Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 328 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deci's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 328 Discussion

Young Guts looks amazingly drawn. Ah, Guts with two hands! And an eye! Haha, sorry I couldn't be so happy! We got to see Gambino, too! Also, a fuckin' nother flashback within a flashback, I swear Miura has mastered time with his series. I love it! Wasn't expecting that...

To whomever asked if this was filler? Absolutely not, important information involving the main protagonist is anything but that, trust me. ^_^ This also will tie-in to Elfhelm, obviously, which is currently the main flow of the main story-line.

I can't wait for a translation!! =D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It should get darker because the astral world was design by layers, the deeper it is the more darker the eternal being. The trolls was only a moderate level I think quapslio or something. But I bet like quapslio will be like a new land place on the map of the world now so we may see other places like that. I get a feeling its going to get real dark once Griffith's dream is done, because it can't last forever because you don't see the other angels like that. But then again Griffith has got them into this world but I think Griffith will return to them soon and thats when they make the world in chaos.

I still that now he has his kingdom he will desire Guts and Guts being pulled along by something great like a counter god to the the god of the abyss to stop them. Its that or the beliet is protecting him till the time comes.

@deci yeah deff not a filler movie crap. I can't wait to read translation but I love the little elf she is so cute! I fear for the worst for her though

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

The old guy is called Martino, he talks all kindly to Guts and helps him escape but the truth was he just used him as a bait to avoid the attention of the guards in order to run away. Then there is this flashback of Guts and Ganbino when he is used as a bait along a bunch of rookies in order to show the location of the enemy, after all the rookies are killed except Guts, Ganbino tells Guts to not trust anynore not even his own father, that people can do bad things in the battlefield. He is put into jail and feels like a fool for believing Martino...then he notices the little elf.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The cute little elf, lol this is like the 3rd his been locked up and a elf helps him.
    Next chapter will be prob alot of infomation then a climatic 3rd chapter.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deci's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    The old guy is called Martino, he talks all kindly to Guts and helps him escape but the truth was he just used him as a bait to avoid the attention of the guards in order to run away. Then there is this flashback of Guts and Ganbino when he is used as a bait along a bunch of rookies in order to show the location of the enemy, after all the rookies are killed except Guts, Ganbino tells Guts to not trust anynore not even his own father, that people can do bad things in the battlefield. He is put into jail and feels like a fool for believing Martino...then he notices the little elf.
    Thanks a lot dude! Though it's Gambino, not Ganbino, no big deal. Love the summary, always appreciated! Can't wait to see what Miura has in store for us in a couple weeks! ^-^x
    Thanks Gilla for the Avatar!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's was cool to see Gambino again. It is obvious that he let his guard down for the BoH and also for his current companions. Or maybe there is still a part of him that tries to see people from every angle; instead of completely trusting them.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back at this chapter it seems Guts saves the elf from a rat lol. Well the rat was moving towards that weed/flower. I wonder if Guts has any injuries and how he would react to the elf trying to heal him by being touched.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if this is just a dream, seems kinda of odd of him to eat a most likely plagued rat and still be alive. Unless I missed the translation being out it would be neat if this whole thing was a "dream" arc in an attempt to reduce the need to continue the draw the ships traveling to Elfheim, so that when he's done with this "dream sequence" they'll be at elfheim.
    ---

Looking at the chapter more I"m more believed that it's a dream sequence, I don't think Guts would hold Gambino with such prestige if he had actually abandoned him like this twice. Seems kinda odd how this chapter first depicts Gambino as a caring father to help Guts escape only to toss him aside and trick the guards into keeping their focus on him as he escapes. yet Guts somehow got out of it and decided to head back to Gambino. Then we see Guts in a battle and he's wounded, Gambino looks over at him and just leaves him for dead.

Then we see Guts in a cellar most likely starving which is why he jumped on eating that rat, which coincidentally made him look sincere in the sense that he "saved" the flower.

i mean if these events turn out to be real that Guts is quite damaged, he did everything to prove himself to Gambino and even afted he himself was raped he still stuck by Gambino's side even though he did kill the other guy. It wasn't until Gambi was drunk and attempted to kill Guts that he killed him but even then it was accidental and defensive. So glad next chpt is coming out the 22nd, hopefully he has a good pace going on, though I'd like to hope that this "mini arc" is a means to reduce the production time by not having to spend fine detail on getting the ships and ocean to look just right.

He'll have enough to worry about detail wise once he reveals Elfheim.
    Last edited by TheWanderer; June 10, 2012 at 02:32 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts face is weird. Miura is rehashing his drawings .
    Get with the main story Miura!
    *end of rant*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that Guts' face shape, or the shape of his head in general, is a lot like it is now, but at the same time with the details Guts originally had before the Hundred-man Fight. Which is weird, when compared to the original Golden Age art-style, when Guts' head was much more stubby.

I'm not bothered by it at all, it's just interesting to observe.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I always love how Miura captures Gut's existencial crisis when he was young. To think he went through even more ordeals and temptations than what we already saw, it's pretty impressive to actually not adore Guts. His Heracles like even more and more. I think Miura has to practice different types of art to capture the life of Guts, he can be more fantastical and free when doing the dragons and elves, but with Guts it has to be raw and dark to capture the suffering.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

there's a scanlation from evil-genius now

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful, it's like a return to the past, seeing young guts again is really cool.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do what it takes to survive but eating a damn rat.....wow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, now that the sea god arc is over, it's time for another 100 chapter flashback! I loved the last one, I'm sure there's a lot more to learn about gatsu's teenage years and such, and it will probably set up more foreshadowing and substance for elfhelm. Excellent, and to top it off, another chapter in just over a week, just when you're about to give up hope, these miracles occur.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast