Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Well to sum it up, since the fight between Jiraiya and Pain the series degraded too much. Sasuke started as a good anti-hero and was transformed into a retard, the fights passed from ninja to basically 2 guys randomly throwing techniques at each other until one goes down, too many unexplained things while others were over exploited. And finally regarding the art, while the backgrounds (buildings and landscapes) improved a lot, the character design went the opposite direction, specially lately. Still let's see it through the end, and hey the world doesn't end with Naruto, loads of excellent manga is still out there to be read.

I see what you mean. The first Naruto series was more so about the Characters being able to develop techniques through a long period of training, and a lot of blood, sweat, and iron.

I'd say the second one is just based on who can do the pull the biggest jutsu out of their ass.

EXHIBIT A) Madara and his giant Susanoo'o.....how the hell did that get defeated by some stupid tree and timber...that of Hashirama...to think Madara would have any trouble with Hashirama seems impossible to me....and the fact that these two guys could just pull out 1 hit kill jutsu's out their asses just doesn't seem Naruto series' like to me....I mean even Kakashi has his limits...they should too.

EXHIBIT B) WHERE THE HELL IS SASUKE'S DARK SIDE'S GIANT SUSANOO'O? HAS KISHI FORGOTTEN HIS FAVORITE CHARACTER: SASUKE SHOULD HAVE THE MEANEST ARSENAL IN THE SERIES NEXT TO NARUTO?

EXHIBIT C) WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT STUPID KABUTO ARC? KABUTO WAS ABLE TO DO SO MUCH CRAP....HE HAD FULL SAGE MODE, SNAKE VERSION, AND YET THIS DUDE STILL LOST....WHAT A WAIST OF AN ARC.

- that is all.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole?

2) Who was your favorite character and why?

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year?

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest

We're all grown men here; and women.
    1. I've got two. The first is the entire Land of Waves arc which I still think to this day was the best arc of the entire manga. It was simply, gritty, and had great emotion and depth throughout.

The second is certainly Jiraiya's death and the introduction of Pain. It was not only the best death of the manga, but it gave us a villian who at the time (before Naruto turned into DBZ) seemed unbeatable.

2. My favorite character is certainly Kakashi. To me he is the best "ninja" of the manga, and has a lot of depth and life to him. He isn't superman and doesn't try to be yet always comes off as badass. Itachi would be a close second because I think he has the best story out of anyone in the manga.

3. I've always read a lot of different novels, comics and manga, so I can't really say I'd do anything differently if Naruto didn't exist. Would probably have just read more Marvel and DC comics and more FMA I guess.

4. Probably won't start on a new manga, but I've been reading the Song of Ice and Fire series so I'll keep that up.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apathism's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

EXHIBIT A) Madara and his giant Susanoo'o.....how the hell did that get defeated by some stupid tree and timber...that of Hashirama...to think Madara would have any trouble with Hashirama seems impossible to me....
    Ah, but you forget something!!! That happened back in Part 1, back when through hard work and dedication, a shinobi with less powerful techniques could beat a 'genius'!

In Part 2, yeah, Hashirama would probably have gotten messed up.

Kage-Baka No Jutsu!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by narutotheory

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?

1. Finally seeing the power of Madara Uchiha, and seeing Gaara become a great Kage.
    2. Sasuke Uchiha. Because he always does what he wants, when he wants, and don't care who likes it..... also his lightning element is beastly.
    3. I don't know... probably still trying to convince myself that DBZ was actually a good Manga.
    4.I don't know... I'm still wating for shippuden to come bact to the U.S.
    5. I ca't wait for Sasuke to get the Rinnengan(yes i'm about 95% sure he will), and what will be the cause.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

1) the greatest moments in Naruto have been some of the greatest battles which include
    sasuke vs danzo
    madara vs 5 kages
    tobi vs naruto
    uchia bros vs kabuto
    naruto vs pein
    sasuke vs bee
    sasuke vs itachi
    sasuke vs raikage
    sasuke vs deidara
    jaraiya vs pein
    naruto vs orochimaru
    2) My favourite characters are sasuke, kakashi, darui, itachi, nagato, tobi and madara

3) there are alot of other great manga besides naruto such as hxh, one piece, bleach and fairy tail

4) i will continue reading the manga i previously stated

5) the 4th shinobi war isnt as good as it should of been since a lot of battles were skipped

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- My favorite moment is Shikamaru blowing up Hidan...

- Deidara is my favorite... mainly because when I write fanfiction, I always make him badass and the 4th Tsuchikage... lol (he is the cause of my Sasuke dislike)

- Bleach.. I always made fun of it without actually knowing what it was all about...
    - Gantz...
    - Trigun..
    - Berserk..

I need something to fill in the void... Naruto is the only show I can rant about every scene and still comeback to read it... If it was written better, I'd probably lose interest, as I'd never get angry with it...

- Mirai Nikki
    - Liar Game
    - Green Blood
    - Hunter X Hunter
    - Toriko

Buddy... you don't have enough lifetimes to read everything I wanna say about the entire series as a whole...

But in summary, though I can rant on for days, I always look forward to the next chapter... (even though my stomach churns when Itachi is on the scene)

YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M GONNA RANT ANYWAY... WHY DOES EVERYONE SEEM TO FORGET THAT ITACHI COMMITED THE GENOCIDE OF HIS FAMILY... lol rant over...

wait one more rant...

I HOPE THE NARUTO FORUM NEVER CLOSES EVER...

and that is all I had to say... (kinda, not counting my extra long rants)
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

From Naruto:
    -Haku/Zabuza deaths.
    -Orochimaru fights sasuke for the first time.
    -Gaara appears.
    -Sasuke uses chidori against Gaara during chuunin exam.
    -Neji vs Kidomaru.
    -Kimimaro vs Lee.
    -Orochimaru uses Edo Tensei against Sarutobi.
    -Naruto vs Sasuke valley of end.

From Naruto Shippuuden:
    -Naruto, Sakura and Sai meet Sasuke again.
    -Gaara dies.
    -Sasuke vs Deidara.
    -Orochimaru fights the little Kyuubi.
    -Itachi touches Sasuke's forehead for the last time.
    -Jiraiya dies.
    -Naruto defeats Pain.
    -Naruto meets Kushina and Minato for the first time.
    -Madara appears.
    -Itachi's "I will always love you" moment

-Orochimaru. He was the first "genious", I mean a real genious, not someone with good genetics! Plus he is crazy and a very cool villain.

-Bleach

-Bleach Oh wait, i think Bleach also ends this year! Then... I will read Claymore :3

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest.
    -Just saying that this final arc really sucked at the begining, but now is getting interesting. Hope things get even hotter!
    Last edited by M3J; June 20, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joke of the Week in Reference to Itachi (Chap 590).

I saw a squirrel the other day walking on two legs while dressed in black..... I later found out that it had murdered a couple of other squirrels in an effort to take control of the Nutty Black Market.....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Like syx said, everything involving Itachi, but my top two moments of this manga were the two goodbyes he said to Sasuke as well as the whole chapters that these happened (402 and 590). Everything else is below.

My favourite character is definitely Itachi, and the reason can be seen in the aforementioned chapters. In short, I mainly like his love for his brother, his kindness, as it was clearly shown in chapter 590 (which is the total redemption of his character in my eyes), his modesty despite his immense power and his wisdom, displayed by almost everything he ever said. His power is just a nice add-on.

Berserk, Claymore, Zetman, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tower of God, etc. I don't think Naruto not being there would have any influence in what I would have read.

The above manga/manhwa.

Farewell, Itachi, Sasuke will always love you too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

1. For me, everything involving minato. But the most greatest moments for minato is when he kick tobi's ass while thinking tobi is madara himself.

2. Minato ofcourse. We haven't seen his all caliber and yet his rasengan and hiraisin alone can kill/trash anyone he fought.

3. Sun ken rock and ym.

4. fairy tail and one piece.

5. I want to know what kind of jutsu is " that jutsu " of minato. And his entire jutsus and the uzumaki's sealing jutsus he learned.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    and that is all I had to say... (kinda, not counting my extra long rants)

Hah I totally agree with you on the Hidan blowing up thing...that was probably the most epic thing, and the last actual "ninja" thing the Naruto Manga showed...then things just went downward after that and the jutsus were just watered down and what not.

---------- Post added June 25, 2012 at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    1. For me, everything involving minato. But the most greatest moments for minato is when he kick tobi's ass while thinking tobi is madara himself.

2. Minato ofcourse. We haven't seen his all caliber and yet his rasengan and hiraisin alone can kill/trash anyone he fought.

3. Sun ken rock and ym.

4. fairy tail and one piece.

5. I want to know what kind of jutsu is " that jutsu " of minato. And his entire jutsus and the uzumaki's sealing jutsus he learned.
    Ye I like when Minato kicks Tobi's ass too!

- This whole Tobi mystery has gone no where with me now...I mean I've seen under that guys mask from Avatar: The Legend of Korra...and surprises come as almost nothing to me now.

---------- Post added July 02, 2012 at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was June 25, 2012 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post

From Naruto:
    -Haku/Zabuza deaths.
    -Orochimaru fights sasuke for the first time.
    -Gaara appears.
    -Sasuke uses chidori against Gaara during chuunin exam.
    -Neji vs Kidomaru.
    -Kimimaro vs Lee.
    -Orochimaru uses Edo Tensei against Sarutobi.
    -Naruto vs Sasuke valley of end.

From Naruto Shippuuden:
    -Naruto, Sakura and Sai meet Sasuke again.
    -Gaara dies.
    -Sasuke vs Deidara.
    -Orochimaru fights the little Kyuubi.
    -Itachi touches Sasuke's forehead for the last time.
    -Jiraiya dies.
    -Naruto defeats Pain.
    -Naruto meets Kushina and Minato for the first time.
    -Madara appears.
    -Itachi's "I will always love you" moment

-Orochimaru. He was the first "genious", I mean a real genious, not someone with good genetics! Plus he is crazy and a very cool villain.

-Bleach

-Bleach Oh wait, i think Bleach also ends this year! Then... I will read Claymore :3

-Just saying that this final arc really sucked at the begining, but now is getting interesting. Hope things get even hotter!

I agree this arc really did suck at the beginning. Now that Madara is free, everything is about to get a lot more interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Favorite moments? From Part 1,Naruto vs Sasuke takes the cake. It had terrific build up that came to a head in the best way possible with an ending that was pretty surprising. In Part 2, I'd go with the deaths of most of the characters that died. The way Kishi gives insight on why they do what they do is just great, imo.

2) I generally enjoy most of the characters in this manga, sans Sakura. I don't really have a definite favorite at the moment. But I will say, I prefer the other villages to Konoha though.

3) Hmm, I don't know. Probably BLEACH and One Piece, still. Toriko would have taken
    Naruto's spot later down the line. There are others, but these are the big ones.

4) I highly doubt it is ending this year, but again, BLEACH, One Piece, and Toriko will be my new Big Three. I'll also check out Kishi's new manga whenever it comes out.

5) I really wish Part 2 better parts and resolutions. I wish Naruto had more techniques than Rasengan and Shadow Clone. I wish that whole Sakura and Naruto incident never happened. I wish Sasuke...I don't know, wasn't Sasuke. And I wish Itachi wasn't a miracle worker in his later appearances. I like Itachi and I know he failed at things, but he was just too perfect. I wish for some other stuff to, but I don't feel like typing them out.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned above. Naruto vs Sasuke Part 1 takes the cake.

Orochimaru. That guy made things interesting, and according to Naruto Manga Chapter 592
    Spoiler show
    OMG http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/96568663/1

- I'd probably just watch and read Bleach...I never really like that anime but it seems like a good time to get used to it if Naruto was never around.

- I Might take a chance at Bleach.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/96568663/1 - I'm totally missing Orochimaru right now!!!!!

(We're all grown men here; and women.)

Will edit this when I have some more time.

---------- Post added July 07, 2012 at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2012 at 05:39 AM ----------

I feel a little sorry for Sasuke...dude had a hard life.

---------- Post added July 09, 2012 at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was July 07, 2012 at 10:59 PM ----------

It would seem the Ninja World War Arc is at it's Climax.

Sasuke with the summoning of Orochimaru, and the scroll.

Madara deciding to go after the Kyuubi.

Tobi summoning an incomplete Juubi.

All hell is about to break loose.
    Last edited by narutotheory; July 07, 2012 at 11:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

The final match between Naruto and Pain, when Naruto used all his tricks and finally won out with his regular old rasengan. That was the high point in the series, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I really have one. If anyone, I'd say Naruto.

Probably nothing, it's what got me started reading manga.

I keep up on quite a few different series. I'd have to say my favorite is either Gintama or One Piece, though.

This series is really reminding me of DBZ because the powers are just getting so ridiculous. I think the early Naruto chapters were really good because it was more about strategy and story, and the characters were much more like *ninjas* rather than Super-Saiyan Gene-Splicing Super-Hero Wizards.

But it has still had its good moments along the way.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to interrupt you guys, but here's the latest (this week) Kishimoto sensei's interview...Which confirms that the manga is not ending soon!

378 名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい sage 2012/07/20(金) 12:36:51.03 ID: SUN9uLRs0
    -------絶賛盛り上り中の原作についてお聞かせ下さい。もう最終話までの道のり見えてるんでしょうか?

岸本
    まだがちがちには固めていませんが、どういう風に見せるのか、どうやって終わるのかはかなり明 確に決まっ
    てます
    あとはそこに向かって走って行くだけです

-------となるとラストまでのボリュームが気になります。

岸本
    いや、それが全然読めないんです(笑)予想していたよりも全然進んでいなくって。
    3年くらい前のJFでカカシ活躍させるよって言っておきながら
    まだそれも出来ていない状況
    正直、どれだけ掛かるのか、自分でも分かりません。
    アニメのキャラデザの西尾さんにも「いつまで続くんだ~」って言われ
    「もう1年半くらい」って答えましたが、どうやらもっと続きそうです

--------まだまだサプライズはあるとみていいんですか?

岸本
    いろいろありますよ。本来出てくるはずのないキャラがまだ出てきます
    そして………。まだまだナルトと一緒に盛り上って行きますので応援よろしくお願いしま

Rough translation:

"Let me ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Can we already see the end of the story on the horizon?"

KM: "Not everything is set in stone just yet... like for example, in what way I'm going to show it - but the way I'm going to end it has been decided pretty clearly. So from now on, it will just be a matter of running towards that point."

"...in that case, you have in mind even the very last volume."

KM:"No, you won't be able to read something like that. (laugh) The story really hasn't progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at JF, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga... and yet I still haven't been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don't know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue... and I answered 'About one year and a half'. But it seems like it will take longer than that."

"Can we be expecting any more surprises?"

KM: "There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren't going to appear will come up again. And then... well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support."

So, it will take longer than one year and a half for sure, but he doesn't really know how long. And he will write about Kakashi and more characters.
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; July 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

20. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast