Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

25 29.07%
  • Good

33 38.37%
  • Average

12 13.95%
  • Bad

16 18.60%
New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 496 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

Y dont we all stop this arguing nonsense and just enjoy the chapter. You only have 1 life, stop wasting ur energy on hatred and focus on the good aspects of life. Peace. Love.Forever!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand why Byakuya would release his Bankai when Renji is right there. Byakuya's own Bankai is so much more verstaile and a bigger loss from being sealed/stolen.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner og1's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yami no Serena View Post
    1) Well, for starters, why the hell did they decide to waste 4 captains' bankai to just see how the enemy steals it?! One person should be enough! Well, ok, let it be 2 - just to be sure. They have means of sharing information - they could have just trasnfered what they found out and not let 4 of the best fighters go to waste!

2) The most obvious one:
    Why in the world could it have not been lieutenants that used bankai for this get-the-precise-information idea?! Are they completelly stupid?! Strategically it would be much more clever:

a) captains would be more capabale of handling the intruders after they got the information of what quincies do to bankai
    b) captains would be more likely to spot correctly what exactly the quincies do, if they were to observe from the sidelines, than lieutenants. It was already explained in Bleach, you're more likely to see what you need in your opponent if your reatsu matches or exceeds his.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Also, the whole chapter felt like a badly written internet role-play. So, talking about plot composition, the chapter was utter crap, as well.
    1) My guess is that they felt there isn't enough time to share information if only one captain loses his bankai.
    2) Again my guess is, that those Quincies or whatever you like to call them, can choose what bankai to steal. So the logic behind this is pretty obvius, they wouldn't activate that device on any of lieutenants bankai's.

And I wouldn't discard captains just yet. It's true, they have lost their bankai, for now atleast. But they can still put pretty decent fight without one.
    I'm NOT sorry for my bad English.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    imho even if they could have used one Captain losing their Bankai for research purposes, i still have to commend Kubo for fast forwarding something we've seen over and over...namely those Captains Bankais who were taken....to add to that it gives him a chance to make them legitimitate again if they can demonstrate what they can do without Bankai....which is perfect since for ppl who are supposed to be prodigies like Byakuya and Toshiro we certainly havent seen prodigious things from them in a long time

all in all it works for several reasons (that im sure many of you have named already)
    byakuya actually did prodigous things. in his new fighting style he does not need bankai, a handful of petals from his shikai is sufficient for him like he did with tsukishima

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Regardless of the reason, we should be happy at the chance that some new bankai will be appearing, instead of the ones we always see.
    especially since 4 have just been sealed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

"Ken-chan will save us!!. Yahoo!!".

-Yachiru's response to the sealing of Bankai and invasion of the Sternritter.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post
    byakuya actually did prodigous things. in his new fighting style he does not need bankai, a handful of petals from his shikai is sufficient for him like he did with tsukishima
    we'll see.....i mean its pretty clear that these enemies are FAR above what the fullbringers brought into the fight as enemies....in that situation he showed that he learnt to try new things (learnt something from Kenpachi's style), thats not necessarily amazing....

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member unusualangel's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

if there's one good thing about the captains losing their bankais, it's that we are about to witness new and interesting possibilities that will decide the outcome of this first round of battle.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

defiantly going to sort the men from the boys so to speak
    Spoiler show

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it doesn't matter whether byakuya's bankai is stolen and he gets crushed: in every fight of his,byakuya always is almost dead with that huge amount of blood he loses,yet he wins

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Shunsui's bankai will be next seeing as how he was already in shikai from the start of the fight which for him is rare. As far as the captains, they have plenty at their disposal, plus we've seen them fight without their bankai before. Now what I've never seen is toshiro using a bunch of kido and as a captain and prodigy, he should know a fairly decent amount. Byakuya will just use Danku to block all of the Quincies attacks although they'll probably absorb it. Soi fon will just fight the way she always fights using her shunko. If anyone is to die from the loss of their bankai, it'd probably be Komamura since we've never really seen anything else from him and his quickly becoming irrelevant as a captain. More than likely, the captains will either figure out someway to stop or limit the reishi absorbtion of the Quincies, or they'll figure out someway to poison the reishi they do absorb. Other than that, the only way to beat them would be just to be plain stronger than them...which we don't know yet because we haven't seen any of them really fight. For humans though (if that's what they are) they sure can take a lot of punishment as demonstrated by Kirge...so it should be interesting either way...
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    Don't understand why Byakuya would release his Bankai when Renji is right there. Byakuya's own Bankai is so much more verstaile and a bigger loss from being sealed/stolen.
    As he himself said , these are not enemies you can take down with only Shikai . That was a risk he had to take . Everyone who can do Bankai has to take this risk , after all there's a slight change they won't be able to steal it away , just how happened in Ichigo's case .

Yeah i know Ichigo is on a different lvl but it may be possible at least in Yamamoto's case . And well even the captains had a chance but i guess in the end it depends on the person who steals the Bankai Which makes me think the Quincy that are now facing each captain are stronger than them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Well atleast Quincies seem to be able to stand/walk in the air in SS, probably fight too, due to this page.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/493/16
    Most likely, it's a plothole I'd guess, since it's a good question indeed, and here he's standing in the air all fine all of a sudden.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner og1's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading some of fan translations of novel "Spirits are forever with you" I've came up with some crazy theory why they are stealing bankais other then make captains less dangerous.

It is possible they want to use all of the stolen bankais at the same time on Zaraki, 'couse the "only" way to take down and beat Zaraki is to finish him fast enough so he doesn't have time to adapt.
    Spoiler show
    I'm NOT sorry for my bad English.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clydu94's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by og1 View Post
    After reading some of fan translations of novel "Spirits are forever with you" I've came up with some crazy theory why they are stealing bankais other then make captains less dangerous.

It is possible they want to use all of the stolen bankais at the same time on Zaraki, 'couse the "only" way to take down and beat Zaraki is to finish him fast enough so he doesn't have time to adapt.
    Spoiler show
    You know this novel ain't canon, right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Well atleast Quincies seem to be able to stand/walk in the air in SS, probably fight too, due to this page.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/493/16
    Most likely, it's a plothole I'd guess, since it's a good question indeed, and here he's standing in the air all fine all of a sudden.
    Things just started and already saying that this is a plothole ? Wait a little that things are explained, man.

New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast