Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

This interview confirms to me that Kishi is making the story along the way ... which is sad because there are several mistakes he creates along the way and thus makes some characters lookd bad and uninteresting
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

lol,I'm satisfied and not. I'm glad there are still things he has to adjust,but he should be more aware of his manga,imo. also,with "some characters will come up again" he surely meant oro

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    Don't want to interrupt you guys, but here's the latest Kishimoto sensei's interview...Which confirms that the manga is not ending soon!

378 名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい sage 2012/07/20(金) 12:36:51.03 ID: SUN9uLRs0
    -------絶賛盛り上り中の原作についてお聞かせ下さい。もう最終話までの道のり見えてるんでしょうか?

岸本
    まだがちがちには固めていませんが、どういう風に見せるのか、どうやって終わるのかはかなり明 確に決まっ
    てます
    あとはそこに向かって走って行くだけです

-------となるとラストまでのボリュームが気になります。

岸本
    いや、それが全然読めないんです(笑)予想していたよりも全然進んでいなくって。
    3年くらい前のJFでカカシ活躍させるよって言っておきながら
    まだそれも出来ていない状況
    正直、どれだけ掛かるのか、自分でも分かりません。
    アニメのキャラデザの西尾さんにも「いつまで続くんだ~」って言われ
    「もう1年半くらい」って答えましたが、どうやらもっと続きそうです

--------まだまだサプライズはあるとみていいんですか?

岸本
    いろいろありますよ。本来出てくるはずのないキャラがまだ出てきます
    そして………。まだまだナルトと一緒に盛り上って行きますので応援よろしくお願いしま

Rough translation:

"Let me ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Can we already see the end of the story on the horizon?"

KM: "Not everything is set in stone just yet... like for example, in what way I'm going to show it - but the way I'm going to end it has been decided pretty clearly. So from now on, it will just be a matter of running towards that point."

"...in that case, you have in mind even the very last volume."

KM:"No, you won't be able to read something like that. (laugh) The story really hasn't progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at JF, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga... and yet I still haven't been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don't know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue... and I answered 'About one year and a half'. But it seems like it will take longer than that."

"Can we be expecting any more surprises?"

KM: "There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren't going to appear will come up again. And then... well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support."

So, it will take longer than one year and a half for sure, but he doesn't really know how long. And he will write about Kakashi and more characters.

The date that this interview was given, I believe was about a year ago...ahahah..lol.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed,when did kishi release this interview? surely it was before orochimaru's come back,and maybe even before.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was posted on 2ch this wedsneday and apparently, it's part of the promotion for the movie, so it's very recent.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    The date that this interview was given, I believe was about a year ago...ahahah..lol.
    It's on 18th July 2012! =)

Kishimoto-sensei has a lot of interviews this week, because of the up-coming movies that has written and designed by himself.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the interviews should be taken seriously, as he's apparently shown to contradict his statements or not uphold what he's said.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think the interviews should be taken seriously, as he's apparently shown to contradict his statements or not uphold what he's said.
    As a mangaka I think many points have to changed due to the popular rate of characters and many more factors. However, Kishimoto sensei still holds on what he really wants to write, such as , going to give Kakashi more story. But due to the stretching of this war arc, the manga hasn't progressed like he thought/said, and that's also made most people don't trust his interviews.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's a viable excuse, though. He could have wrote this arc in a way that gave Kakashi more focus, while keeping Naruto's role hte same but way later. Although Kakahsi's a general, he could do a lot more in this war as being one of hte most intelligent shinobi throughout the Narutoverse. His knowledge of jutsu could help the Alliance by him teaching his division some useful jutsu. I dunno, Kakashi could have done a lot more.

And Kishi could have helped make this Sakura's year by NOT letting her get tricked by the Zetsu and saved by Naruto just to make Naruto look cool. He in my opinion started to redeem her by allowing her to spot the fake Zetsu and get intel, and then ruined her by lettin her get tricked. Although honestly, he still has a chance to make Kakashi and Sakura shine this year in the war, before the manga gets to an end.

Kakashi, Gai, and Naruto vs. Tobi and Gedo Mazou. Kakashi's knowledge and knowledge of jutsu would be the biggest asset here, though I'm not sure if Naruto or Gai could or would learn some of hte jutsu. But, he can use them to plan attacks to take down or hurt either enemies. Sakura's strength would also be useful against the Gedo Mazou, with its huge size. She was able to take out a Pain summoning with her strength, she could deal some damage to Gedo Mazou. And being small, it'd be harder to hit her, though she'd need evasion otherwise she might get stepped on.

Although I don't think the manga will end for another year, at the least, Kishi can seriously salvage Sakura and Kakashi, especially against Tobi and Gedo Mazou.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto sensei actually gave us the simple fact in this interview, as he said before as well...that is not all the details are set in stone,which is why some of his previous statements didn't come true. that doesn't mean that major plot points have changed. while kakashi year hasn't yet come, its obvious that something is there between him and tobi...so at some point, kakashi will get in the focus. kishimoto sensei merely expected that to happen a lot earlier....but i guess he found out,as he progressed that its better to leave that point for later.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That interview is actually kinda old word for word I've read it before wish it wasn't late I'd look for some reliable sources but yea, if this didn't come out late last year it was definitely earlier in the year. Not that it means much but when I read interviews from mangaka that I've been following for 8 years you remember stupid things like that.

Regardless recent or not the story is on its climax. I don't see how kishimoto plans to fit all these plot holes and characters forgotten thru the story. For instance Kakashi and his character. Is the current plot atm where he plans on doing this soon in the next ten to twenty chapters? Or will we get another run around? Only time will tell. I'll be shocked if this war lasted until late 2013 though.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    That interview is actually kinda old word for word I've read it before wish it wasn't late I'd look for some reliable sources but yea, if this didn't come out late last year it was definitely earlier in the year. Not that it means much but when I read interviews from mangaka that I've been following for 8 years you remember stupid things like that.

Regardless recent or not the story is on its climax. I don't see how kishimoto plans to fit all these plot holes and characters forgotten thru the story. For instance Kakashi and his character. Is the current plot atm where he plans on doing this soon in the next ten to twenty chapters? Or will we get another run around? Only time will tell. I'll be shocked if this war lasted until late 2013 though.
    That's this week interview, which I've got confirmations from my Japanese friends, and Kishimoto sensei is going to have a LOT of interviews this weeks due to the up-coming movie and Naruto is rising towards its climax for the current story.

Well, I think this war will be the last arc of Naruto Part II to show Konoha 11 fights at last, before some new twists and characters/villains appeared (at least, Orochimaru teamed up with Taka already, but he doesn't interest in this war.) and then starts Part III with Kakashi as the sixth hokage, unless the manga will just seems too stretching and too much non-stop fights, switching between scenes without any character developments/growths at all, which it's been really awful IMO. Really, I think Tsunade will die in this war and Sakura will have another training, which it seems Sasuke is going to get some, too, or he won't stand a chance against Naruto God-like power atm.

I might be the few who still believes that Kishimoto sensei will eventually get his signature of heart-warming friendships, character developments, missions back on track like when he was writing Naruto part I and the early Part II, which made me love Naruto manga. Really I love the bath scenes in the latest one shot more than this awful war arc that should have end soon. And I think he could fix it in another part, so he could have more time to make story more interesting like it was before, fill plot holes and reveals things he always wanted to but never find a good timing, such as Sakura parents, etc.

LOL I might have to much hopes, but there're many possibility for Part III IMO.

@ M3J kun

He once said that his new editor also affects his writing, too. I'm not sure how much, but it's enough to make him unable to write what he intended to (such as Kakashi) for past three years. It's simple thing for me to see any editors/marketing department stretching/deleting/adding things to the literary work though, which I never like it at all.
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; July 22, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When he said Naruto has a year and a half or possibly more, did he mean the manga or the anime?

Because the manga is really wrapping up now. I can't see it going on for more than a year. We're in the middle of Tobi's fight and Sasuke seems like he's making final preparations. Naruto is probably the most powerful character in the series probably only slightly behind Madara and Hashirama.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

with the sentence "old characters whom I didn't think to make appear again,but whom I will" ,kishi is probably talking about jiraiya and shisui,who were said impossible to find out.also,kushina,sakumo,obito,rin and danzo may appear as well.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Codejunky View Post
    When he said Naruto has a year and a half or possibly more, did he mean the manga or the anime?

Because the manga is really wrapping up now. I can't see it going on for more than a year. We're in the middle of Tobi's fight and Sasuke seems like he's making final preparations. Naruto is probably the most powerful character in the series probably only slightly behind Madara and Hashirama.
    He meant the manga.

Yes, the manga is really wrapping up now, that's one of the reasons why I think we might see another time-skip, Minato's Gaiden, then Naruto Part III. I don't think Sasuke team will involve in this war, at least Orochimaru has stated that he wouldn't. Naruto is powerful but he lacks of fighting style, strategy/brain and experience. Even the five kages team could barely fight Madara, but I believe that one of the kages will die. Who knows, maybe Yamato might have a power up somehow to fight Madara, if he didn't dit of course.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Hi everyone!

I want to make a public apologize to the owner of this thread, narutotheory-kun.

I didn't really mean to ruin or change the track of his thread, but I was just so excited about the interview and I want to share with you guys.

I'm really sorry, narutotheory-kun.

So now, everyone, let's just get back on track!

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast