Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!!

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.76%
  • 2 (Average)

3 2.27%
  • 3 (Good)

18 13.64%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 44.70%
  • 5 (Epic)

50 37.88%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.76%
New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: One Piece 671 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 671 Discussion/ 672 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    That is ridiculous. That is precisely the motivation of Jimbei and Hancock if I remember correctly. Each pirate has his or her own motivation. Perfect example is what happened at Marineford. Squard betrayed WB because of an ultimatum from Akainu. Any pirate would and could trade fugitive status given the proper motivation. Even Roger eventually turned himself in. If Kuma accepted a leash than any of the pirate would. Its very simple.

You all will be proven wrong very shortly. Being a shishibukai isn't freedom. Its a job. The Marine just agree to not arrest you in exchange for you beating lower pirate crews/Yonkou.
    Well that is your opinion and i said IMO i don't see that being the case . There's no way pirates will accept willingly to commit to everything WG wants . Proof of that was when the war against WB took place . Everyone from the Navy was surprised that pirates such as Mihwak or Hancock accepted the summoning of WG . They were free to do as they please and now , 2y after that it's the same . Of course they can be asked to do a certain thing in the name of WG as you said but that is by choice . They are free not to do a thing WG says , after all they can just quit being Shichibukai just like Jimbei or BB .
    And we saw that WG was afraid of the loss of power in this Shichibukai area so let me have my doubts on this theory of yours

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mische's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said that there will still be Shichibukai taking that position out of their free will. I was talking about the WG leaving them no choice.
    There are a lot of possible ways to force them (imprison his crew or use personal weaknesses...) not just the heart theory.
    They could for example have a certain force that "recruits" strong pirates at the Entrance to the NW. That has been the power source of all the Yonkou after all. It would only be smart for the WG(+marines) to use them for their own good...

The stronger and more experienced ones like Mihawk etc. might still be accepted. A new, weaker (or lets say less experienced) generation could as well be forced to work under that title.
    Last edited by Mische; June 26, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    That is ridiculous. That is precisely the motivation of Jimbei and Hancock if I remember correctly. Each pirate has his or her own motivation. Perfect example is what happened at Marineford. Squadro betrayed WB because of an ultimatum from Akainu. Any pirate would and could trade fugitive status given the proper motivation. Even Roger eventually turned himself in. If Kuma accepted a leash than any of the pirate would. Its very simple.

You all will be proven wrong very shortly. Being a shichibukai isn't freedom. Its a job. The Marine just agree to not arrest you in exchange for you beating lower pirate crews/Yonkou.
    Well Jimbei and Hancock were offered to join, and joining would only benefit them. Jimbei immediately renounced being a Shichibukai when he was supposed to fight against WB because of it, and just how much has Hancock helped Luffy! Squadro was tricked. Roger was dying when he turned himself in. So these aren't the cases which would validate Shichibukai on a leash here.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So My guess is the guy Law encountered was the yonkou he's after. If I'm not mistaken it would be the only one we haven't seen yet.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24