Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Not that i really care .. but i definitely think i will hope for Italy's win... Pirlo btw, what a player. If this keeps like this, and Italy wins he will be considered the best player of the Euro.
    Indeed, Italy for the win (but unlike you, my favorites are indeed Italy because of Juventus =D). It's really funny how Pirlo was sold by AC Milan to Juventus because "he's not in the coach's plan" and Juve ended up winning the league thanks to him.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

PIRLO IS A FECKING LEGEND!

DUDE IS UNSTOPPABLE IN MIDFIELD!

FORZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAA ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOO!

Germany were literally hopeless after conceding the first goal. I was astonished in the early parts of the first half of how easy it was for Italy to play the ball around the German half. I would've expected so much better from them considering the way in which they were playing in previous matches. Greece was a walk over. Everyone knows that but to lose so badly to Italy with the maximum period of recovery/rest!? Pathetic. Italy truly deserved the victory.

I think Pirlo and Mountinho would compliment each other in midfield. De Rossi and Pirlo were definitely the driving force today in the game. Bonucci played really well too. Can't wait for the final. I really hope Italy win it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

That was totally craze. Never expected Italy to win against Germany. Even though I was rooting for Germany, thanks Italy for the great performance we saw yesterday.
    Pirlo was amsing yesterday the same as de Rossi. But also Ballotelli finally showed why he is one of the best strikers today. Even though during the tournament he didn't show his best all the time, but still he showed it, when his team really needed it and managed to keep cool all the time he played.

P.S. Yesterday I just got the feeling that it was actual final.

P.P.S. It was also great to see Noyer flying and playing a ball with a head in the centre of the pitch to get it back to Italy's box. It was truly a great match.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I feel really sad. No words can discribe how disappointed I am with football. I think i will stop wathcing football for a while after the Euro final and Libertadores final (south american equivalent to Champions League)

Really I've been having a lot of bad luck with my team choices so I feel really sad. I feel almost as sad as when Brazil got out of the two last world cups after Germany and Portugal lost. Only team that still makes me smile is Porto but even then they can never make it far in Champions League...

Santos my team here in Brazil was eliminated from Libertadores by our biggest rivalsand is doing poorly on our national championship... I just hope our rivals don't win against the Almighty Boca Juniors.

Last two world Cups were a complete let down for me... not only Brazil was awful, Germany which I also rooted for got eliminated even after beating our eternal rivals Argentina by an epic 4-1 result in the last one and by penalties in previous one. Portugal also never gets too far.

Man International competitons have onlyy been making me sad lately. Not to talk about Copa America in which Brazil missed 4 penalties in a row after being way superior to paraguay the entire game... a total disgrace...

Well at least with Italy the list of teams for Confederation cup is almost finished and looks interesting, only the African champion is missing, Hope Cotre D'Ivore makes it as they are a good team to complement the list.

But well for a while after this I will rest from football...

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

What can I say. Italy had every crap luck you could possibly imagine from Chiellini getting injured (by far the best Italian defender) to Thiago motta getting injured aftter 3 minutes play leaving Italy with 10 men totally naked against Spain.

But at least this was the top level Spain that finally after all these matches showed the true level of Barcelona&Real Madrid and if there is any match in the world I wouldn't mind Italy losing to then it's definitley this top level Spain.

The last 2 goals were just silly though. You know that when Torres scores

That or the final actually was Germany-Italy, at least that was 2 teams at their top.

.... Shit. Would've really enjoyed a final with 2 teams at their top.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Inter once more led Italy to their loss
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Spain is scary. And they did that without their best striker (Villa) & their best defender (Puyol).
    They end the tournament with the best defense, the best attack, ...

They will be though to beat in 2 years as well.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to put it simply...it's like what that BBC commentator said during the second half; "Spain are doing exactly what Italy did to Germany".

They got owned.

Italy really didn't have any chance at all. Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets dealt with Pirlo easy. He had no way of threading the ball through to Cassano. It was far from being the best game of the tournament but it was still entertaining. ^^ I guess this was the last final major tournament for Buffon, Pirlo and a few other italian players. =( It would've been great to see them win it but the spainards were just too much for them. I still find it incredibly suprising that Del Bosque had so much talent in reserve (subs) that you so easily forget about them. Tonight summed it up though. Torres and Mata on for Fabregas and Iniesta. What a team! What. A. Team.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A deserved win for Spain. Hurray!!

At first I thought it would be an even match, but Spain totally owned Italy.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

In that first half performance, Spain showed exactly why they were the best and gave people the performance they had been waiting to see from Spain. They absolutely shut Pirlo down which was the key, but they did it was such a long period and so often that he had no impact, also neutralised Cassano and so Balotelli didn't get many chances at goal.

Everything that could've gone wrong for Italy, went wrong last night but even before then they were 2-0 down and it would've taken a Spanish like performance for them to come back. I knew the game was over after the first goal.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratz Spain ... finally showed why they are the best.
    And finally is out the best 23 of Euro ... and once again stupid nominations happened.

Gerrard is there, while he wasn't anything special and a player like Moutinho, that together with Pepe and Coentrão were the best of Portugal doesn't even show up on the list ... must be cuz he plays on FC Porto, that isn't obviously a Real Madrid or a Barcelona. Uefa once again showing how crappy their nominations are

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Here it is, EURO 2012 Team of the tournament:

I won't question any spanish or german inclusion, but Ibrahimovic I've not seen play fully so can someone tell me if his place is deserved or what?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Here it is, EURO 2012 Team of the tournament:

I won't question any spanish or german inclusion, but Ibrahimovic I've not seen play fully so can someone tell me if his place is deserved or what?
    It isn't. He much likely got that place because of that amazing goal ... Busquets, Rossi, Gerrard, Khedira ... and Moutinho isn't there ?

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerrad's place is deserved, if there was such thing as captain of the tournament, I'd give it to him too. He showed great leadership and is the player you look to on the pitch to change the game. Busquets possibly could be rid of, and maybe Khedira too.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Zlatan's nomination isn't that awkward at all. He was one of the best from Sweden... btw even though Hummels played not that well against Italy, i think he deserved to had been nominated. And for that i would exchange Piqué for him.
    And there are someplayers that are there, just for the reputation they have. Ozil for example, wasn't nowhere near of showing the quality that he really has. For me he ended being "mediocre" based on what he can do, so don't know if i would also nominate him.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Gerrad's place is deserved, if there was such thing as captain of the tournament, I'd give it to him too. He showed great leadership and is the player you look to on the pitch to change the game. Busquets possibly could be rid of, and maybe Khedira too.
    Don't think so, even though i haven't payed that much attention to the games. But my opinion is that if there was a place of Gerrad it wouldn't be on this Euro's definitely. He is nowhere as good as he was on the past imo. Moutinho was way better, and i don't say this because i am Portuguese ,it's undeniable. But they had to put someone from England ... and a team like Porto still doesn't actually "force" the Uefa to nominate any of theirs players.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Mario Gomez isn't there, which i also don't think that was fair.

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true Gerrard isn't the "tank" he was in his prime but experience has made him understand the game a lot more and as he knows his body more, he doesn't move around the field as much. He was invaluable and so influential for England in this tournament, above any other player in that team I believe; that's why I'd include him in that 23-man squad. So I dunno where you get this "had" to include him in the squad.

Only time I had noticed Moutinho was against Spain where I thought he was brilliant and made some quite amazingly timed tackles and understood his role and what he needed to do. If he performed at that level in his other games, then his place would be deserved.

You make a good point about Gomes, I'd definitely take out Ibra and have another striker there, most possibly Gomes but saying that, despite his goals, he didn't really stand out to me.

In the end, the winning team always has the most players in the Best 23 squad but I think Pique deserves his place, so does Ramos. There wasn't many better defenders in the tournament that them IMO.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast