Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 37 Discussion | Ch. 38 Prediction

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 37 Discussion | Ch. 38 Prediction

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist. Scanlation is released, see here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by earthforge; July 06, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 37 Spoiler Thread

Chapter #37Verification: Confirmed
    Source: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

Raw Here: JJT - Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU!~

Seriously, this is great after a weekend of anxiety over math, health issues, and foreclosure fears.

This has my favorite panel in it ever - that recollection to Toudou. And yay, Yukio has overcome his issues - or not? I have no idea, he seems to be more mentally intact now and no longer losing to his rage. And aw, this is the brotherly convo I've been waiting for months on. I DEMAND TRANZLATION!
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow... the art really appears to have gotten sketchy for a bit in this chapter... but overall it looks like it could be pretty good. I really can't wait for a translation.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that it is on purpose, but the art gets sketchier and sketchier as Yukio get more and more worked up, which worked nicely when sudenly Rin comes into sharp focus.

Thankyou for the Raws! I can't wait untill the Scans come out

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gananime's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It's taking quite a lot of time for the scans to be released aren't they? Claymore of the same mag got released quite fast...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

art seemed really sketchy here and there but it is apparent that Yukio is beginning to either mature as the son of satan or his doubts and fears are making him fall to a demon :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gananime's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What crappy art it was in between (reminded me of Togashi's Hunter x Hunter) Seems Katou had a hard time meeting the deadline :P

Anyways Kraken arc wrapped up, wonder what's in store next We'll probably see Mephisto & the higher Exorcists in the next chapters

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiemi!!It's great that she did not need to be saved as we thought last chapter. "Graceful young lady!" indeed.
    Great chapter. Loved the brotherly interactions and Yukio's development. Though despite his character getting some exposition, he still puzzles me.

About the art: as an artist I kinda appreciated it, since it gave a little more insight on how manga is made.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So much for Wadatsumi. That was quick. I have no idea why everyone thinks that Shiemi needs to be rescued, she is probably one of the more capable esquires. She's usually able to handle herself, she didn't even seemed particularly bothered that she was in the clutches of the Kraken. I hope that Yukio has moved beyond Rin's demonic abilities. Wondering what's up next for the team.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    So much for Wadatsumi. That was quick. I have no idea why everyone thinks that Shiemi needs to be rescued, she is probably one of the more capable esquires. She's usually able to handle herself, she didn't even seemed particularly bothered that she was in the clutches of the Kraken. I hope that Yukio has moved beyond Rin's demonic abilities. Wondering what's up next for the team.
    Simple reason: it's a shonen!

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That "I hate myself" line with Yukio half-smiling is probably going to become my signature.

Enjoyable chapter. But in conclusion... I am now even more concerned. Though Yukio has now stabilized and is no longer Mr. Cranky-Pants, he... still worries me. Now he's not doing any "scared to stupid" actions.

So first we get Yukio's determination not to accept Rin's flames, because he is scared of Rin becoming Satan's son since then Yukio won't be able to protect him. This links back to Yukio's deep-seated fear of demons and Yukio's fear of being surpassed. As Shura said, Yukio wants to make Rin stay static - he wants Rin to not go crazy, he wants Rin to not use his abilities, etc. But as Yukio stated, Yukio can't do a damn thing about it as Rin would always escape any cage to save someone else.

Rin did his brotherly "y'know, I'm not even going to disagree, you may be right. But you're still my kid brother, and however you view me, let me help!" and Yukio immediately goes "I- dammit, you're right, though I hate it (you're always right, always the better one). Okay, you better do your job."

Oh gosh Yukio, you and your "dad always liked you best" complex. Though Toudou's is more classic ("dad gave my brother a dog and I didn't get to have a dog","and you'd go out with a bicycle and........ wait, I never got a bicycle!", "mom says always like your brother",... okay, if a new anime gets out I swear all Toudou scenes and flashbacks MUST be set to the "Mom Liked You Best" comedy track.)

Though Yukio's sniping = <3. Improbable, but beautiful. And badass combo - Yukio located the non-simulacrum, Shiemi got the Sea Monkey to build a bridge ("ah but can't you also build a bridge out of stone?" okay I'll stop with the Monty Python), and Rin traversed it to incinerate the kraken.

It's nice to hear that Yukio admitted he enjoyed defeating a demon with Rin. Sibling collaborations are awesome and far more effective. Rin and Yukio also complement each other in a fight well, though Yukio loves being sharp - "of course I'll tell you the stories and fight with you: when you become an exorcist".

Minus the little "you can tell me EVERYTHING" and Yukio going "oh %^& flashback *line of curses*". Whoops Rin.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 37 Discussion | Ch. 38 Prediction

^ I have the feeling a better translation would be "IF you become an ecorcist". Rin wouldn't get so worked up about it if Yukio was assuming he'd succeed at becoming an exorcist someday.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 37 Discussion | Ch. 38 Prediction

Bleh, no good fanfics... *grmumble*

Among other better translations... by the way, on a reread of this arc I noticed that the prior scans on mangapanda have been corrected for errors (like they fixed "accept my flames" to "I want you to acknowledge my flames too", "you saw an unpleasant side" to "you saw a bad side of me", "crazy would cause more trouble" to "you'd cause more trouble if you were crazy", "you're still mad as expected" to "I imagine you're still angry, huh?").

The nice thing is with Yukio's troubles on standby, we can go on to more interesting stuff like that damn Takara. Why did he disappear again for the Kraken fight? Or what other summer class items will go on for the Exwires? Maybe we'll get to see more Tamer training?

What do you all think will happen net chapter?

New Reply