Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

FrostyMouse
    I agree with your point that he doesn't trust in his strikers. Maybe with the exeption of Torres. I actually see del Bosque as very conservative couch. He knows that Barca players are great and most of them were among those who won the previous Euro, thus he doesn't really want to change them. Also Madrid's players are also great, especially Casillas, Xabi Alonso and Ramos as they were also among the basis that won previous tournaments for Spain and also La Liga for Madrid.
    Also del Bosque trained Madrid as well and won everything with it, so of course he will rely on its players.
    Still I also agree that he should have used more Mata as he had a great season in Chelsea. I would say he was the only one who didn't dissapoint me during the entire season.
    Still I agree that Busquets should be out of the game... Well not only I don't like him as a person, but also don't get his role in this team. It would be even better if his place was given to Javi Martines or even some attacking midfielder like Mata or even Fabregas as the latter had a great experience in Arsenal playing both as attacking midfielder and box-to-box.

About the situation in group C... Well now it's gotten pretty interesting. I still hope that Spain will adevance from the 1st place and Croatia from the 2nd. It would be great if Croatia manages to take at least 1 point from the match against Spain. I really like Croatia's game more than Italia's (sorry italians or Italy's fans).
    About yesterday's Spain's game... well, nothing special. I really like that Torres has finally broken his curse. Still as in the first match I would say that their best player is still Silva. In the first game he made a desisive pass for the equaliser and now he scored a goal and made two passes. He was also great in City this year.
    Also I really enjoyed watching spanish and irish football fans being well with each other before and during the game even though Ireland lkost to Spain.

About today's matches... I hope England will win. They really have a good chance as they managed to get one point against France and now if they win against Sweden (as they don't look strong in any way, especially as they were during the match against Ukraine), then they can get a good position to qualify to quater-finals.
    And also I hope Ukraine will play as good as they played against Sweden. If they play the same way and have a good luck, then they can get from 1 to 3 points against France. Especially if Sheva will play as he did against Sweden.
    Still would be great if France shows us something great today, but still I will be routing for Ukraine.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There just has to be someone better than Busquets to put in. For example, he could've used both Torres and Fabregas, instead of leaving Fabregas on the bench. What was that? Unless Busquets is just there to dive or flop in some big situation to get an opposing player carded, because that's how I see him for Barca.

I always hope for France, but again, I think the problem is Ribery as always. Without someone decisive like Zidane managing the team, things aren't going to work out, seemingly. Giroud needed to be in as he's France's only real target man. Benzema's a good striker, but he plays off of Ronaldo for Madrid and Ronaldo opens up situations for everyone. I had liked Laurent Blanc up until this game, but I thought it was a poor managing job. France should be able to beat Ukraine and Sweden, but who knows.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Hopefully we get the France vs Ukraine match in soon, preferably tomorrow.

Spoiler show

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the game would be delayed until tomorrow but thankfully it didn't

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Buaquets seems mostly the one to dive and to act like in bad Bollywood films if you get what I meen.
    It would be actually great to see both Fabregas and Torres on the pitch as it seems that Xabi Alonso can manage the stopper position pretty well without Busquet's help and the same Fabregas or Xavi Ernandez can help as he sometimes plays at this position in Barca.

For now the match between France and Ukraine seems quite even, so it might happen everything in it.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, but it's still quite wet out there. We'll see how it ends up.

I was hoping to have Giroud and M'Vila start, but it's fine.

Spoiler show

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

2 great goals from france. Even though I was rooting for them at the beginning seeing the disappointment on the Ukrainian coach's face made me feel bad

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

ALLEZ LES BLEUS ALLEEEEEZ
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Go France!

Spoiler show

MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

dang your avatar
    *unsubscribe
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

France was just overall better as their players are overall better, but still Ukraine had several great chances, especially Sheva. It was really dissapointing to see sad face of Blohin after France's first goal(((. But still, thanks both teams for the great match! France is already in quaterfinals. The question is from what place will they qualify?

Watching England against Sweden... well, Englands is a bit better and Carrol has just scored a goal, so it may happen that England will make Sweden say goodbye to Euro after this match.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

England's defense was more than a bit suspect at times, but all power to them for fighting back. Walcott's assist to Welbeck's backheel/whatever that was was truly beautiful.

Spoiler show

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the first time England has ever defeated Sweden in official matches but a deserved one. It was one of the best matches of the tournament, perhaps the football quality was not top-notch but both teams came back from behind to take the lead in an exciting game with five goals.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why no one was posting about the Euro's in the football thread. So the Euro's has its own thread, sweet. So far this has been an amazing tournament.

My little moments of the tournament so far:

Favourite goal: Gomez first against Holland
    Favourite miss: Ronaldo against Denmark (both haha)
    Favourite Match: England vs Sweden
    Favourite moment: This without a doubt.

I'll speak about England and the rest of the tournament so far tomorrow.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

England's best game so far. No question about it. Loved the second half. I always thought Walcott played better when he comes on as a sub than in the starting line up. Some players are just generally like that. Far from being labelled as a "super sub" at present. I hope he continues to create chances like that in the coming games. Wasn't impressed with Ashley Young's performance yesterday. Wasted too many chances and ran about like a headless chicken most of the game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Walcott, Welbeck and Oxlade in attack for the last group game against Ukraine. Let the youngins show them how it's done.

Scotty Parker is without a doubt my favourite England player. Dude is a fricking tank in midfield and never gives up. Definitely deserves more praise and credit for his efforts on the pitch.

I'm going to watch the Czech x Poland game over the Russian one. I think it'll be more entertaining with some good end to end play. As for my favourite goal so far...I just loved Pirlo's free kick against Croatia. Pirlo is still world class and he's probably my favourite all time midfielder. If I had to choose one anyway.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

England's showdown against Sweden was great, even though at some point, when Sweden took the lead I thought that Sweden could get some chance in this group, but Walcott's entrance was a desisive factor in England's victory over Sweden. I really enjoyed the game and I hope England will play like this in the last game. Even though I would route for Ukraine I wouldn't mind England winning if they play like this.
    Speaking of Sweden... well they had a great chance to change their position and become one of the leaders of the group, but when they had a lead Ibra missed his big chance and then England has got an equaliser and then England was just great.
    So now we can already say goodbye to at least one team after the second day.

And today we are going to have some interesting desisive performance in group A. I will be routing for Russia in their game against Greece. Hope they can win this one.
    And it would be interesting to see Czech Republic against Poland. Don't even know whose team among these two I like more, but czechs showed a great performance against Greece in their second game, but Poland also had a great performance in both of their games, especially on part of Levandowski and Blashakovski, so it would be great to see a good performance and to finally see what will be the final ranking in this group.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast