Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 76 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 76 Discussion / 77 Predictions

Won-jae's crew are only thugs though. His school isn't known for their martial arts, but for their skill with medicine. A complete newb(Shioon) owned his underlings by accident in pt 1 by just flailing around.

Sera was kinda pitiable this chapter, but it kind of made you want to hug her. She has become a really interesting character to me.

And a chance for Shioon to shine here and show what he would be like if he wasn't handicapped in such a way. SUC is about to get a real show.

EDIT: Also of note, is he running a fever because of the whole forcing his ki backward for the BOT, or do you think its because of that side-effect of the medicine Bae Sung-Jae gave him that was supposed to purify his ki?
    Last edited by Bludvein; June 16, 2012 at 01:59 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what im thinking right now is that the bot might be a more permanent technique not a mode

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like Shioon's condition after eating the Dan is back and i think after this and after Shioon visited Sera on the hospital he will ask the Old Granny to make his ki balance (just like what GMR is doing on the 1st part) and the granny will get surprised that his ki is really out of this world

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    They are a couple of fodder, remember in the first part when shioon almost kill them just burning ki on them? He didn't even know what was happening and the guys were laying on a blood mess.
    Any semi relevant murin could avoid a situation like that.
    Thanks. You're right. Here they are:

By the way, dizziness comes from the effects of the injections wearing off. So, he now has incredible Ki even without the injections/pills. So, the question is if this Ki is permanent or not? If not, then BOT just lets him use his Ki for an extended period of time. In that case, he'd still have to use pills prior to enter BOT.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you say that? He didn't get a ki-pill this time and still managed to use the BOT. We don't know how yet, but im sure we will soon.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    Why would you say that? He didn't get a ki-pill this time and still managed to use the BOT. We don't know how yet, but im sure we will soon.
    Given the injections let him use his Ki, they might be similar to the pills. In my opinion, they share the same active ingredient and the Doc tailored the injections to further purify the Ki. Without Ki, he couldn't enter BOT and he'd just be an angry kid (After all, you should have some Ki to begin with to make it flow backwards). So, if he didn't get his Ki back permanently, he'd still have to take the pills or injections to enter BOT.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon's body was packed full of B-grade ki (and this is just an example) whether he could use it or not. The injections further "enriched" or purified it to get the most out of the harvesting. That's all. It didn't add ki that wasn't already there or function like the previous pills.
    Last edited by Bludvein; June 16, 2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Changed some wording to make it clearer.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    Given the injections let him use his Ki, they might be similar to the pills. In my opinion, they share the same active ingredient and the Doc tailored the injections to further purify the Ki. Without Ki, he couldn't enter BOT and he'd just be an angry kid (After all, you should have some Ki to begin with to make it flow backwards). So, if he didn't get his Ki back permanently, he'd still have to take the pills or injections to enter BOT.
    But Shioon does have ki, a ton of it. He just can't distribute and use it.
    The doctor pills didn't give him ki, they would activate the ki that were stored in his body.
    I don't think that the doctor would give him injections that could activate his ki(just purify), since it would give him a chance to escape. We just have to waite and see the author explanations for his recent ki boost or how he could use BOT.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that same thing is happening last time. He took one those blood pils his body couldn't cope with the amount of ki and the 9AD had to save him so he screwed this time also he's got his ki center back im happy.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Murim's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

as it seems shiwoon can us his ki after entering BOT, even if he doesn't enter it fully. This way he can't use the whole power of BOT but also isn't loosing his mind.
    The doc gonna probably survive and return later again. In the meantime he is going to use the rest of Shiwoon's blood to enhace the S.U.C or himself (for revenge).

I don't think that Shiwoon can use his ki permanently. It is more like that BOT gives him the opportunity to use ki as long he is in BOT mode (similiar to the demonic pill). That's why there are two possibilities for him to use ki permanently with a broken ki-center:
    1) Won-Jae Hyun gonna create a good version of the demonic pill
    2) Shiwoon gonna use BOT to use his ki. At first he just enter a little bit BOT (like this time) until he accustoms to it. So step after step he gonna used to it. In the end he gonna just run in BOT mode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really like the idea of BOT being a permanent condition, at least not in its current form. Even if he can get rid of the side-effects somehow its still seems like a cheat to me, considering skill doesn't seem to really play into it. Its just purely instinctual attacks with a power upgrade thrown in, which seems like a crutch to me. His talent would be wasted on that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ah I love it when something comes out as planned:
    it is morning, I just got up, I kinda stumbled over into the kitchen being migthily tired still. Now I am back, the PC booted up and I have ma hot fix of coffeine before me, and guess what it is already out - oh the pure joy

p.s. don't modsmack me, will edit my thoughts in here once done reading
    ---
    soo,first impressions, doc got satisfyingly raped good chapter I guess, with likewise satisfyingly lots of talk that hopefully sheds some light on things, not satisfying now without trans but oh well, we shall cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm inclined to believe so far he was lucky and did not go crazy or something as obviously he's done what he could for Sera in a carying way and still is capable of having a more or less normal talk with the Ilwolmoon crew. I am curious about the dent in the boiler/steel pipe though, the idea of him smashin his head against it to come to his senses the moment he felt darkness encroaching on him has appeal ...

Not that he has any other choice, but I think him going out to face them and keeping on fighting is pushing his luck in case he intends to continue using BOT or still in a way is in it. I sure hope the Ilwolmoons have a mobile and he told them to notify Sun-Woo or Sera's folks asap. Seeing as they are embroiled in this anyways and either way Sun-Woo will find out about Ilwolmoon's part in this mess they hopefully will not object and rather do anything to help to present themselves in a good light as much as they can. Not to mention you can literally see how the clanhead doc is very much interested in Shioon's current condition. He surely did not just feel his puls to make sure he can fight just now ...

---
    now reading posts, then re-reading chapter slower XD

---
    oh lol awesomes, A3S pulling a fast one again, gonna enjoy this slowly, anyways, one thing on the comments, I agree with the critical notions some of you already vocied on bravehearts post about the doc purifying his ki - yeah he had Ki all along - but braveheart still raised a very important point:
    doc's injections might not even have been meant to work longer on the living, they were given to a specimen to be harvested, who knows how doc's incections on a body brought into the world of Murin by the very Ilwolmoon-Dan PLUS BOT on top of it all would work? It might very well be his body is indeed in a state similar to after the initial pill as even for his huge meridians the current KI-purity level might be borderline if he goes into a prolonged fight... also, the notion of seeing Sera's grandma or any other master to do some meditation/transfer tech to stabilize his Ki has likewise merit ...
    k, now for the trans, coffee #2

--- thoughts on translation
    p6 the burning: hmm is it just due to the reverse Ki flow causing him pain and it is a temporary thing due to his system and center kicking back in? Or is it due to BOT and injections? Or all three, or two of them? It does not look healthy XD

p9/10 ok he definetely shook himself out of it by hurting himself, smashing his head and by focusing on saving Sera ...

p15 "lez check that last door - BANG" - made me lol hard even having seen the raw before knowing what was about to happen XD

last page and the doc talking before that: oke, I think the fever is the physical side effects of the Ki rushing all through his body at excess and without properly balanced control, obviously his center currently DOES work in some way providing a steady flow - it's probably not one he can keep on using and it sure as hell is not a healthy one. Having read the trans I am even more inclined to believe the comparison to his state after having eaten the pill in breaker1 is completely sound. His body and Ki system has to adapt to the changes but cannot keep up with the speed and force of them. He definetly will need a master to help him stabilize after this. Sera's grandma seems to be predestined for the job with her meditation skills focus...

and the last sentence, boy that's scary, scaaaaaaaary !!!! the last sentence gives me the impression he STILL is, and WAS for the whole chap UNDER BOT - he just 'pushed it's psychological sideffects back momentarily' with willpower to save Sera, now that she is partially saved, and there are multiple enemies - and he looks even more angry - he's gonna let it rip like mad - it's gonna cost him though ^^ Man can't wait for next chapter

Oh and I sure hope that Ilwolmoon head takes a heart and CALLS SOMEBODY NOW - if not Sun-Woo at the least Sera's clan - Shioon will either need to be surpressed/put down momentarily or first-Ki-aid or maybe both after he is done with them. As for the fight, I would like him to cut through the fodders like Elder Kwon did on that road - maybe not as elegant but there WILL be broken bodies flying in all directions within an instant of him hitting their ranks - I can already smell the fear on SUC glasses guy leader from this week
    Last edited by haegar; June 16, 2012 at 05:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    ah I love it when something comes out as planned:
    it is morning, I just got up, I kinda stumbled over into the kitchen being migthily tired still. Now I am back, the PC booted up and I have ma hot fix of coffeine before me, and guess what it is already out - oh the pure joy

p.s. don't modsmack me, will edit my thoughts in here once done reading
    Same here

As for the chapter, Shiwoon saying "Trust me. My condition right now is out of this world" gave me chills, same as last chapter when he entered BOT.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

@Bludvein, @TheMoa

1. He experienced the same side effects (dizziness and exhaustion) from the injections as he did from the pills. So, it's highly likely that they share some common ingredients.

2. Black Heaven and Earth+Extreme Anger=BOT. In order to use BHE he needs to distribute Ki. Remember that we saw him practice BHE without gathering any Ki and then Shioon accepted that his Ki center was really destroyed. If he can enter BOT it means he could use BHE which means he could utilize/distribute Ki (which was only possible with the pills up until now).

3. The Doc especially pointed out that the chair was "special". Given how his school deals with human subjects, they might have built a chair with special materials to keep down the people who can use Ki.

In summary, I still think that since he could enter BOT, the injections basically consist of pills and some other materials to purify Ki.

By the way, only half of the SUC troops confronted Shioon. So, the Cool Guy and the other half must be planning something else. Maybe they're gonna attack from the behind? Maybe they're gonna show up after Shioon runs out of Ki only to be rescued by elder Kwon and/or Jinie.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely hope Shioon is/was not under BOT. I think he is not mature (in terms of martial arts discipline) enough to be able/allowed to use it.

As shown in the first part of Breaker, entering BOT puts the user in a trance fueled with emotions and that makes it difficult for the user to get out of it. Shioon's state in the chapter feels like a pseudo BOT, not a complete technique but still devastating to an average Joe. So, I hope there is lots to go for Shioon before actually mastering the BOT.

There are a lot of characters who do not have a set history or facetime yet. Ending this part of Breaker here by closing everything up would be a very poor choice by the author. From this setting, I feel that the ending should involve Shioon going berserk on BOT (for whatever reason, hopefully a sensible one) and his master coming in to save him from madness. It would be a fitting ending that is in-tune with the first part.
    Breaker Artist's Blog's Official RSS Feed: here
    Breaker2's Official Release RSS Feed: here
    Breaker2 RAWs: here
    Naver Browser: here

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast