Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

FIFA's ranking is very meh to me... really ... I wouldn't give it much credit as in football tradition is also very important imo (as it brings more responsibility to a team's players and makes the enemies shiver) and this fifa ranking doesn't take that into account. It's not just about the last few years imo.

That game was awesome I must say really exciting. One of the best games I've ever watched

As for why UEFA choose him... well maybe they wanna raise some money as teams have to pay fines for any cards received and therefore they choose a referee that gives off a lot of them

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Was worried for a second as I couldn't remember who I had in my bracket as group A winner, so far so good though

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

1-0 Denmark! against the absolute run of play. This is gonna be an interesting game now for the dutch....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That is interesting indeed. I haven't been watching.

Spoiler show

Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the dutch have the majority of posession as you would expect, and Denmark's goal was the first opportunity at goal that they had. They have seem to be the more clinical team. Looks like it'll be hard for Holland to score.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The game really changed after denmark scored, Netherlands is feeling the pressure after all losing this game give portugal or germany a huge advantage.

Netherlands has great attack and middle field but their defense was never that good. In the past they always relayed too much on van der sar.

In football it's always this way if you don't score when you have the chance you are bound to suffer a goal sometime. No matter how many good plays a tem has if they don't score it's futile.

Well I'm just loving it .

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Their defence is really being exposed but Holland are having more and more chances at goal. 19 shots at goal so far, I wonder how many before they score

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Their defence is really being exposed but Holland are having more and more chances at goal. 19 shots at goal so far, I wonder how many before they score
    Barca had how many chances in the first leg of the SF against Chelsea? I mean, the headline of that match was "One shot, one goal." It really is true that you'll pay for profligacy in front of goal.

Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Barca had how many chances in the first leg of the SF against Chelsea? I mean, the headline of that match was "One shot, one goal." It really is true that you'll pay for profligacy in front of goal.
    It's funny because the commentators mentioned that same match a while ago. 2mins plus additional remaining in the game, still no breakthrough for Holland

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    It's funny because the commentators mentioned that same match a while ago. 2mins plus additional remaining in the game, still no breakthrough for Holland
    The same thing can be said for Bayern. When you have Mario Gomez up front, you're just hoping that he'll do something in a big match. He squandered countless chances against Madrid and Chelsea.

Well, that was quite the shocker, but Holland can still qualify. I picked them to lose in the Final against Spain against my better judgment, and now I think I'm going to pay for that. I'm a France supporter and I believe that they have the ability to beat Spain in the Final, but I don't really see it happening. This result for Holland definitely helps out Portugal, but for all we know, it could be Germany and Denmark qualifying or even Denmark and Portugal. Now wouldn't that be a shocker?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Joey Barton has exceeded my expectations once again with his level of craziness. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18378032

Spoiler show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Tournament is already great. Group A matches were amasing. Of course it was great how Rusia won against Czech Republic. Sorry, all the czechs, but the match was really splendid.
    Poland performed pretty good against Greece in the first half, but then Greece had a great chance to win when they got a penaly kick. Still Karagunis made an epic fail. Well, Poland has a good chance to clasify to play-off.

Well, the most unexpected for me was Denmark's victory against Netherlands. As everyone mentioned they game looked just like Barca against Chelsea, but still. Now it would be even more interesting to watch group B's matchs.

Now I'm watching Germany against Portugal. Great performance.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm jumping from one tv to another. In one TV I got Germany x Portugal and in another Brazil x Argentina Gotta say Brazil and Argentina has been more interesting so far. Man Brazil is playing lot again, but our defense is very week messi got two free passes to goal. But our attack is killer.

Back to Euro I don't think Portugal has been inferior to Germany this far but they can't get shots to the goal.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't deserve this result imo ... a draw would the fairest end for Germany vs Portugal.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Germany stifled Portugal for most of the game, plus got some timely blocks in, and while Mario Gomez is a painful way to lose a 1-0 match, I think Germany probably deserved it.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Man I'm jumping from one tv to another. In one TV I got Germany x Portugal and in another Brazil x Argentina Gotta say Brazil and Argentina has been more interesting so far. Man Brazil is playing lot again, but our defense is very week messi got two free passes to goal. But our attack is killer.

Back to Euro I don't think Portugal has been inferior to Germany this far but they can't get shots to the goal.
    Allowing Messi a hat trick is not the way to win. :P

Spoiler show

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think Germany stifled Portugal for most of the game, plus got some timely blocks in, and while Mario Gomez is a painful way to lose a 1-0 match, I think Germany probably deserved it.

Allowing Messi a hat trick is not the way to win. :P
    I wish it had ended a draw as it would be best for both the teams I'm rooting but portugal can still classify if Germany wins all games and they can win against Denmark and draw against Netherlands.

As I said our defense sucked but they are just young kids who were playing at our defense today cuse our two expert defenders got hurt and couldn't play.
    Not using that as a excuse cuse the lost was fair. They shouldn't have let messi with that much space for him we need to find some good defenders we still have two years until world cup.
    But as I said our attack is top class and we were even stolen one clear penalties and arguably two penalties in the game.

One thing I don't like is that even though our national team is finding its way slowly people want to get rid of our coach every time he loses no matter how many games we win.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I wish it had ended a draw as it would be best for both the teams I'm rooting but portugal can still classify if Germany wins all games and they can win against Denmark and draw against Netherlands.

As I said our defense sucked but they are just young kids who were playing at our defense today cuse our two expert defenders got hurt and couldn't play.
    Not using that as a excuse cuse the lost was fair. They shouldn't have let messi with that much space for him we need to find some good defenders we still have two years until world cup.
    But as I said our attack is top class and we were even stolen one clear penalties and arguably two penalties in the game.

One thing I don't like is that even though our national team is finding its way slowly people want to get rid of our coach every time he loses no matter how many games we win.
    Yeah, most Brazilians I know want your manager sacked. On most days, barring the WC because Messi can't score there, you're going to give him a goal. You just can't let him get a brace or a hat trick.

I didn't see the Marcelo-Lavezzi brawl, but it probably was entertaining.

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast