Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berserk 328 Discussion

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 328 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Alright, now that the sea god arc is over, it's time for another 100 chapter flashback! I loved the last one, I'm sure there's a lot more to learn about gatsu's teenage years and such, and it will probably set up more foreshadowing and substance for elfhelm. Excellent, and to top it off, another chapter in just over a week, just when you're about to give up hope, these miracles occur.
    I seriously doubt there will be more flashback chapters after the 3 we are getting now. Guts's past was covered to a full extent already, this is just a little background story, it certainly fits with his persona and all, but I do not think flashbacks are a thing anyone wants now. The last one was way really a long time ago, if Miura did long flashbacks, he would have done another one till now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We may at times near the end get like a 1-2 chapters of flashbacks every now and again about Guts and Griffith together.
    Seriously re reading the volumes, now Griffith has want he wants but he wants another thing ~ Guts. When Guts was getting carried on the boat Griffith stared him down meaning 'your a threat or stone on my road that I will take care of you or he still deep downs feels that Guts is the only equal, Maybe he has sent the moon light child to watch Guts but if thats the case is it to watch or protect?

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if Griffith wants Guts any longer. I mean, Griffith seemed generally quite indifferent towards Guts at the Hill of Swords.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

so, is this the like "origin" story for Guts, because I thought Miura kind of already did this.

also, glad to finally see the second chapter release for the year so far.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this details a period in Guts' life that we actually know very little about. Miura likes to be thorough, and the period between Guts slaying Gambino and defeating Bazuso has always been blank. What's more it was 4 years, which is a hefty amount of time however you cut it.The purpose of the arc will likely be revealed in #329/#330 when it's linked to Elfhelm somehow, via that Elf we just saw, I guess...

Speaking of Elfhlem, I've got exited about Casca's return to sanity again. Especially since I've been re-reading the Golden Age recently.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

But you know how Caska will react when her sanity is repaired she'll curse Guts saying he should of let her just die.
    Yeah I know the hill of swords but he went OUT OF HIS WAY to meet a human and see if his heart will move, the child helped and made him save caska. Also he didn't kill them then and there.

Yeah I played no attention until I saw Griffith do that stare to Guts, his done it before to people.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be more than scream and stuff, she is mentally hurt, this will wound her even more, once she gets her sanity and the memories will haunt her in a worst way than Guts. look at what he want through, the Elf king has to find a way to cure the bad memories as well.

As for this mini-arc, I guess it will tie in with Elf island a lot, that much is obvious, but I expect a twist, which does not happen in Berserk since it is guided more on a story and while reading the story you get captivated into the overall meaning, which in itself as a lot of twists and turns.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If Casca's sanity isn't returned, or at least returned to the extent that she'll somewhat resemble her Golden Age self, then I don't see her purpose in the story any longer. We've already had her insanity cause Guts pain; develop his character and the plot in some ways, and provide some comedy along the way, but at this stage she lacks direction. Direction that her sanity could well provide.

You raise an interesting point. There's a moment in the Eclipse when SK retreats with Guts and Casca on his horse, and there's a panel with Femto where it appears he is in the position to attack them with his telekinesis-like powers, but falters. This gives me hope that any of Griffith's moments where he shows interest in Guts and Casca in his reincarnated form are also due to his own desire, not purely the child he inhabits.

I missed the importance of the stare. I'll have to check that out again.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its right before they board the Ship before Guts is passing out while he is getting carried he looks over to the distance and see's Griffith staring at him with those obsess eyes look lol. Guts became a part of Griffiths Dream so somehow Guts will have to fit it, I think he desires Guts to try and beat him and surpass his dream. I also believe that Guts is guided by what Skull Knight and void would say "the laws of causality" however not by the god of the abyss but something grander which could put the god hand and god of the abyss down.

Its that or its the god of the abyss and the beliet thats guiding Guts.

Hey ever wondered about Guts parents? He was born under his mothers dead body, could the father of been there or could it of been something else? Skull Knight knew of Guts birth (possibly connection). Guts is so like Skull Knight and Zodd, Zodd even has a sort of same hair.

This chapter seems like its right after Guts escapes gambino's group because that reference the arrow wound but he looks like a year or 2 older!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked it out again, and you're right. Maybe Griffith's fixation isn't quite as antiquated as I thought.

I also, checked out my Berserk volume 14 again. In the first chapter, when Guts is on SK's horse, SK discusses Rickert's Elf dust and Godo's ore mine. He also strongly implies, if not outright states, that Guts has had involvement with Elves before. And this was set 4 days after the Eclipse.

Mangareader's translation just states Guts meeting Puck in the future, but the Dark Horse one is good foreshadowing of #328.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but remember also Caska put elf dust/Pucks dust on Guts at the campfire of dreams. It was Pucks because Juudou said in the group of performers he was in there was a elf who gave him that and when Puck first appears in the storyline the start of the Eclipse he is with the performers.
    Puck also mistakes Skull Knight as a elf too.

But now that they will reach elfheim its good time to have Guts heal the man hasn't stop since the attack in vitnammis (w/e its spelt) I just wonder if they can cure his eternal body wound that Slan cause because he still has that I noticed. Also to cure his left eye because it looks like his going blind. These I guess would be all the signs of him becoming what Skull Knight is and unhuman.
    But I think it won't happen to Guts he will stay human to the end of the story.

I doubt Caska would fight but I feel like the children might be her only light and she might want to find/save it, it would be interesting then if she would get a magic type weapon, it would have to be water LOL knowing all the problems she has had around it.

Also one more thing I would like to think the moonlight child isn't Griffith but the son of Caska and Guts but chapter 327 the astral body was Griffiths hair and it said something that Griffith would say to Guts "To think you would die here" So again that could mean Griffith is helping him somehow.
    Last edited by 102jayday; June 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCG View Post
    I checked it out again, and you're right. Maybe Griffith's fixation isn't quite as antiquated as I thought.

I also, checked out my Berserk volume 14 again. In the first chapter, when Guts is on SK's horse, SK discusses Rickert's Elf dust and Godo's ore mine. He also strongly implies, if not outright states, that Guts has had involvement with Elves before. And this was set 4 days after the Eclipse.

Mangareader's translation just states Guts meeting Puck in the future, but the Dark Horse one is good foreshadowing of #328.
    I doubt Miura pulled these flashback chapters like that, the Elf thing was always kind of hinted, indirectly, I would not have guessed that there will be a back story this time around, but surely I think we all knew we were going to learn more about the Elves as the story progressed towards Elf island.

Though that is a very direct foreshadowing of this, the thing is that the time in which we were presented with this is really unexpected, I would have thought we would be at Elf island before we get more into Elves and stuff.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I shall bring the light.
    http://www.mangareader.net/berserk/328

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner masasakia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    ... :I
    wat r u on aboot

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so great to have some berserk again!
    And I like flashbacks!

I hope this will tie in with the elf island arc somehow!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3