Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

I knew it was more of a stealing then sealing, but if stealing is the case then i have a feeling they are going to use it against the captains....
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    So we might also see Sasakibe's Bankai now as it seems that one of those Quincies managed to steal it. It might be interesting to see how strong it was as it should have been based on lightning element. Hope the Captains can still use their Shikai, cause if not they are practically doomed.
    If they can use the stolen Bankai then I hope and bet the guy who has Sasakibe's is going to use it on Yamamoto. Then Yamamoto would go Bankai and incinerate him in 5 seconds.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN the bankai's got STOLEN, what a chapter!!!!!

the captains are in some deep shit if they dont get some help soon, i assume yamamoto will step in to try to help, and perhaps ichigo can get there sometime soon

i suspect Kenpachi will also show his ugly mug

i wonder if kubo actually has the guts to kill off some of his captains....

i doubt it, and honestly i dont want to see any of them die

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    And going bankai without filling at least half of a page wouldn't be Bleach. It's aways been like that, and will always be. This is not One Piece with 15 panel on each page.
    That doesn't stop it from being a waste of space, he could have skipped those two pages and absolutely nothing would have been lost, since nothing new has been shown. Bleach is Bleach, that doesn't stop it from evolving to a more plot filled manga.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    lol for these quincies speaking german,such as "nodt's blut" . btw,the blonde leader of the stern ritter seems to be much good and quiet than his comrades. he really lookes like ukitake,whereas as nodt seems unahana.
    It's just a german term, like many other specific Quincy related terms seen in the past weeks, so nobody is speacking german yet, and hopefully never will[have a reason to].
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. Things are not looking good for Soul Society.

The four who used their Bankai:

Byakukya, Kommamura, Soi Fon, and Hitsugaya...

They will probably all die. If one lives...it will be Hitsugaya. But he won't have Bankai.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...

-Byakuya
    *Takes a look at Renji*
    "My Vice Captain has Bankai. Pretty lucky for me."

-Hitsugaya
    *Takes a look at Matsumoto*
    "Well.... somewhat workable. Maybe we'll figure something out."

-Komamura
    *Takes a look at Iba*
    "My vice captain will follow me till the end. Prepare yourself, Quincy."

-Soi Fon
    *Takes a look at Omaeda*
    "... f*ck"

8. Like 16 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm confused, altho its clear that Kenpachi is one of their best chance....why is everyone saying he's their only chance? the senior captains have all displayed the ability to defeat high level opponents (stronger than even Kenpachi fought) without having to use their bankais.....so i dunno i dont get it there's still quite a few strong ppl on the shinigami side....and ppl who are likely strong enough to take on more than one sternritter since we havent really seen em fight....and if it doesnt affect their shikai i'd say Shunsui is still the most deadly due to unpredictability of his Azan techniques

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

and the fact is, ppl are already forgetting about the ability to suck Reishi and become stronger that Kirge just showed us....so its not exactly like even Kenpachi would be fighting them at their base power.....

i cant wait to see him fighting them but i'm still worried 4 Captains have already played their cards and the Sternritter have not

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I just see their meathod of finding the meathod of sealing stupid .

I mean was there really a need for 4 captains to go bankai ?? I mean just one captain could have gone bankai and it would have been more than enough to see the method .

Secondly , why a captain when u have ppl like Renji and Ikkaku who aint captains running around with Bankai . I can understand for Ikkaku as no one but few know of his bankai , but why not use Renji instead???

Thirdly , Since Byakuya stated Bankai is necessary for winning , loosing his bainkai = instant loss , so again why experiment with 4 captains !!??
    All the captains had the same idea, it's not that they went, ok we'll do it one at a time it's, we need to figure this out fast so we'll each bankai and if one of us can figure out what's going on we can relay the information. However, they never considered the fact that the reaitsu from their Bankai would be stolen which means they can't call upon that reaitsu to grant them the ability of Bankai. It would appear the technique the Quincies have learned is a concept in which they can quite literally absorb the Spirit Particles required to initiate the Bankai so that they can't use it.

The only trick I see behind it now is that each Quincy can only seal one bankai respectively, so if x bankai is sealed they won't be able to seal Bankai y so if they can't beat the person who has Bankai x then they may be able to take back what was stolen. However there is also the possibility that they can steal multiple Bankai which would really be troublesome but there's also the initiation of stealing the Bankai. From what was shown it looks like they have to be facing the bankai and have the medallion out. If a bankai is used from behind they shouldn't be able to do anything about it until they actually see it.

As to why Byakuya was the one to use his Bankai and not Renji is quite simple. They want to fight balanced, in terms of strength Byakuya>Renji with Shikai, in terms of Bankai Shikai-Byakuya=Bankai-Renji or Renji may be a little stronger. If Renji was the one who went Bankai and lost his ability then they would be at a severe disadvantage battle wise since one member would be weaker then the other if Byakuya was able to keep his Bankai. But he also has to keep in mind that maybe they can seal both their Bankai's so it's better for the stronger ones Bankai to be sealed so that the team doesn't rely and become demoralized when it's revealed that both their Bankais can be sealed.
    -----

The chapter has a very interesting setup, it'll be interesting to see how the groups are able to fight back with the fact that their Bankai's are stolen from them. To bad Tousen is dead, I imagine his ability to nulify all senses with his Bankai would negate the ability the Quincy have to steal it. Hopefully they stick around with SS for a while, Ichigo's situation is pretty dull atm, I wanna see how these fights conclude.

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    i'm confused, altho its clear that Kenpachi is one of their best chance....why is everyone saying he's their only chance? the senior captains have all displayed the ability to defeat high level opponents (stronger than even Kenpachi fought) without having to use their bankais.....so i dunno i dont get it there's still quite a few strong ppl on the shinigami side....and ppl who are likely strong enough to take on more than one sternritter since we havent really seen em fight....and if it doesnt affect their shikai i'd say Shunsui is still the most deadly due to unpredictability of his Azan techniques

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

and the fact is, ppl are already forgetting about the ability to suck Reishi and become stronger that Kirge just showed us....so its not exactly like even Kenpachi would be fighting them at their base power.....

i cant wait to see him fighting them but i'm still worried 4 Captains have already played their cards and the Sternritter have not
    Ken should make some sort of appearance he is the only one capable of fighting without even the thought of relying on bankai. Plus the enemy is strong so he would get a joy out of fighting enemies with such immense energy. If kenpachi actually wanted to use some strategy for once he could mockingly continue to call out bankai to trick the Quincies into showing their medallion and then slicing it off of them so that they can't use such cheap tricks anymore. Though maybe that's what it will come down to, if the Shinigami that can't use Bankai just say "Bankai" then the Quincies will have to take it as a serious threat and ready the counterattack since if one of them is true then they'll be hit with a brute attack. With that in mind it might be Ikkaku who finally breaks his secret and reveals his Bankai, it might be some scene in which the shinigami are in group and told to yell out bankai with Ikkaku in one of them, but since he does have it he may wait for the moment until the captain/shinigami with Bankai uses his on the Quincy and then call his bankai to assist in a double attack.

A lot can definitely go on but I think the best hope the Shinigami have atm is to make use of their larger numbers, although they are getting cut down fast since they know that their bankai can be stolen and the quincy are looking out for this, then the best way to fight back would be to feign the call of a Bankai.
    Last edited by TheWanderer; June 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it would seem that soi fon's shikai would be very effective against them anyway, i would suggest the captains all try to divert their attention while soi fon goes around and double taps them with her little hornet-ring-poker thingy and instant two hit kills them right?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it would seem that soi fon's shikai would be very effective against them anyway, i would suggest the captains all try to divert their attention while soi fon goes around and double taps them with her little hornet-ring-poker thingy and instant two hit kills them right?
    Shikais with special abilities would be advantageous. Soi-Fon has shunko, as well. I hope to see The Vizards and more focus on kido and characters whose bankais aren't affected for whatever reason. It'd be good to have a combination since that will leave tension in not knowing how each person will be beat, etc.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member THETRUTH.com's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. I am wondering if the Quincies can you the stolen Bankai. If so there is potential for an opening there. Let's understand that despite what we have come to accept the Bankai is rare. So the Quincies will not have a lot of experience using them, not to mention every Bankai is unique. I think it is interesting the Bankais that were stolen this chapter each has a weakness. Byakuya has the reaction zone. Soi Fong slows the user down and knocks them off balance once it is used. Komamura pass the damage of the bankai directly to the user. Hitsu can only use for so long. I look for the Captain/VC tandems to use combos to take advantage of these weaknesses. I also wonder if the medallion will be used similar to the Holy form meaning they have a form in which they need to be in to use the Bankai.

I am hoping the Captains, as the true fighting strength behind the Gotei 13, have formulated this strategy in order to evaluate the enemy. Strategy is not often used in Bleach so it would definitely add depth to the battle. Rose seemed to be receiving communications in the previous chapter. Once the communication goes out no other Bankais should be stolen. The Viazard Captains have another ability they can depend on but it may be possible for that to be stolen as well. However, they are not among the ones who had Bankais stolen. I think Gotei 13 may have established the strategy before hand and are holding some fighters in reserve especially squad 11 to help respond after the enemies power is understood more clearly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Good chapter. Things are not looking good for Soul Society.

The four who used their Bankai:

Byakukya, Kommamura, Soi Fon, and Hitsugaya...

They will probably all die. If one lives...it will be Hitsugaya. But he won't have Bankai.
    Hitsu is untouchable and Byakuya might be too. I dont want Byakuya to die anyway, he's badass. Plus, he rarely loses a fight. He always ends up in complicated situations, he'll at least get out of this one alive. Komamura should be screwed though, Kubo is relentless in defecating on him......and I honestly wouldn't care if Soifon died. Hell, Soifon has no reason to worry at this point anyway....I would argue her Shikai is better than her Bankai, at least in this situation. I doubt a long range fighter would stand by while she charges up that missile anyways.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm missing is the relation to the spirits of the zanpakutō or some kind of reaction at all. So Bankais can be stolen, but why would the spirit enable others/outsider to use the powers? That just wouldn't make sense to me. Come on Kubo, don't crap on and retcon your own lore. Didn't Hitsugaya and/or Kommamura get a better understanding of their soul cutters, this may the time to make use of it. The captains aren't stalling and so shouldn't the autor.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What I'm missing is the relation to the spirits of the zanpakutō or some kind of reaction at all. So Bankais can be stolen, but why would the spirit enable others/outsider to use the powers? That just wouldn't make sense to me. Come on Kubo, don't crap on and retcon your own lore. Didn't Hitsugaya and/or Kommamura get a better understanding of their soul cutters, this may the time to make use of it. The captains aren't stalling and so should'nt the autor.
    We're not sure if they can use it or not but I see no reason why it's not possible to take over control using whatever it is they're using. That wouldn't contradict anything.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What I'm missing is the relation to the spirits of the zanpakutō or some kind of reaction at all. So Bankais can be stolen, but why would the spirit enable others/outsider to use the powers? That just wouldn't make sense to me. Come on Kubo, don't crap on and retcon your own lore. Didn't Hitsugaya and/or Kommamura get a better understanding of their soul cutters, this may the time to make use of it. The captains aren't stalling and so should'nt the autor.
    But unless they actually enslave them, which in turn gives their Crosses the abilities of the Zanpaktu's or they give them an entirely different set of moves, but who knows maybe they only Steal them inside the cross to give them self's a power boost and no extra moves
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast