Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I just see their meathod of finding the meathod of sealing stupid .

I mean was there really a need for 4 captains to go bankai ?? I mean just one captain could have gone bankai and it would have been more than enough to see the method .

Secondly , why a captain when u have ppl like Renji and Ikkaku who aint captains running around with Bankai . I can understand for Ikkaku as no one but few know of his bankai , but why not use Renji instead???

Thirdly , Since Byakuya stated Bankai is necessary for winning , loosing his bainkai = instant loss , so again why experiment with 4 captains !!??
    I completely agree. Their strategy was at best completely asinine. Why would you expose four of your most powerful assets to determine enemy capability when one would suffice. Add that to the fact that the like of Ikkaku and Renji were ideal candidates for testing out these abilities, and the Captains just like idiots. Renji was standing right next to Byakuya. Why should Renji fight after he's lost his bankai, when he, a far more powerful shinigami, could fight after Renji has lost his? And in the case of Byakyua, why go to bankai immediately? He was facing an opponent he had managed to injure, and he had Renji's support. It was as though he was just begging to lose his bankai. The captains have to have some secret strategy underlying these decisions because they cannot possibly be that stupid.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member David Gill's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know Kubo wants the destruction of soul society but this is no way to go on about. The captains look dumb after this, maybe he didn't think this through.
    And what is Byakuya saying that they weren't warned? They were told they only had 5 days.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its kinda hilarious when ichigo is the least reckless person fighting the bad guys
    Last edited by DarkPrinceRevan; June 13, 2012 at 05:55 AM.

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they can use the Bankai they stolen... Even if i can steal a rocket it does not mean i can use it... Also Kubo is probably smart enough to not give us some other people using the same Bankai we got to see for 496 chapters? Neah they probably just steal it and keep it but not use it. Perhaps use them but in a diferent form like using the reiatsu they provide or upgrade there main attack with that Bankai somehow.... Just trowing around the same moves that we already know would mean this is a VERY good thing this manga ends...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

byakuya: a bankai that can cover large area
    hitsugaya: creates, leaves substance behind
    komamura: generates a giant body with direct attack
    soi fon: one shot fast explosive attack

i think that mayuri specifically chose these captains to observe how quincies steal bankais of different structures. before assigning the orders to the 4 captains he infected them with those bacteria to observe the process.

7. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So it has actually come to this, they can actually steal the bankai. Will we be seeing some bankai vs bankai moves?

To what extent is it stolen?

Can they recover it?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

So four captains lost their bankai and it was quick. It seems there was no getting around this trap. They would not be able to use their bankai anyway, so I don't think it's a big strategical error, especially considering that other stronger captains still have their bankai. There's a point in four captains taking the risk rather than one, four people have better chances of figuring out how bankai stealing method works, one captain may notice a detail which others miss. I don't think their shikai are gone too, wasn't Sasakibe's zanpakuto in shikai form in the first quincy attack?

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

abyozuu
    If this is Kubo's idea, great! It's four times the chance to find out what they are actually doing. Those four may be strong or geniuses, but they aren't senior captains, and wasting a VC on this wouldn't be helpful too, as they captains would have to fight and get their bankai stolen too anyway.

If it's just Kubo showing off four bankai[we already knew they posses] on two pages, it would be a waste of panels and the typical show off idiocy that's going on in Bleach for some time now. He already used one chapter to show us that they are capable of stealing, I don't know why he would use a whole chapter for this again.

Someone will interfere with the first sternritter we see, as Yuki and Shino are there, it wouldn't make sense plotwise to just kill them off after their introduction at the beginning of the arc.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 13, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
    Firm but Fair

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    abyozuu
    If this is Kubo's idea, great! It's four times the chance to find out what they are actually doing. Those four may be strong or geniuses, but they aren't senior captains, and wasting a VC on this wouldn't be helpful too, as they captains would have to fight and get their bankai stolen too anyway.

If it's just Kubo showing off four bankai[we already knew they posses] on two pages, it would be a waste of panels and the typical show off idiocy that's going on in Bleach for some time now. He already used one chapter to show us that they are capable of stealing, I don't know why he would use a whole chapter for this again.

Someone will interfere with the first sternritter we see, as Yuki and Shino are there, it wouldn't make sense plotwise to just kill them off after their introduction at the beginning of the arc.
    in terms of trolling i would love to see kenpachi and kensei's bankai getting sealed the moment they release.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for Kenpachi to enter the fight.
    Unless the Quincy know that he hasn't achieved BanKai yet they're going to sh*t bricks when he starts anihilating them without even Shikai.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    So it has actually come to this, they can actually steal the bankai. Will we be seeing some bankai vs bankai moves?
    I hope so, that'd be awesome. Fighting against their own or their comrades bankai would be really sweet.

Quote Quote:
    To what extent is it stolen?
    I raised this question few posts back. If zanpktou itself is stolen, it will be a huge disadvantage for the SS. As Byakuya said, these opponents may not be defeated without bankai, I wonder what will they do.
    Quote Quote:
    Can they recover it?
    They should. One of the method comes to mind is to break the device / medallion they used to capture the bankai. There could be other methods to but we will have to wait for some more information.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post

They should. One of the method comes to mind is to break the device / medallion they used to capture the bankai. There could be other methods to but we will have to wait for some more information.
    we already saw what happened when yamamoto broke wonderveis and the fire sealed in him explode in an instant. although the result will not be that drastic, release of all bankai energy in an instant will cause great damage

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It is only natural that some captains would try to activate the bankais sooner or later. Having vague information from hearsaying is one thing, but experiencing it oneself and seeing it with own eyes is a different stroy.

Plus they obviously thought they can gain it back, i.e. defeat the quincy before he gets to seal it away (Sui Feng's comment) if they have a co-fighter who could distract the quincy or assist in battle, since Sasakibe was alone and only by himself back then.

It's not a waste of space, it is an easily comprehensible war strategy to confirm a threat and observe its extent.

And going bankai without filling at least half of a page wouldn't be Bleach. It's aways been like that, and will always be. This is not One Piece with 15 panel on each page.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; June 13, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

guess kenpachi is there only hope. but this was to reckless by the captains i think they may have some sort of a plan unless kubo wanted to get over the stealing of their bankais fast

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I raised this question few posts back. If zanpktou itself is stolen, it will be a huge disadvantage for the SS. As Byakuya said, these opponents may not be defeated without bankai, I wonder what will they do.
    From Byakuya's shocking expression and word choice I would guess they took away the zanpakuto spirit, so that the sword is simply a sword without any powers now. Next week we get to know more.

New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast