Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

The funny part would be if they go to Kenpachi and say:
    "Bankai now."

And Kenpachi responds with:
    "Bankai? That stuffs for pansies!" and one shots one of the stern ritter after taking off his patch.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dopeycheese View Post
    Now this is weird, Soi fon apparently hates using her bankai as she previously stated during her fight with barangan, and now she went bankai first?! You gotta be kidding me...
    Well that's just how powerful these dude are . She didn't even have time to complain about not wanting to use her Bankai meaning their situation is pretty hopeless and well i can't say it isn't , after all the casualties so far are immense .

The weaker Shinigami don't stand a chance . They are mere warm up for the Qunicy as we saw

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it would seem that soi fon's shikai would be very effective against them anyway, i would suggest the captains all try to divert their attention while soi fon goes around and double taps them with her little hornet-ring-poker thingy and instant two hit kills them right?
    Although it makes sense to us, the author won't do that because the longer he drags it out, the more money he gets.

Soifon is very deadly if the author gave her more benefit of the doubt instead of making her some youruichi lackey

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Soi Fon will still be alright without it. She has a really fast SHunpo and maybe, just maybe can 2 hit KO. We don't know the absolute power of the Sternritters, but we can assume them strong. Aizen strong? No. But ability wise, kind of haxed.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haarisa View Post
    The funny part would be if they go to Kenpachi and say:
    "Bankai now."

And Kenpachi responds with:
    "Bankai? That stuffs for pansies!" and one shots one of the stern ritter after taking off his patch.
    Fairly certain that's exactly how Kishi will do it. Maybe he spices it up a bit with shikai since there was that scene where Kenpachi tried to learn his Zanpakutou's name. If he's going to one-shot or use a knew technique, it should be with shikai. The power should be ridiculous, though. It should be Yamamoto-esque.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I Hope they won't be able to steal Vaizard's Bankais, otherwise they would be too overpowered. Also I hope Ichi will defeat Kirge and arrive to help SS, otherwise they are doomed. I hope Isshin, Yoruichi and Tessai will also come to help.
    I think the Vaizards might be the other four special war potentials so they may be safe from Bankai theft, but Rose's absence in this chapter makes it hard to tell, I think Kubo is being deliberately vague here.

I'm also hoping for Yoruichi and the rest of team Urahara to make an appearance, Isshin and Yoruichi have already shown themselves to be capable of dealing damage to strong opponents with out having to resort to a Bankai. I'm also hoping that Kukaku will make a reappearance, it would be nice if the noble families tied into this somehow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    imo,that seal works just against one bankai,that's why the quincies are facing just a captain. in my opinion,as nodt will be defeated by renji's bankai and thanks to byakuya. they shouldn't expect him to possess bankai.
    If they can only hold one Bankai at a time that only suggests that its taking the Reiatsu instantaneously as it changes and can only hold so much, i mean if it can steal as many bankai's as it sees then SS is getting a i suppose we should get too see Renji's improved Bankai(unless he used it in Fullbring arc i cant remember ) I have a funny feeling Renji's going to be reluctant to use it from what he just saw and gets a for it (whether or not its from the SternRitter or Byakuya remains to be seen)
    Last edited by devstauk; June 13, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MOrz's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/496/17

Why is there Ichigo Zanpakuto emblem?

And I'm very interested how Ishida will react to all of this.
    Rest in Pieces.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    Fairly certain that's exactly how Kishi will do it.
    Maybe he spices it up a bit with shikai...
    His Zanpakutō is in a constant shikai state, so no upgrade for him, just being a "normal" swordman again as far as we know. And get your mangaka [and lore] straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOrz View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/496/17

Why is there Ichigo Zanpakuto emblem?
    It's the sign for Bankai, not Ichigo's emblem. It was shown more often, when he revealed his bankai form for the first time in the SS arc [the scanlaters may have used it more often back than].
    Or for a better explanation: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6091908AADW5CN
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 13, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: grammar
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    His Zanpakutō is in a constant shikai state, so no upgrade for him, just being a "normal" swordman again as far as we know. And get your mangaka [and lore] straight.

It's the sign for Bankai, not Ichigo's emblem. It was shown more often, when he revealed his bankai form for the first time in the SS arc [the scanlaters may have used it more often back than].
    Or for a better explanation: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6091908AADW5CN
    Kubo, Kishi, whatever. when you read One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto you always type the wrong one. I keep forgetting that it's constantly released. I guess I'm getting at him needing to know the name in order to use techniques granted to him. That's still considered Shikai. So something like how Ichigo uses Getsuga or Soi Fon uses her 2 hit kill. Somethnig like that but more towards how Kenpachi fights. I also think it would be cool if it was something Kenpachi was against like kido-based shikai/bankai abilities since their division looks down on it.
    Last edited by toussaintac; June 13, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be bad-ass if someone let aizen out of the prison thing and he came to the aide of SS

no one would see that coming

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it would be bad-ass if someone let aizen out of the prison thing and he came to the aide of SS

no one would see that coming
    Definitely because everyone would be under an illusion.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

From what i'm seeing it looks like its time for Kempachi to step in, being the only captain that doesn't need bankai. Also whilst I've got to commend the captains for trying a team work effort with their vice captains I have to acknowledge the fact that the strategy itself didn't seem that smart to me. The sternritter were however really smart in terms of how spaciously they distributed themselves over the battlefield. If they were all fighting in one place then it would be too easy for the captains to gather and share info and perhaps the plan to sacrifice their own bankai in order to read their opponent would have been a little more successful.

Also what was up with that shinigami with the glasses at the start of the chapter (LOL). Its so funny that after seeing so many soldiers get slaughtered in a couple seconds right infront of him he still insisted on relying on basic close range sword fighting skills. How about some long distance kido you retard... not that it would make much difference but at least he would look less stupid. I mean I understand he is supposed to be fodder and all but you don't have to make them seem that ridiculously incompetent.

Oh and just putting this out there, my favourite sternritter has to be the guy with the huge creepy eyes who's fighting Byakuya and Renji.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so the sternritter at the beggining was fighting members of the 4th division right?? so i think this will be Unohana's fight.
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we can't really say that Kenpachi is in Shikai. I believe until he learns the name of his Zan he is somewhere between sealed form and Shikai, hence the power of his Shikai isn't even a half of what it should be. So when he learns the name of his Zanpaktou he will have a propper Shikai and then he will really kick asses and may become way more difficult opponent for such people as Sternenritter or strong Captains like Ukitake, Shunsui or even to the likes of Aizen and Yama.

New Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast