Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Now that i think about it i am sad that naruto is about to end...
    maybe its because ionly started reading about two years ago, but i have grown attached to this manga
    wednesdays are more exciting to me than the weekends!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ryonix's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole?
    There would be a lot, but for me it's going to be Obito's reveal as Tobi. I was one of those people that believed ever since that Tobi could possibly be Obito. It finally made all those years of defending my theory worth it.

2) Who was your favorite character and why?
    Obito was and still is my favorite character. Ever since I have read and watched Kakashi Gaiden, there was just something about him that got to me. And maybe because he was the character I can relate to the most. (He was friendzoned, came from an elite family but wasn't the very skilled among them, believed in teamwork over anything else)

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?
    Any other shounen manga, or Prince Of Tennis.

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year?
    Shin Prince Of Tennis. Yep.

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest.

Don't hate.
    Stop saying you'll drop Naruto just because Kishi revealed that Tobi is Obito.
    Because whatever happens, you know you couldn't, and you wouldn't.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonix View Post
    Don't hate.
    We ''hate'' because if tobi is plain obito it doesn't make sense at all, and what about the timeline? and all the other reasons we have been discussing over and over again?
    You may want to check this out:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ldn-t-be-Obito
    Last edited by Krina29; September 07, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonix View Post
    There would be a lot, but for me it's going to be Obito's reveal as Tobi. I was one of those people that believed ever since that Tobi could possibly be Obito. It finally made all those years of defending my theory worth it.

Obito was and still is my favorite character. Ever since I have read and watched Kakashi Gaiden, there was just something about him that got to me. And maybe because he was the character I can relate to the most. (He was friendzoned, came from an elite family but wasn't the very skilled among them, believed in teamwork over anything else)

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?
    Any other shounen manga, or Prince Of Tennis.

Shin Prince Of Tennis. Yep.

Don't hate.
    Because whatever happens, you know you couldn't, and you wouldn't.

Cool bro.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The greatest moments in Naruto have mostly been either emotional ones, or analytical feats during intense battles. Itachi's selfless adoration for Sasuke, and the whole reveal had me in tears. Konoha's skewed policies blowing up in their faces with Pein on their doorstep and now the resulting Madara assault. Sasuke taking on Bee, failing and improvising by breaking down Bee's patterns to take him on, and finally coming on top. His fights are always a treat to watch. In fact, all of Sasuke's fights and his quick-silver thinking is what makes him truly an ideal shinobi.

Sasuke has been, and will always be my favourite. As some one who grew up reading books, Sasuke is the most human character in the entire manga. All his past experiences have shaped him into what he is today. People believe in democracy in today's day and age, but I believe in the nobility of clan honour and the preservation of that honour. Vengeance and hatred are two powerful driving forces in humanity. Even if one doesn't act on the former, it'll still prick his senses.

He is extremely well-written, is at fault at times, learns from his battle mistakes by thinking tactically. He is a versatile and quick-thinking warrior and his entire existence revolves around his desire to free his clans name. That alone topples anything in the manga for me. A terrific character through and through.

Probably bleach, even though the way it took a slump left me in a drooling mess.

Nothing. I'll spend more time gaming.

Patriotism. It's grossly in my face in this manga. The hypocrisy of the writer just stuns me to no end how he paints black and white at whim. Mist and rock villages committed acts of terrorism and killed countless in the process to rein supreme, but, they are holier than thou now for their nationalistic 'save the world cause'. Gaara brutally dispatched people on whim, but Mizukage refereed to him as an angel and a human being with a saintly soul during the kage summit. It churned my stomach how his past sins are ignored for such a purpose, which is just extreme jingoism in disguise. This lop-sided flip-flopping just sickens me.

And I understand Naruto is the hero, but does he have to be so 'unicorn-y' in his attitude?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan
    Patriotism. It's grossly in my face in this manga. The hypocrisy of the writer just stuns me to no end how he paints black and white at whim. Mist and rock villages committed acts of terrorism and killed countless in the process to rein supreme, but, they are holier than thou now for their nationalistic 'save the world cause'. Gaara brutally dispatched people on whim, but Mizukage refereed to him as an angel and a human being with a saintly soul during the kage summit. It churned my stomach how his past sins are ignored for such a purpose, which is just extreme jingoism in disguise. This lop-sided flip-flopping just sickens me.
    Maybe that's just how humanity works in general? There is no "always evil" or "always good". Even someone good can commit acts of "evil".
    It's not the best result, but do you really think it's that far from reality?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Something you left unconsidered is the sole fact that they're living in a ninja world. Every kage killed tons of people on his way to the top. Assassinations and such should be no big deal. It's strange and Kishimoto doesn't always follow the rules of his own world, but that's what it is.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Maybe that's just how humanity works in general? There is no "always evil" or "always good". Even someone good can commit acts of "evil".
    It's not the best result, but do you really think it's that far from reality?
    That's not my point. This manga is read by people, and given the fact it's still shonen, a lot of kids might pick up non-sense from this as everything shapes a child's personality. And while good and evil are arbitrary terms, there is still a stark difference between them. Someone who slaughters people to get to the top is in no way a decent man.

Again, I never said it is far from reality, but the whole 'holy light shining down' on them as the manga is portraying is what makes me sick. Leave their tainted personalities be and paint them in that light. All of them are a bunch of terrorists and criminals. Why portray them with dialogues that take away their past crimes?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    Something you left unconsidered is the sole fact that they're living in a ninja world. Every kage killed tons of people on his way to the top. Assassinations and such should be no big deal. It's strange and Kishimoto doesn't always follow the rules of his own world, but that's what it is.
    That is also true, but again, it's the light in which they are portrayed bothers me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Naruto does have some questionable morals going on, and it could affect kids. Then again, that goes for a lot of movies and videogames. Not a good thing.
    Also, you have kids being trained for war, and at some times becoming ready for war before their pubic hair even starts growing. Like Itachi or Kakashi.

I don't think all of them are terrorists, could you perhaps give some examples? I'm curious.

But yea, Tsuchikage did admit after all that the ninja world is a hateful one. Same as Jiraiya.

I actually didn't like the scene in Raikage and Bee's flashback, when they double-lariated some Stone-ninja. It just felt unnecessary to finish off one last ninja.
    Last edited by Notak; September 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I agree that Naruto does have some questionable morals going on, and it could affect kids. Then again, that goes for a lot of movies and videogames. Not a good thing.
    Also, you have kids being trained for war, and at some times becoming ready for war before their pubic hair even starts growing. Like Itachi or Kakashi.

I don't think all of them are terrorists, could you perhaps give some examples? I'm curious.

But yea, Tsuchikage did admit after all that the ninja world is a hateful one. Same as Jiraiya.

I actually didn't like the scene in Raikage and Bee's flashback, when they double-lariated some Stone-ninja. It just felt unnecessary to finish off one last ninja.
    The manga obviously draws its inspiration from actual ninjas. It's a known fact that in those times 13 - 14 year old boys were not considered kids. They had ample education by that time, and a lot of boys - if one is to apply the warrior or army scenario here - were skilled enough to be requited in army. Heck, 15 was a marriageable age, as by that time a boy was considered a man, apt enough to bear the burden of his own family. So I don't think the whole kids thing works in Naruto.

Mist and rock villages used akatsuki to commit acts of terrorism. Both the kages accepted this during the summit. Danzo killed Yahiko and sought help from Orochimaru after some uchiha grave robbing. When he was an S class criminal. Just a few examples at the back of my head.

Yeah and this grossly portrayed morals are not a good thing.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5