Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 304

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

  1. #46
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Blowing in the wind
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    FIFA's ranking is very meh to me... really ... I wouldn't give it much credit as in football tradition is also very important imo (as it brings more responsibility to a team's players and makes the enemies shiver) and this fifa ranking doesn't take that into account. It's not just about the last few years imo.

    That game was awesome I must say really exciting. One of the best games I've ever watched

    As for why UEFA choose him... well maybe they wanna raise some money as teams have to pay fines for any cards received and therefore they choose a referee that gives off a lot of them

  2. #47
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Was worried for a second as I couldn't remember who I had in my bracket as group A winner, so far so good though

    ---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

    1-0 Denmark! against the absolute run of play. This is gonna be an interesting game now for the dutch....

  3. #48
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    That is interesting indeed. I haven't been watching.

    Spoiler show

  4. #49
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Well the dutch have the majority of posession as you would expect, and Denmark's goal was the first opportunity at goal that they had. They have seem to be the more clinical team. Looks like it'll be hard for Holland to score.

  5. #50
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Blowing in the wind
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    The game really changed after denmark scored, Netherlands is feeling the pressure after all losing this game give portugal or germany a huge advantage.

    Netherlands has great attack and middle field but their defense was never that good. In the past they always relayed too much on van der sar.

    In football it's always this way if you don't score when you have the chance you are bound to suffer a goal sometime. No matter how many good plays a tem has if they don't score it's futile.

    Well I'm just loving it .

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #51
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Their defence is really being exposed but Holland are having more and more chances at goal. 19 shots at goal so far, I wonder how many before they score

  8. #52
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Their defence is really being exposed but Holland are having more and more chances at goal. 19 shots at goal so far, I wonder how many before they score
    Barca had how many chances in the first leg of the SF against Chelsea? I mean, the headline of that match was "One shot, one goal." It really is true that you'll pay for profligacy in front of goal.

    Spoiler show

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #53
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Barca had how many chances in the first leg of the SF against Chelsea? I mean, the headline of that match was "One shot, one goal." It really is true that you'll pay for profligacy in front of goal.
    It's funny because the commentators mentioned that same match a while ago. 2mins plus additional remaining in the game, still no breakthrough for Holland

  11. #54
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    It's funny because the commentators mentioned that same match a while ago. 2mins plus additional remaining in the game, still no breakthrough for Holland
    The same thing can be said for Bayern. When you have Mario Gomez up front, you're just hoping that he'll do something in a big match. He squandered countless chances against Madrid and Chelsea.

    Well, that was quite the shocker, but Holland can still qualify. I picked them to lose in the Final against Spain against my better judgment, and now I think I'm going to pay for that. I'm a France supporter and I believe that they have the ability to beat Spain in the Final, but I don't really see it happening. This result for Holland definitely helps out Portugal, but for all we know, it could be Germany and Denmark qualifying or even Denmark and Portugal. Now wouldn't that be a shocker?

    ---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

    Joey Barton has exceeded my expectations once again with his level of craziness. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18378032

    Spoiler show

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #55
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    So the Tournament is already great. Group A matches were amasing. Of course it was great how Rusia won against Czech Republic. Sorry, all the czechs, but the match was really splendid.
    Poland performed pretty good against Greece in the first half, but then Greece had a great chance to win when they got a penaly kick. Still Karagunis made an epic fail. Well, Poland has a good chance to clasify to play-off.

    Well, the most unexpected for me was Denmark's victory against Netherlands. As everyone mentioned they game looked just like Barca against Chelsea, but still. Now it would be even more interesting to watch group B's matchs.

    Now I'm watching Germany against Portugal. Great performance.

  14. #56
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Blowing in the wind
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Man I'm jumping from one tv to another. In one TV I got Germany x Portugal and in another Brazil x Argentina Gotta say Brazil and Argentina has been more interesting so far. Man Brazil is playing lot again, but our defense is very week messi got two free passes to goal. But our attack is killer.

    Back to Euro I don't think Portugal has been inferior to Germany this far but they can't get shots to the goal.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #57
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bot Lane
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    We didn't deserve this result imo ... a draw would the fairest end for Germany vs Portugal.

  17. #58
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    I think Germany stifled Portugal for most of the game, plus got some timely blocks in, and while Mario Gomez is a painful way to lose a 1-0 match, I think Germany probably deserved it.

    ---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Man I'm jumping from one tv to another. In one TV I got Germany x Portugal and in another Brazil x Argentina Gotta say Brazil and Argentina has been more interesting so far. Man Brazil is playing lot again, but our defense is very week messi got two free passes to goal. But our attack is killer.

    Back to Euro I don't think Portugal has been inferior to Germany this far but they can't get shots to the goal.
    Allowing Messi a hat trick is not the way to win. :P

    Spoiler show

  18. #59
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Blowing in the wind
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think Germany stifled Portugal for most of the game, plus got some timely blocks in, and while Mario Gomez is a painful way to lose a 1-0 match, I think Germany probably deserved it.

    Allowing Messi a hat trick is not the way to win. :P
    I wish it had ended a draw as it would be best for both the teams I'm rooting but portugal can still classify if Germany wins all games and they can win against Denmark and draw against Netherlands.

    As I said our defense sucked but they are just young kids who were playing at our defense today cuse our two expert defenders got hurt and couldn't play.
    Not using that as a excuse cuse the lost was fair. They shouldn't have let messi with that much space for him we need to find some good defenders we still have two years until world cup.
    But as I said our attack is top class and we were even stolen one clear penalties and arguably two penalties in the game.

    One thing I don't like is that even though our national team is finding its way slowly people want to get rid of our coach every time he loses no matter how many games we win.

  19. #60
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: UEFA Euro 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I wish it had ended a draw as it would be best for both the teams I'm rooting but portugal can still classify if Germany wins all games and they can win against Denmark and draw against Netherlands.

    As I said our defense sucked but they are just young kids who were playing at our defense today cuse our two expert defenders got hurt and couldn't play.
    Not using that as a excuse cuse the lost was fair. They shouldn't have let messi with that much space for him we need to find some good defenders we still have two years until world cup.
    But as I said our attack is top class and we were even stolen one clear penalties and arguably two penalties in the game.

    One thing I don't like is that even though our national team is finding its way slowly people want to get rid of our coach every time he loses no matter how many games we win.
    Yeah, most Brazilians I know want your manager sacked. On most days, barring the WC because Messi can't score there, you're going to give him a goal. You just can't let him get a brace or a hat trick.

    I didn't see the Marcelo-Lavezzi brawl, but it probably was entertaining.

    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts