Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

RVP gets one back, but it's still 2-1.

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So at the end Netherlands had some luck as van Persie managed to score goal due to Noyer couldn't see the ball because of his own defender.
    Still germans had more chances during all the game, so they truly seem like the best team on Euro for now. Still it's too early to conclude.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with Del Bosque reticent to use any of his three strikers, Germany has an advantage as they actually have a striker who's scoring.

Spoiler show

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Ronaldo is that sometimes he needs to be less arrogant .. most people here really want him to triumph but we don't like to see some of his behaviours sometimes ... nor do we see him as someone who has to be praised all the time. He is praised when he does things well ... and when not like any other football player ofc we are not going to say he was good if he wasn't ... like we would do for any other player. The thing today that pissed me off most, wasn't the fact that he missed 2 "easy" chances to score but the fact that he didn't help Coentrão as much as he could ... if you look to Nani, you notice he did really help a lot defensively ... while Coentrão most of the times where facing 2 at the same time without anyone helping him ... which made the job really hard on him. Without Pepe, which is without any doubts one of the best on his position ... we would had suffer a lot from Ronaldo lack of assisting the team defensively ... another reason we are also mad it's because we want him to win the golden ball's trophy and doing these exhibition it will be impossible for him i think ...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoops. It seems that my prediction really far from truth. I never expected that Dutch's offensive line would be this awful. They already blew their own chance.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't blame their ofense line. I would blame their lack of luck in the first game and german eficience. So far all my predictions seem to be going the right way.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Do fans actually care about the Golden Ball/Boot/Glove?

Win the trophy that matters! I guess it's a consolation of some sorts, but to say Portugal had no shot to win the whole thing is a lie in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I was off about Netherlands being in the final. I should have gone with Spain, but who knows with that now.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I wouldn't blame their ofense line. I would blame their lack of luck in the first game and german eficience. So far all my predictions seem to be going the right way.
    I think they have the best offensive line is the best in Group B (with Huntelaar and Van Persie who perform really well in their respective club) and I honestly didn't think that Mario Gomez would be the sole goal-scoring machine for Germany.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

xi0
    I really care for the Golden Ball and Golden Boots. It's always interesting to see who will win them in each Euro or FIFA World Cup.

FrostyMouse
    Actually Spain has the striker who can score - Llorente from Bilbao and Negredo from Sevilla. They had a good season in their clubs. The problem is that del Bosque doesn't want to put them in 11. Though I might be wrong and he will use one of them today.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I don't disagree about it being interesting. But I wonder whether the fans of a particular team/country care if their team doesn't perform up to expectations.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Netherlands

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

xi0
    I'm normally dissapointed even though I'm normally used that Russia doesn't meet my expectetions.
    That's why I also have some other favourites like Spain, Portugal, Netherlands. Last three big tournaments it's also great to watch Germany, especially they were great on 2010 FIFA World Cup.
    P.S. I also like how Croatia and Ukaraine perform lately.)

And damn! Croatia is great against Italy.)

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Actually Spain has the striker who can score - Llorente from Bilbao and Negredo from Sevilla. They had a good season in their clubs. The problem is that del Bosque doesn't want to put them in 11. Though I might be wrong and he will use one of them today.
    Jorge, you missed what I was saying. I was saying that Del Bosque didn't have a striker that he really trusted, not that they couldn't score. Llorente was great for Bilbao this year, for example.

I heavily dislike how Del Bosque basically only plays Barca or Madrid players, but that's just me. Torres played well today and got two deserved goals; however, we must look at the fact that Ireland didn't make much for opposition. Mata was a big part in the WC, but we haven't even seen a sniff of him in the Euros so far. Perhaps he got injured in practice or Di Matteo wants him to take summer off to some degree. Who knows, but I think Mata would give them something that I just see them lacking. Get Busquets out of the team now.

1-1 was a fair result for Italy vs Croatia. Assuming that Spain beats Croatia and Italy beats Ireland, my prediction of Spain and Italy as 1-2 in the group will work out.

Spoiler show

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spam bot quoted me. I felt it was weird the guy had the same picks as me and lived in portugal for 10 years too lol

Well today wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. I thought Italy would easily win against Croatia but this draw makes things more fun. Although everything still points to Italy advancing as Croatia's last opponent is nothing less than Spain.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I heavily dislike how Del Bosque basically only plays Barca or Madrid players, but that's just me. Torres played well today and got two deserved goals; however, we must look at the fact that Ireland didn't make much for opposition. Mata was a big part in the WC, but we haven't even seen a sniff of him in the Euros so far. Perhaps he got injured in practice or Di Matteo wants him to take summer off to some degree. Who knows, but I think Mata would give them something that I just see them lacking. Get Busquets out of the team now.
    The majority of the team is either on FCB or RM. I do think there is something there though, he played a lot more of the non-FCB/RM players in the World Cup.

Why do you keep saying Mata was a big part of the WC? He only appeared once as a substitute in the group stage. Do you mean in the qualifying? I agree that there have to be better options than Busquets, but maybe Del Bosque insists on keeping that Barcelona midfield intact. We can't say it hasn't worked obviously.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast