Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    We're not sure if they can use it or not but I see no reason why it's not possible to take over control using whatever it is they're using. That wouldn't contradict anything.
    It takes them a multitude of decades to get into such a good relationship with the spirits that they enable them to use bankai, just being able to control them seems ridiculous, sorry I just can't accept this like that.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It takes them a multitude of decades to get into such a good relationship with the spirits that they enable them to use bankai, just being able to control them seems ridiculous, sorry I just can't accept this like that.
    If the bankais are under the Sternritter's controls and forced to attack, you don't think they'll use the techniques they know? The bankai zanpakutou knows the technique. It's up to the Shinigami to learn it. In this instance, it's basically the zanpakutou that's being used. This is assuming that it can be used of course. I'm not saying the Quincy will go bankai and just start using techniques that took the captains forever to learn. I'm saying the bankai could be controlled to attack. Whether or not they use specific abilities or not is pretty much up to the bankai at that point.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

Look at it like in Naruto.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by toussaintac; June 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Now this is weird, Soi fon apparently hates using her bankai as she previously stated during her fight with barangan, and now she went bankai first?! You gotta be kidding me...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it would seem that soi fon's shikai would be very effective against them anyway, i would suggest the captains all try to divert their attention while soi fon goes around and double taps them with her little hornet-ring-poker thingy and instant two hit kills them right?
    Aizen made it pretty clear that the ability of Soi Fons Shikai doesn't work on enemies who have significantly more reiatsu than her.

As for the survival chances of the captains:
    Hitsugaya and Byakuya won't die... they are fan favourites. And I can't think of any mainstream-shounen-manga with a female character(except villains) dying in battle... so I guess Soi Fon is rather safe too.
    Maybe Komamura will bite the dust... the plot seems pretty much done with his character since Tousens death.

Where are the other Vizard right now? Their help could be pretty handy at the moment.
    After the first battle is over, Urahara should hollify all the surviving Captains and VC so they can power up without relying on bankai.
    Seeing Shunsui and Ukitake donning their masks would be neat fanservice.

Of course Kenpachi doesn't need any of this
    I like how Kubo is not showing him right now. I bet he'll get a badass entrance when the battle already seems lost.
    Last edited by White Rabbit; June 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

could've sworn, Sasakibe warned them about this. And yet, they still try to use "Bankai" anyway.

it's all skill from here on out, if they truly wish to defeat the "Quincy / Vandenreich".

p.s., Ichigo's bankai may not disappear at all, because he's "half human". anyone else think this is the probable explanation?.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    Now this is weird, Soi fon apparently hates using her bankai as she previously stated during her fight with barangan, and now she went bankai first?! You gotta be kidding me...
    That was to witness how the Quincy's bankai stealing worked. You saw what the captains were saying to their subordinates, right?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    could've sworn, Sasakibe warned them about this. And yet, they still try to use "Bankai" anyway.

it's all skill from here on out, if they truly wish to defeat the "Quincy / Vandenreich".

p.s., Ichigo's bankai may not disappear at all, because he's "half human". anyone else think this is the probable explanation?.
    They knew about it. They still needed to test, first hand, so they could find a way to counter it. They can't figure out a counter without more information, right? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the bankai and see how it's stolen in order to devise a plan to permanently free their bankais instead of them just trying to fight without their bankais? Otherwise, they'd be in an even worse position and about to die before they decided to bankai and it was immediately stolen. They did the right thing.
    Last edited by toussaintac; June 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Byakuya did state that this is an opponent who cannot be defeated without bankai. He has seen how miserable Renij been performing, plus the thousands of deaths, so he seemingly came to the conclusion to go full out and finish the guy before he can seal his bankai, or together with Renji break this quincy sealing, redeem his bankai and report the way to do it to everybody else.

Solid logic. His only miscalculation was that they not seal but steal it, whatever that might mean.
    Weak logic, why not let Renji get his Bankai sealed first ? Byakuya is obviously stronger and his Bankai is more dangerous, while he had to sacrifice his Bankai like that ? Now he's pretty much doomed, along with the other captains.

As I said, his logic wasn't solid at all, it was based on a lot of misconceptions about the Quincies new ability regarding Bankai... They've got no infos about the Quincies to begin with, the fact that Mayuri wasn't aware of the old fashioned ultimate form suggest how their infos about them is lacking, and now, with their whole new power up, they're facing an unknown enemy. They didn't know exactly what happened with Sasakibe to begin with, and yet they decided to use their trump card in such a way (They could've done it way more carefully, like sacrificing one captain's bankai or Renji/Ikkaku and Mayuri observing the process, not 4 captains at the same time). Also if the Sternritter's abilities are like the one Kirge displayed on a stronger scale, they're doomed. Really doomed.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; June 13, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Weak logic, why not let Renji get his Bankai sealed first ? Byakuya is obviously stronger and his Bankai is more dangerous, while he had to sacrifice his Bankai like that ? Now he's pretty much doomed, along with the other captains.

As I said, his logic wasn't solid at all, it was based on a lot of misconceptions about the Quincies new ability regarding Bankai... They've got no infos about the Quincies to begin with, the fact that Mayuri wasn't aware of the old fashioned ultimate form suggest how their infos about them is lacking, and now, with their whole new power up, they're facing an unknown enemy. They didn't know exactly what happened with Sasakibe to begin with, and yet they decided to use their trump card in such a way...
    There's nothing wrong with Byakuya's logic. Assuming Sternritter can only have one stolen bankai at a time. Why would a Sternritter even bother to steal a vice captain;s when there are captians romaing around.

Scenario 1: Neither captain nor vice captain bankai

Both will likely die because shikai isn't strong enough unless you're someone like Yama or Kenpachi or someone with really good kido.

Scenario 2: non captain bankais and Captain goes shikai

It's probable that Sternritter will ignore the weaker shinigami's bankai and take it on rather than steal it. There's always the possibility they just steal it and force the capain to use bankai, release the first bankai and steal the captain's. This would put you in...

Scenario 3: Captain bankais.

Captain's bankai is stolen. Non-captain can bankai again. Now, shinigami proceed to fight while figuring out a way to ge the bankai back permanently.

This all assumes the Sternritter can't steal multiple bankais. If they can't, it makes sense they would only bother to steal and keep the stronger bankai.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Gill View Post
    We all know Kubo wants the destruction of soul society but this is no way to go on about. The captains look dumb after this, maybe he didn't think this through.
    And what is Byakuya saying that they weren't warned? They were told they only had 5 days.
    But it wasn't 5 days. They attacked earlier

I agree, the way the author went about the bankai stealing puts the captains in a very bad light. Was hoping more to the chapter

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    its convenient for the story....lol why didnt renji use his bankai and get his stolen instead of byakuyas .. anyways im just waiting to see the look on the quincy's faces when they see zaraki's power and they cant do anything about it lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's to stop the Quincy's from going into the final form and sucking up all of Kenpachi's reishi after he takes off his eyepatch? Then what?

The main thing I don't like is just how virtually invincible these quincies have been made to seem although I know it's still early. But I mean, Byakuya is the only person thus far to cause any damage to them and really, the damage is relatively light. He removed the floor from one Quincy and gave the other one paper cuts. The battle has been waaaaaaaay too one-sided for too long. It'd be nice to start to see some casualties on the other side as well...or at the very least, some type of limitation to these quincies.
    Last edited by union98; June 13, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by union98 View Post
    What's to stop the Quincy's from going into the final form and sucking up all of Kenpachi's reishi after he takes off his eyepatch? Then what?
    Knowing Kenpachi, he'd kill his target before that happened. Also, it seems that ability wouldn't work as easily against stronger targets. If the target is much stronger, it may not work at all. Similar to how Soi-Fon 2KO wouldn't work against Aizen. If the Sternritter could easily take your resihi like that, they wouldn't need to steal bankais. They'd just take your reishi, transform, beat everyone to death and say, "Good day, sir.".

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    its convenient for the story....lol why didnt renji use his bankai and get his stolen instead of byakuyas .. anyways im just waiting to see the look on the quincy's faces when they see zaraki's power and they cant do anything about it lol
    Go read my posts.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i bet the vizards are going to show up to save the day, at least for some part

i am hoping to see ichigo also show up. hopefully ichigo and his friends can step and help save SS

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

imo,that seal works just against one bankai,that's why the quincies are facing just a captain. in my opinion,as nodt will be defeated by renji's bankai and thanks to byakuya. they shouldn't expect him to possess bankai.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Stealing mayuri's bankai didn't work out too well for szayel. I'm a bit annoyed at how short this chapter felt. I also don't particularly want to see any of these captains fight. I wanna see the look on the face of whoever's fighting kenpachi when he tells him he has no clue what a bankai is.

New Reply
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast