Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 367 Discussion/368 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Guys, I think I got a grasp of what is going on and it's not pretty!

The giants are not the main villains, they are the last big game of the Gantz sport!

An entire alien civilization open to be slaughtered up by the most badass Gantzers from the entire world before they are used for whichever purpose Gantz was created for.

It now comes to mind that this whole end of the world thing was nothing more than a lab test from the Gantz boss to display the strenght of what he had created.

This explains why something that can deploy a massive army of super robots out of nowhere didn't act against the invasion on it's onset. It has been toying around with humanity all along.

I think the reason Tae and Kei are the only ones to survive is because all those Gantzers still on the ship are export merchandise.

It's possible that Gantz is an intergalactic arms dealer of epic proportions who saw humanity's potential as killing machines to be exploited by the big players of the universe.

The so called audience of the game is but a series of intergalactic warlords looking for the best weapons their cash can buy, game after game the monster behind Gantz demonstrated how destructive and efficient the little homo sapiens can be, the entire point behind Katastrophe was to pitch humanity against a much more advanced species and prove they would still win based on their violence and lack of morality.

Maybe that is what the vampires were aware the whole time, the Gantzers were always meant to be merciless brutal alien killing machines to be used on intergalactic warfare, now that they become heroes to Earth there will be no shortage of volunteer Gantzers to be tossed against helpless alien civilizations.

That would be one huge trolling mindfuck!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 367 Discussion/368 Prediction Thread

ah .. So it could still be the "divide and conquer" scheme. If the Katastrophe was still part of the gantz game, camoufladged as it was not, the men pulling the strings could unite all gantzers and all civilians against the (real or not) "aliens", so ruling them all.
    This also might happen irl.

------------------------
    btw, what a coincidence that the gantzer form Kyushu team who answered the phone has the same name as one of the vampire before. http://gantz.wikia.com/wiki/Saitou
    Last edited by RDN-567; July 09, 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dake360's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Either Oku is getting lazy or they've started reviving people again
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/113291/...7_by_utopia/10

- Black guy to the right and bottom left
    - Dude next to black guy to the right and dude in the distance

Also... Kei2 is bound to be evil now. I wonder why these balls haven't been hacked yet.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dake360 View Post

Also... Kei2 is bound to be evil now. I wonder why these balls haven't been hacked yet.
    Lol didnt notice these copies , i was fascinated about the penises xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Feels like the humans overpowered the aliens way to easily. I get an odd feeling that the mothership they are on is nothing but a scapegoat that they'll self-destruct to eliminate a majority of the Gantz players since they are all making a push onto one ship now. It just seems to easy, even that last round before this had a lot more going on for it with how extremely overpowered Nurarihyon was. This mission heck even the Roman Statue Aliens felt more powerfull then what they went up against with this "alien invasion" there's definitely something off that they may be able to catch in time. Though I get the feeling a big explosion is going to cause a majority of Gantzers to lose their lives in the next chpt.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dake360 View Post

I saw those 4 earlier hopefully he isn't getting lazy...

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    I saw those 4 earlier hopefully he isn't getting lazy...
    The way he's wrapping up this arc, I wouldn't put it past him. The way Katastophe is being wrapped up is akin to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZzoeI1pKE

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Oku is trying to make these aliens mega powerful like the past aliens, but wanted to create a wicked huge scale of battle and world changing events.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LeonMarvel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 100pt alien arc is the highlight of the manga. Final arc needs a boss like that dude...I thought he would never die. I'm sick of the robots, bikes and giants. It's always been the most exciting during gun, suits and sword battles. I want to see Host Samurai take on both Kei's or something...make it awesome, I dunno. lol
    ~Eternity is a long time to deal with the repercussions of a bad choice...at least make it one you believe in.~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    Feels like the humans overpowered the aliens way to easily. I get an odd feeling that the mothership they are on is nothing but a scapegoat that they'll self-destruct to eliminate a majority of the Gantz players since they are all making a push onto one ship now. It just seems to easy, even that last round before this had a lot more going on for it with how extremely overpowered Nurarihyon was. This mission heck even the Roman Statue Aliens felt more powerfull then what they went up against with this "alien invasion" there's definitely something off that they may be able to catch in time. Though I get the feeling a big explosion is going to cause a majority of Gantzers to lose their lives in the next chpt.
    I completely disagree with this.

Saying that Nurarijyon or the roman statue's felt more "over powered" inaccurate.

Difficulty in battle is based off of how much information you have.

Actually Nurarijyon was increadibly easy to defeat.

"hey guys..........fucking snipe him from far away. No seriously, all 15 of us, just go and snipe him without him seeing us"

See?

Thats incredibly easy. Mind you no one worked together, and there was zero team work. That is a handicap the gantzer's give themselves. Its good to see how powerful we can be if we you know, come together for a common good?

What was hard was that they lacked information. They had to learn his weakness in the middle of a battle. And thats insanely hard to do.

I would say that Nurajiyon and the Skeleton aliens were equally difficult. And had similar weaknesses.

Both of their bodies were indestructible in their own right. Nurajiyon regenerated and morphed, the skeletons were simply impervious.

Both could only take damage from "behind". The skeletons located literally in back of their neck while the other "damage from a place he was unaware of"

But you choose to view the story how you see fit.

By the way.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...s/monolith.jpg

Anyone ever make the connection between the Black sphere and the Black Monolith in 2001 a space odyssey

Gantz isn't so bad if you try not to over think it.

There is no god, only technology.
    Last edited by kliff2004; July 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    I don't think Oku is trying to make these aliens mega powerful like the past aliens, but wanted to create a wicked huge scale of battle and world changing events.
    When I started reading in 2009, all I ever wanted was a Global Gantz war. It's ok... I guess, some parts mad me go "meh!". But it was cool.

I wish Oku added Actual aliens instead of: statues, old school Japanese monsters and the dinos. Oni was cool, so was the Chibi guy, but just the aliens didn't feel right... Aliens like on Dead Space; necromorphs, stuff like that would've been real cool (in my opinion). But he has a different style to mine so I respect that, but still his mech artwork is f*cking phenomenal!

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@kliff2004: Tokyo Teams attack on Nurarihyon would have failed. Katou was mortally wounded. Reika was about to be killed. If HS hadn't jumped in when he did they would have lost... it was luck that they managed to beat him. In any case it was still a hell of a lot tougher than giants and killer bubbles.

Also... try that in real life. a) would anyone actually volunteer to stay behind as bait while the snipers set up and surprise him? b) can you count on Nuri NOT breaking into 3 or 4 guys like he did against the Osakans?

Are the skeletons equally dangerous? Well I guess so. Depends on how you approach it once you realise the guns don't work. The weakpoint wasn't the back of the neck was it? Just the neck, I thought. How on earth do hit the back of the neck from the front with a sword?

---

Anyway, has the Katastrophe arc been more difficult than the other missions in general? No. Giants are easy. Most of the other aliens are easy. Bone aliens were wiped out in 3 panels. No victims. Bubble bullshit killed Sekine because the team just stood there.. Reika somehow defeated a psychic. Cherry got himself killed by flying into a cannon shot or something.

Would argue that the Italy mission was the toughest yet. Dozens of statues, suit armor didn't work, plus they were fast as hell and all over the place.. THAT is how the bone monsters should have been.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... looks like the American team is the strongest in the world. Can't wait to see them in action, I honestly thought they would have been massacred. Instead it seems like they single-handedly forced the aliens to retreat. Bad ass!

Too bad the ending just might have everyone die except Kei1. Oh well...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Allegedly.

There wasn't supposed to be more than one tower. And we never saw any more mechs, or any assault whatsoever.

They are no less vulnerable to having the gantz balls hacked either... We'll see what happens.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Allegedly.

There wasn't supposed to be more than one tower. And we never saw any more mechs, or any assault whatsoever.

They are no less vulnerable to having the gantz balls hacked either... We'll see what happens.
    but compared to the japanese team, it seem the american's had their shit together. I'm guessing this was hinted during the train conversation between nishi and izumi.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast