Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

i want to see renji getting trolled by as nödt, when the latter says "did you really think that i brought only one device?"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

It is logical to use Byakuga's Bankai and not Renji's. Byakuga has used his Bankai a lot more, meaning it is easier to find the flaws if it gets used against him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

heh page 11 really made me feel bad for Byaukuya and his fanboys/girls.....being part of such a weak group of captain almost certainly meant defeat....specially being the first set of captains shown fighting....but anyways Kubo seems to almost be messing with his fans since NOW its 'STOLE'

i dunno something about the way they took em reminds me of how Ginjo took Ichigo's fullbring.....wonder if there's any similarities

interesting chapter tho
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; June 13, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a stupid chapter, Byakuya took out one opponent and managed to get past the mysterious quincy armor with his Shikai, only to deliberately lose his Bankai? And why didn't he make Renji Bankai first to find out how the quincy get rid of Bankais? And why did Soi Fon Bankai at all in the first place? By her own admission, it doesn't suit her fighting style and of all the Bankais out there, hers definitely seems like it would be the least effective against quincies. Based on how Kirge took Ichigo's GT, even if Soi Fon had managed to fire off her Bankai, any decent quincy would have just absorbed the explosion.

Just once, I would like to see the Gotei 13 employ some tactics that weren't completely retarded. Maybe I misinterpreted things but it seems like Byakuya's train of thought went like this: "Hey Renji, I know I just had to save you and I'm not struggling at all so far, but let me use this technique which I know won't work on this opponent, and after that goes wrong I want you to use your version of that technique, which as I said earlier, won't work on this opponent."
    And that is a supposed to be a valid strategy! The captains actually seemed surprised that their brilliant plan of willingly letting their opponents take away their most powerful weapons backfired somehow.

The only saving grace of this chapter was that the senior captains weren't part of these exemplary military tactics, the long sleeved haori must be given out after some sort of common sense test.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Secondly , why a captain when u have ppl like Renji and Ikkaku who aint captains running around with Bankai . I can understand for Ikkaku as no one but few know of his bankai , but why not use Renji instead???
    because Renji was stated to have a new version of his bankai and Kubo didnt give him a new version jus so it could get stolen....

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

i'm really annoyed with the bankai stealing, i expect a GREAT explanation for how this is done, not a good one.....cuz its B.S. to be so easily able to steal something thats partof someone's soul, furthermore with the relationships we've seen with Shinigami and Zanpakuto, how the hell would a Zanpakuto accept someone else as their master.....like i said Kubo better have a good explanation for this, and why its so damn easy

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Their strategy was indeed a bit strange. Of course it would be strange for not that bright guys like Renji, Omaeda, Rangiku and Iba to manage to interrupt the process of sealing Bankai, but at the end they han not only gotten weaker, but also managed to power their opponents up, so now the fight against Vandenreich will be even more difficult. Hope they won't be able to steal Vaizard's Bankais, otherwise they would be too overpowered. Also I hope Ichi will defeat Kirge and arrive to help SS, otherwise they are doomed. I hope Isshin, Yoruichi and Tessai will also come to help.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol also so much for Toshiro and all his training to 'comple' his bankai, Kubo's got balls taking out Byakuya's and Toshiro's bankai in one chapter lolol!! he's receiving death threats as we speak!

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope another captains wont bankai after this....and the bankai that the Sternritters stole just now is probably from the youngest captain in SS if we can compare with Yamamoto, Unohana, Rose, Shinji, Shunsui, Kensei, Kenpachi, Mayuri and Ukitake. Also, we already see a lot of this bankai from Byakuya, Toshiro, Komamura and Soifon, so it's time the old captain show what they have against sternritters.

I think Kubo purposely "stole" bankai from this 4 captain because we already see to many especially from byakuya and toshiro.
    Last edited by espadaboyzz; June 13, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

quincy blut does not seem so strong, because byakuya easily managed to cut with his shikai. kenpachi may defeat these quincies without too much trouble. the only problem is that someone needs to guide him to the location of quincies

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. I believe the shikai of Byakuya, Koma, Sui Feng and Tochiro are done now too. While Byakuya is besides that a great kido user and Sui Feng a good fighter, Tochi seems to be pretty much doomed from now on.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Kenpachi will smash them up

Also the quincies don't know how to use their bankai.
    Byakuya mentioned in the fullbring arc that he had to train and develop the safe zone which means that the quincy can't use it as effectively without hurting herself.

Also the concept of "stealing" was not introduced in this chapter:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/486/15

It was mentioned before that they "capture" bankais.

I think the captains will just say they have been training to beat aizen and have no need for bankais -__-
    Their physical attributes have probably all been greatly boosted since then.
    And maybe.. they have just developed a third form like ichigo's final getsuga tenshou.
    Except they don't use it because they will lose all their reiatsu after that and will die since they have no physical bodies?

But the most likely scenario is that the current fights will end with new entrances such as the other captains and Ishida Souken / Urahara / Yoruichi and eventually possibly Aizen who btw wants to destroy soul society aswell

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. Komamura and Hitsugaya without their Bankais are practically nothing as they've never shown any other feats that can put them higher than a good Vice Captain without Bankai. And if they can't also use Shikai, then they are practically useless at least in a big fight.

The thing I've thought about is that now tons of Shinigami are dieing, but this is a good moment to make Chad a really useful character. We know that Shinigami can give his powers to people. So Kubo can make one of the dieing Shinigami give his powers to Chad, then he can become quite strong character that can rival even the likes of Mayuri and Komamura quite easily. Especially if he would have a good training with Ichigo and Urahara.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Really Kubo really? is the Zanpakto filler arc not enough ? and another thing those quincy's are just weak a$$ fodder if they don't have those items. i rate this chapter a "BAD"

so that means after this chapter the only shinigami that can kick ass on those weak a$$ quincy's are ICHIGO and KENPACHI

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sonia Khan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, So captains got their Bankais sealed, i think next they ll know if they break the device then they ll get their Bankais back, problem solved for them

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we'll see Ken-chan kicking asses soon as he is the only one who doesn't use Bankai at least for now, so he might be the best opponent for these Quincies.
    Also it seems that at the begining of the chapter that officer from the 13th Division is killed by that seemingly head of Sternenritter. It seems the guy is very strong as he seems to practically not lift a finger to kill theguy, but it doesn't seem that he really wanted to kill him, but I might be wrong.

New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast