Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 500 (2) , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2003

Thread: Growing Like Fingernails

  1. #1231
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    No, I exactly pointed out the polar opposite side of this. It's those who are weaklings that resort to intimidation moves.
    If you read into it a bit, there's no way a witty person will get intimidated easily, regardless of his / her power. That's what I meant.
    Ah. Well sometimes intimidation is unintentional you know? Someone who is large and imposing can't really help that fact.

  2. #1232
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Ah. Well sometimes intimidation is unintentional you know? Someone who is large and imposing can't really help that fact.
    Ah, I guess it's a pain for those, but I would never get to really see into this in detail with that skinny body of mine
    Aside from the scoliosis-like symptoms, I haven't had any headaches about that, though. I should settle down with what I have, perhaps.

    And accept the intimidation.

  3. #1233
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It was as expected for the most part. But with you not agreeing with my statement, I expected you to offer that information freely since you deem it inconsequential.

    I didn't mean for you necessarily. But size is generally considered so.

    Maybe I will, but I won't make any promises.
    Hmm. It is actually hard to consider what is intimidating and what's not until we actually face it. You might be bigger than me, but since I can't see you... well. *shrug*

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

    ...and here you guys, talking about intimidation. Haha.

  4. #1234
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Hmm. It is actually hard to consider what is intimidating and what's not until we actually face it. You might be bigger than me, but since I can't see you... well. *shrug*

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

    ...and here you guys, talking about intimidation. Haha.
    I wasn't talking about you being intimidated by me. I don't think it would be that easy for a person to intimidate you, with how you're speaking about it. It was more of the other way around and just teasing. I wasn't being serious necessarily. But considering I think you're about a foot shorter than me, I just found the idea somewhat humorous. But that doesn't mean I couldn't be intimidated by you, and I think you might already have an opinion on that yourself

  5. #1235
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I wasn't talking about you being intimidated by me. I don't think it would be that easy for a person to intimidate you, with how you're speaking about it. It was more of the other way around and just teasing. I wasn't being serious necessarily. But considering I think you're about a foot shorter than me, I just found the idea somewhat humorous. But that doesn't mean I couldn't be intimidated by you, and I think you might already have an opinion on that yourself
    Words generally eclipse the effect of appearance when it comes to intimidation. That's the way I love, at least. Sometimes it gives me a chance to be a scary person.
    That's how it works in basketball. Talent > size.

    Talking about intimidation itself and not giving a damn to it is more intimidating than size. It's natural talent.

  6. #1236
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I wasn't talking about you being intimidated by me. I don't think it would be that easy for a person to intimidate you, with how you're speaking about it. It was more of the other way around and just teasing. I wasn't being serious necessarily. But considering I think you're about a foot shorter than me, I just found the idea somewhat humorous. But that doesn't mean I couldn't be intimidated by you, and I think you might already have an opinion on that yourself
    Actually some people manage to intimidate me, especially the extrovert people. I don't want to be intimidating, but sometimes I just can't help it. I have a barbed tongue.

    ---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Words generally eclipse the effect of appearance when it comes to intimidation. That's the way I love, at least. Sometimes it gives me a chance to be a scary person.
    That's how it works in basketball. Talent > size.

    Talking about intimidation itself and not giving a damn to it is more intimidating than size. It's natural talent.
    Sometimes I think intimidation is all about aura. Scary aura can be intimidating. Silence can also work.

  7. #1237
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Sometimes I think intimidation is all about aura. Scary aura can be intimidating. Silence can also work.
    It depends on the nature of the silence. It can be sheepish, then, being a 7-footer would barely matter, if at all.
    Or it may be an enhanced silence with the added staring, insolent attitude; a complete red aura. It is a near-guaranteed success.

  8. #1238
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Actually some people manage to intimidate me, especially the extrovert people. I don't want to be intimidating, but sometimes I just can't help it. I have a barbed tongue.
    Extroverted people intimidate you? In what manner?

  9. #1239
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Extroverted people intimidate you? In what manner?
    She's used to introverted people that don't talk back to her.

    Maybe she knows some of those really hyper guys that just go all clingy?

    /jk
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  10. #1240
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    She's used to introverted people that don't talk back to her.

    Maybe she knows some of those really hyper guys that just go all clingy?

    /jk
    Ohhhh SNAP

    But I think someone who's especially forward could intimidate most people, so not sure.

  11. #1241
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Not as much intimidation as freak out I suppose. I would assume the latter is more probable, in the cases that they are really direct, so to speak. Of course I don't mean freaking out as in grabbing your head and scream out, but you know, more like tiresome, disturbing etc.

    But I guess you can feel intimidated if extroverted people have a really strong presence. I'm rather extroverted myself so I rarely feel like someone else completely dominates me.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  12. #1242
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Not as much intimidation as freak out I suppose. I would assume the latter is more probable, in the cases that they are really direct, so to speak. Of course I don't mean freaking out as in grabbing your head and scream out, but you know, more like tiresome, disturbing etc.

    But I guess you can feel intimidated if extroverted people have a really strong presence. I'm rather extroverted myself so I rarely feel like someone else completely dominates me.



    I don't consider myself extroverted or introverted. I'm both at different times. But some people have said they're felt intimidated by me at first when they don't know me. I guess it depends on what day it is. Then when they get to know me better they end up surprised in some way. Hard to explain I guess, I don't really get it myself.

  13. #1243
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Oh you

    Quite the self-reflection you got there. Interesting.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  14. #1244
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Oh you

    Quite the self-reflection you got there. Interesting.
    You're so condescending...

    It's not self-reflection at all really. My self-reflection is......LEAVE ME ALONE

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #1245
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a neverending debt.

    I am?

    Heh
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Thread Closed
Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts