Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.76%
  • 2 (Average)

3 2.27%
  • 3 (Good)

18 13.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 44.70%
  • 5 (Epic)

50 37.88%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.76%
New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 671 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 671 Discussion/ 672 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break next week T_T ~

Okay I think most of you know the book Eragon, I don`t really like it but never the less I read it!

Now to my Opinion of Kings Haki.
    Could it be that every Person in OP World has his own little secret part in his soul or Body just he knows, maiby not even knowingly, but it is just there (like the Name thing in Eragon)
    And if you acquire the knowledge about that spirit you can just take that person out everytime you want.
    That could also be the reason because most likely just fodder pass out through most of kings Haki usage, because they just can not rescue this part from the overwhelming power.

So it could be that this mystirious guy just somehow got that knowledge over law from his younger days and can now take him down whenever he wants !

I know some kind of lame theory, but for me its still not understandable why Law suddenly goes down spitting blood !

That whole thing would also clearify why the one who gets to know everything and finds "one piece" and learns to hear everythings voice, could also posses everyones hidden soul part and therefor beat everyone!! :-)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 671 Discussion/ 672 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break next week T_T ~

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
    luffy was taken out by use of sleeping gas mostly due to saliva pouring out
    i truly hope the mysterious character is joker himself may be he realised they r too tough to taken out by cc alone.
    luffy was definitively defeated by the gas,which is obviously different from poison. some weeks ago there were some nice theories about the gas gas being able to create chemical poison,stronger than magellan's and impossible to counter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That looked an awful lot like very powerful Haoshoku Haki. That's the only attack I can think of that could have caused that reaction. If so, it must be someone truly fearsome. Law withstood Rayleigh's haki at the Sabaody Auction House.
    Seems weird that CoC could affect a high-mid-tier character like Law that easily. We've only seen CoC make people go unconscious, spitting blood would be a new technique and doesn't fit Rayleighs description of it: "The ability to overpower the opponent's will." But maybe that's the way he was able to deactivate the bomb-cuffs at the auction house.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post
    Okay I think most of you know the book Eragon, I don`t really like it but never the less I read it!

Could it be that every Person in OP World has his own little secret part in his soul or Body just he knows, maiby not even knowingly, but it is just there (like the Name thing in Eragon)
    And if you acquire the knowledge about that spirit you can just take that person out everytime you want.
    That could also be the reason because most likely just fodder pass out through most of kings Haki usage, because they just can not rescue this part from the overwhelming power.

So it could be that this mystirious guy just somehow got that knowledge over law from his younger days and can now take him down whenever he wants !

I know some kind of lame theory, but for me its still not understandable why Law suddenly goes down spitting blood !

That whole thing would also clearify why the one who gets to know everything and finds "one piece" and learns to hear everythings voice, could also posses everyones hidden soul part and therefor beat everyone!! :-)
    I have also read Eragon, and it's a little kids story told by a teenager, and while initially (the 1st book) it was interesting in the sense that taking into acount Paolini's age, it was still a fun book. Overall Paolini was able to came up with interesting stuff (mainly regarding the elves) but overall the story is kids stuff, most of all the last book.

Anyway back to One Piece, I really hope Kishi doesn't introduce anything even looking close to something like that name/soul thing, I don't think he will, as it would imo ruin this great manga.

But that idea doesn't fit at all in the concept of Haki. Haki is basically Will, strong Will, only individuals with very strong Will have Kings Will, the weak willed faint in front of such people when they let their Will out (when controlled the concept becomes more like Ki) they can make those weak willed faint.

Now Law is not such individual, even before timeskip he could "survive" a burst of Kings Haki from Rayleigh. Now his Haki is certainly even stronger and more under his control. So it's very unlikely that what happened to him is related to Kings Haki, it's really a mystery though. It can be related to that guy's DF, he might also be a doctor like Law for example and have place something inside of him. Maybe he has Law's heart somehow is another possibility.

As for who that guy is, I think it is a new character, but a very important one Yonkou/Admiral level, because to do something like that to Law he either has a very specific advantage towards him or he has to be "that" strong.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with those saying that the new guy has got law's heart and is using that to hurt him somehow...it makes better sense to me than the colour of the conqueror haki based on the explanation of it in the one piece blue deep databook...law clutching his chest where his heart would be before going down is the basis for this theory...as for luffy..making assumption from the little drool on that panel right before he collapses i would posit that the gas that took him down was kyp gas similar to that used by the yeti cool bros....
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    One more mentions to unrelated media and I'll take the big guns: Namely, accusing you with the admins :O
    But seriously, there is a forum for general discussion. Go there for that.
    Last edited by Uriel; June 14, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post

Not your theory, Haki is already explained. Haki is innate in everyone, as Daniel said, it is an expression of will power and inner strength. Not everyone awakens the ability to use haki, or even notice it. Even fewer can use it innately, or accidentally, like Luffy before he trained with Rayleigh. Most are like Sanji or Zoro, they are taught how to use it. Ability to use haki alone does not mean a character is strong, it just means they were taught how. Only a select few can use conqueror's haki, they are generally very strong characters. It is not innate to everyone and can not simply be unlocked. Either you have it, or you don't.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Haki One Piece wikia is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Seems weird that CoC could affect a high-mid-tier character like Law that easily. We've only seen CoC make people go unconscious, spitting blood would be a new technique and doesn't fit Rayleighs description of it: "The ability to overpower the opponent's will." But maybe that's the way he was able to deactivate the bomb-cuffs at the auction house.
    It could also have been Busoshoku Haki, used to target an organ or attack muscles. My first thought was conqueror's haki because of Law's expression, and how he was brought to his knees. It seems as though his will was overwhelmed, rather than a physical attack. Law could remain conscious, and not foaming at the mouth, through sheer force of will. Until now we have mostly seen conquerors haki used effectively against weaker characters, characters of Law's level have usually been left unaffected. Haki is the only thing I can think of to explain how Law was incapacitated from such a distance. To knock Law out so easily, I am thinking this is a character far stronger than we have seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Anyway back to One Piece, I really hope Kishi doesn't introduce anything even looking close to something like that name/soul thing, I don't think he will, as it would imo ruin this great manga.
    No

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It could also have been Busoshoku Haki, used to target an organ or attack muscles. My first thought was conqueror's haki because of Law's expression, and how he was brought to his knees. It seems as though his will was overwhelmed, rather than a physical attack. Law could remain conscious, and not foaming at the mouth, through sheer force of will. Until now we have mostly seen conquerors haki used effectively against weaker characters, characters of Law's level have usually been left unaffected. Haki is the only thing I can think of to explain how Law was incapacitated from such a distance. To knock Law out so easily, I am thinking this is a character far stronger than we have seen before.
    I actually like the idea of it being Haoshoku Haki somehow, even as you said we've only seen it so far used to knock out weaklings. It would be good also because Haoshoku is the most rare type, so it's uses should be more than just make fodder faint. If Kenbunshoku and Busoshoku can be used for so many things, so should Haoshoku be. Still to do such a thing to a person like Law, that guy must be really baddass.

Quote Quote:
    No
    Geez poor Oda, that I would make a mistake like that! NOOO

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, nice chapter. My only disappointment is that is does not seem like ceasar himself is very strong. As we saw the guy has a dangerous ability however luffy showed he could hurt him easily and was actually fast enough that this guy could not see him. Ultimately he is much like hodi, a weak enemy which for plot reasons will be tough. And even now, the reason ceasar survived is that luffy got cocky and went in and sucked a bunch of unknown stuff in. Luffy is still reckless.

It is interesting that luffy was affected by his gas though. Perhaps it is not actually poison itself, maybe the effect was different from poison thus luffy will be fine within the short term and it had that effect on him.

The part about haki was somewhat interesting. It allows for contact while at the same time it cannot steal abilities. The key difference between sea stone and haki basically. Luffy can grab ceasar and any logia in their intangible forms but he cannot by any means stop them from being of that particular element. I think that after this arc we will see most of the strawhats attempt to learn haki and perhaps implement it in battle in the mid term. After all, haki is a generic ability and the idea that anyone without haki can't even fight a logia in the new world (where according to pekoms its not even a big deal to be a logia) means anyone outside the monster trio does not even make it to worthless or even cannon fodder in the strawhat crew.

As for the law bit, it seems he is there on a mission rather than anything else. We saw he grabbed hold of his heart before falling to the ground. This is probably already being discussed to a great extent but the most likely scenario here is that law was forced by this guy to give him his heart. As for the identity of the guy who just appeared, I would argue it is aokiji. Tall, he seems to dress similarly and I don't quite put it past him to manipulate people for the sake of his lazy justice.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It doesn't Haoshoku at all. We've seen two powerhouses using it and it didn't have the same effect as what happened to Law at all. Law was holding his heart and coughing blood, even Shanks didn't manage to make such a thing on " weaklings " if it is really Haoshoku. And I doubt there's anyone stronger out there than Shanks, or at least having a Haoshoku " that strong " to make someone cough blood.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It doesn't Haoshoku at all. We've seen two powerhouses using it and it didn't have the same effect as what happened to Law at all. Law was holding his heart and coughing blood, even Shanks didn't manage to make such a thing on " weaklings " if it is really Haoshoku. And I doubt there's anyone stronger out there than Shanks, or at least having a Haoshoku " that strong " to make someone cough blood.
    We can't be sure actually. Like we saw so far, Busoshoku for example, can be used in many different ways, according to the users will and ability. Busoshoku Koka is an example of that. We've seen already 2 ways to use Haoshoku in fact. The first and most common is to over power the will of weaklings and make them faint. Another is to intimidate animals like Luffy did to that sea monster in FI. Just because Shanks and Rayleigh were only seen using the Haoshoku in the most common way (actually Shanks used the 2nd one at the beggining of the series), it doesn't mean it's the only way, Haki is still a concept that was not fully explained in such details. So what this guy did to Law can be a variant use of Haoshoku. But it can also be from having Law's heart, or from his DF or something else. But Haoshoku is not excluded.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Honnestly the use of such a cliffhanger has few interest for the introduction of a new character. Did Oda ever use the shadow figure on unintroduced guys ? I don't have any in mind yet
    Duval?

I mean we already knew what he looked like, but then Luffy saw him w/o his mask first and we had a similar "who is this guy" moment:
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2600-...apter-493.html

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not Haoshoku IMHO. The only thing in common seems to be the pressure under some presence, but that alone is not a hint since there should be something else able to work that out.
    Interesting about that ability is that affects a certain person alone, since Monet isn't affected by it. So it's focused rather than AoE.

As I see it, it's something implanted on Law reason why He became a "Doctor". Most likely the thing inserted is made of seastone or something weird like that to avoid being removed. Maybe we're talking about chips :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think Law's defeat is simple to explain. It's related to the 'problem he has' he spoke about in chapter 669, so I don't think it is related to Haki. Only those who know this weakness are able to defeat him easily and this guy seems to know him pretty well.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wing_gundam View Post
    Duval?

I mean we already knew what he looked like, but then Luffy saw him w/o his mask first and we had a similar "who is this guy" moment:
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2600-...apter-493.html
    Duval doesn't really count since there was a reason to hide his real appearance, that's not really the case here (in case it is a new character).
    Last edited by k-dom; June 14, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't personally believe anyone in the entire OP universe could make someone as powerful as Law bleed from use of haki. I doubt it's even possible to do anything besides intimidate or make faint, but even so drawing blood would be even harder right? If Shanks can't make some of WB's captains faint, then who could make someone with a 440 million berri who is also a Shichibukai bleed? If someone this powerful did exist, why are they here instead of near the end of the NW? I'll stick to the heart or implant theories.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast