Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current Favorite Choreography

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Current Favorite Choreography

Spoiler show

So i was thinking a topic for choreography for artists was nowhere to be seen.
    So what is your current choreography.

This is one of mine

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current favorite choreography

Cool thread! Thank you for creating it!

Here are some of my favorite choreographies:

AAA / BLOOD on FIRE

에프엑스_HOT SUMMER

I love the choreography in that ^ video! It is girly, sexy, cool and fun!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 10, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Totinona's Avatar
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of choreography I like but one of the first I really liked was SHINees' "Noona You're so pretty"

Their song "Lucifer"s dance is really cool too. *_*

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting those vid, Totinona! Those choreographies are pretty cool!

Another choreography that I like is Super Junior’s “Sorry, Sorry”. Those guys are not only very cute but pretty good dancers as well.

---------- Post added June 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

Another addition to my favorite choreographies :

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by The_kid; June 26, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL~

Gangnam Style is amazingly popular. I think it's because of how... open(?) the choreography is. Sometimes when you watch the original music video it is probably a bit suggestive, but in all those craziness people love it so much. Even here there are lots of flash mobs done using Gangnam Style as the moves. I don't specifically like the choreography; not really for my taste, lol, but it's fresh and funny (despite some suggestive moves maybe).

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I read an interview where Psy said that he was trying to act uncool by acting cool. The choreography definitely fits: I don't know how horseback riding has anything to do with the Gangnam lifestyle, but that's probably deliberate.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I read an interview where Psy said that he was trying to act uncool by acting cool. The choreography definitely fits: I don't know how horseback riding has anything to do with the Gangnam lifestyle, but that's probably deliberate.
    Honestly speaking I don't even know what "Gangnam Style" actually means. From what you mentioned it seems to be something came from a certain people's lifestyle, but it didn't really hit me that way. Probably because I didn't watch it a lot after all. But I guess he did leave an impression of being an uncool person through actions he thought would be cool throughout the video. Just... sometimes makes you go "eww" but still laughing. XD

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't specifically like the choreography; not really for my taste, lol, but it's fresh and funny (despite some suggestive moves maybe).
    Just like you, it is not that I specifically like the choreography. I don’t think the moves are extraordinary or that the choreography is really cool, it’s more the fact that I find really interesting how popular it is. I don’t really know why it is popular, maybe because it is quite suggestive, but the point is that even if you are fan or not, and even if it is just a couple of moves, you can’t help but move like that when you listen to that song.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly speaking I don't even know what "Gangnam Style" actually means. From what you mentioned it seems to be something came from a certain people's lifestyle, but it didn't really hit me that way. Probably because I didn't watch it a lot after all. But I guess he did leave an impression of being an uncool person through actions he thought would be cool throughout the video. Just... sometimes makes you go "eww" but still laughing. XD
    Gangnam is a district in Seoul where "the ladies act proper during the day but act wild at night". :P Believe it or not, there's actually a deeper social commentary going on in the song but I don't know much about it.

Going "eww" and laughing at the same time is how I reacted to certain parts too. I wonder if it's because we're not familiar with PSY's sense of humor- he does have a discography apart from "Gangnam Style" after all. Maybe his fans or people that knew him before think it's no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Just like you, it is not that I specifically like the choreography. I don’t think the moves are extraordinary or that the choreography is really cool, it’s more the fact that I find really interesting how popular it is. I don’t really know why it is popular, maybe because it is quite suggestive, but the point is that even if you are fan or not, and even if it is just a couple of moves, you can’t help but move like that when you listen to that song.
    I think it's popular because of just how daring the choreography is. You don't see these in Western music videos so it most likely caught on because it was different. Even in humour-based music videos such as LMFAO's songs, there's still a dance move that has specific steps to the rhythm; Gangnam Style goes beyond that and breaks the rules.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gangnam is a district in Seoul where "the ladies act proper during the day but act wild at night". :P Believe it or not, there's actually a deeper social commentary going on in the song but I don't know much about it.

Going "eww" and laughing at the same time is how I reacted to certain parts too. I wonder if it's because we're not familiar with PSY's sense of humor- he does have a discography apart from "Gangnam Style" after all. Maybe his fans or people that knew him before think it's no big deal?
    Wow, nice, I didn't know that, LOL~ Before I listened to Gangnam Style, I didn't know PSY at all. Probably those who listen to Korean songs more often know him already, but not for me, haha~ XD

I think it's popular because of just how daring the choreography is. You don't see these in Western music videos so it most likely caught on because it was different. Even in humour-based music videos such as LMFAO's songs, there's still a dance move that has specific steps to the rhythm; Gangnam Style goes beyond that and breaks the rules.
    Hard to tell as well. I'm not a fan of music videos honestly speaking, so I don't check MVs so often. There is something different in Asian MVs compared to Western even though both involve music and dance. There is something in Korean's choreography especially which you can tell that it's different, and I think Gangnam Style has that trait too but in a higher level to catch everyone's eye. XDD

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how much we're talking about a single music video!

Wow, nice, I didn't know that, LOL~ Before I listened to Gangnam Style, I didn't know PSY at all. Probably those who listen to Korean songs more often know him already, but not for me, haha~ XD
    Let's hope that PSY's popularity will open the doors for more K-Pop (or any Asian artists) in the future. I know that Girls Generation and BoA tried to make a name for themselves in the US, but the American market is extremely hard to break into.

Quote Quote:
    Hard to tell as well. I'm not a fan of music videos honestly speaking, so I don't check MVs so often. There is something different in Asian MVs compared to Western even though both involve music and dance. There is something in Korean's choreography especially which you can tell that it's different, and I think Gangnam Style has that trait too but in a higher level to catch everyone's eye. XDD
    I agree. I'm not trying to harp on Western MVs, but their videos lack something (a certain "oomph" so to speak) in comparison.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how much we're talking about a single music video!
    Such is the power of Gangnam Style.

Let's hope that PSY's popularity will open the doors for more K-Pop (or any Asian artists) in the future. I know that Girls Generation and BoA tried to make a name for themselves in the US, but the American market is extremely hard to break into.
    But it does seem like Asian culture -- Korean in particular, since they are so.. hyped up to promote it -- is getting more known at Western countries, right? At least girlbands like SNSD and boybands like BIG BANG are more recognized there, even getting awards. Although as far as I can tell (not that I'm very updated of it so I can be wrong) that it is not because of the choreography like in case of Gangnam Style, but more the music itself. ^^;

Replied to your comment here. - Asarii
    Last edited by Asarii; October 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast