Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 367 Discussion/368 Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Gantz 367 Discussion/368 Prediction Thread

RAW is out, get it here
    Last edited by GAT-X252; July 04, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 367 Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

I'll be looking forward to a scan sooner or later. From what it looks like, they are going to set up the final battle or mission or whatever it's going to be. KIKUCHI?! Interesting to seeing he's back and he's helping hosting this gathering here. Hopefully we can start reviving people again with all the gantz balls and technology we got.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 367 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Hm. I don't like how the author is handling everything. It seems everything that happen was conveniently fixed. I don't know why he develops stories that have no purpose at all. Why make it seem like the Giants are demonizing the gantzers and tricking the humans when it changed or added nothing to the manga. There was no consequence to it all.

Anyway, it's hard to get excited about all this final battle with the giants thing. I was hoping this catastrophe was going to be linked to all of the previous stuff in the manga before we started to head towards the conclusion.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha Oku is such a troll , so every Gantz Guy will be teleported to this point ? Poor Kei 1 , again seperated from Tae XDDDD And Nishi could survive now .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this kind of changes everything... there's only ONE mothership.

And the US gantzers spotted it and inflitrated it before the Japanese did? And so everyone all over the world has been on the mothership the whole time? And are these fuckers gonna save Nishi already? Is he gonna flip his shit when he sees Kei2?

WTF is going on right now? At least now it makes sense that the giants would flee. It even makes sense that Blondie didn't go after Kei 1 or 2. He was apparently busy fighting all the other Gantzers. Which makes me wonder... did the Americans just never go after the tower? Nothing ever happened!

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

still, it's pretty shit that almost every plot point is just handwaved away.

Tokyo team stranded in space? Nishi trapped in a mech, ships/giants all around, ocean all around, forgot his gantz tech etc. etc. Fuck it, that reporter in Germany has managed to hack into the Gantzballs or something within 24-48 hours of that clusterfuck in Germany. He'll save everyone! Kei + Tae stranded in space? Fuck it, hold your breath Tae we can make it!

Japanese people/government turning on the Gantzers? Lol nvm
    Anzu's kid? Lol nvm
    Nerdo's permanent foot injury holy fuck? Lol nvm
    Those lemmings following the Tokyo Team? Lol nvm send 'em back
    Kei1 and the vampires? Sure, Kikuchi or whatever can transfer anybody in or out that he desires but they're not on the ship so don't worry about it? Even if the zaibatsu were dicks, it's still basically the fate of the whole planet at risk here..
    Can't heal or get new weapons and shit? Don't worry, here's a hundred super mechs + hard suits, all the fucking H-guns you could want, flying bikes etc. Knock yourself out. Oh and we'll heal you whenever we want anyway stfu.
    Last edited by Damura; July 03, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its funny though you can still ask for more weapons and get healed but you cannot revive a person. But Nishi said something of a way..I bet he'll get Kei2 on his side with that advice. Kei2 is in a real bind he feels pointless now that reika is gone.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It was my understanding that the mothership was blocking the signal in some way.

I wonder what was going on with the giants all over the world. Are there a bunch of them still running around out there? I mean how would they withdraw their troops when they need to?

The mechs also used to withdraw into the ship every night... but there's only one (and it happens to be in Japan)?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 367 Discussion/368 Prediction Thread

Holy FFF***********************KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! The Giants have multiple penises! There I said it and I'm amazed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they got two of them from what it looks like. I was gonna point that out, but it just felt so awkward.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kato's team is in space with other Gantzers and the reporter!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Holy FFF***********************KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! The Giants have multiple penises! There I said it and I'm amazed.
    google images: penis bisection

people do that to themselves in real life.

---

maybe this is the giants version of circumcision

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I feel that this is a bit of a deus ex machina, but honestly how would gantz look if their world were to be permanently contaminated by the giant's presence like in real life, like say they take over a small continent and coexist harshly with the human race, plus there are a ton of other problems with a more realistic colonization.

And about the genitals thing, I don't really think they are bisected, rather as a biology major, that looks more like the genitalia of a snake, which when erect points outward to both sides of the body. Honestly I'm more curious what the corresponding female genitalia could be to necessitate that, and we have seen it before as well when they took that one prisoner before.

What does everyone think the last arc will look like? I'm cynical enough to think it will be a civil war among teams for world domination over whatever rubble is left.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I think Kikuchi is going to turn out to be an alien. He'll use this conflict to weaken both sides and then a bigger threat will show up and destroy everything. Then it'll end.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last arc?? I have no idea. It depends on the significance of this giant invasion thing. Is Oku saying that this Giant invasion meant that all those previous aliens were regular visitors from space that was hunted? Or did it have absolutely no connection and the people that created the Gantz spheres are running like a MIB operation or something.

I can't say. It's hard to predict the manga end when an overlying plot has just not been established, as far as I know.

I'm hoping that the story goes back to focusing on the Gantzers and their copy status instead of the aliens. I hope the final story is just focusing on how some horrible people are just using dead people to amuse themselves and that they already sent copies of the other Gantzers (Kurono everyone else etc) to aliens homeworlds to invade and cause trouble. Of course I'm hoping the copies of the copies are already dead (we don't need no more Kuronos). I just think it'll be interesting to see a twisted plot where we find out the Gantz members copies were used to wipe out other alien races which is why some aliens had to live on earth in hiding. Maybe the Earthbound Gantzers are being trained to be strong enough to go wipe out another planet.

If we think about it, it's likely to happen. After the first missions the Gantzers stopped carrying about the aliens as sentient beings. Katou had his struggles with it but after those missions it was just basically them killing to kill. If Oku went down this route I would love it. It would play towards all his themes he established; Katou not wanting to kill, that one alien getting vengeful towards Kurono for killing his allies, the "evil" Tokyo team where the aliens were sorta seemed to be victims, the dark and good side of humanity, Cherries rage, everything.

Hey that works...yeah I like this. I hope it comes true.

Next chapter: Kei beats up big ugly bad guy to save Tae and save world. Manga ends!

D'oh!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally Kato and his team are back. Looks as though they are getting ready for something big. If so, looking forward to it. xD

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    I just think it'll be interesting to see a twisted plot where we find out the Gantz members copies were used to wipe out other alien races which is why some aliens had to live on earth in hiding. Maybe the Earthbound Gantzers are being trained to be strong enough to go wipe out another planet.
    I can so totally see that happening; by the looks of it, Seiichi was telling Japan that they are going to do something, and looking at the last pages you can tell that the teams were being called in and they might be ready to invade a planet.
    The last page as well has a planet on screen so they're just leaving earth or are coming towards another planet. But from what Fra said 'they had no planet', so I think they might be on the mother-ship going in for the last time to destroy the thingy that Nishi was so desperately trying to destroy. But as well at the same time there is no point in destroying the mother-ship in Tokyo, it's left Earth, so maybe it is another ship in Japan.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast