Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which matches would you like to see?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible matches discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Oni vs Yukimura: Not only BJK but also Oni's next move would be returned. Probably it would be a long rally and Oni getting in a dream or yipped, I don't see Oni overcoming yips tough. Irie's stronger than Oni mentally, so Irie would be dangerous if Yukimura's yips won't work, but I don't think Oni would give that much trouble.

The only thing that can make him win is his off-the charts power, but Yukimura showed that he can return every shot, no matter what, so I don't know what Oni would do.
    Yukimura could return every shot POT he's not gonna be able to SPOT. I just don't see Yukimura beating Oni as he is right now.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I cant remember the result between Saeki and Fuji Yuuta though. I know a St.Rudolph VS Rokkaku friendly took place in the story.
    Saeki lost, there is no exact score provided though.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    Yukimura could return every shot POT he's not gonna be able to SPOT. I just don't see Yukimura beating Oni as he is right now.
    Why not? If Yukimura returned Super Megaton Deluxe Mountain Storm from Kintaro and then Ryoma like it was a piece of cake, why do you think Black Jack Knife will be extremely different?
    When Kintaro used it on Hakamada Izou to finish off his match, did you see how Hakamada couldnt walk?

Yukimura returned that with his jacket on his shoulders. Its not out there.
    Oni is a character made to be defeated by a Middle Schooler eventually. Im guessing it will be Akutsu.

Yukimura returning every special technique and returning ''every shot'' seems to be misunderstood.
    It means the special shots like techinques, Fuu, Rin, Rai, Ka, Kamikakushi, Abare Dama, Big Bang etc. Not ''every shot''.

If he could return every shot, he wouldnt be Demi God he would be actual God/Jesus now wouldnt he?

It means techniques like Black Jack Knife shouldnt really be effective. Unless you think Black Jack Knife is a technique that is above Rai.
    We cant be sure which is a better technique as of yet. The likes of Momoshiro Takeshi is able to use it.
    Not a chance in hell Momo could use Rai though.

If Oni gets yipped, then the match is over. Yips has changed. It doesnt put the user in a state where he feels desperate and losing. It now relaxes the user and makes him think he has won, when in reality he is getting his ass kicked without him knowing. Preventing the victim of Yips from becoming desperate and developing an Aura.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Saeki lost, there is no exact score provided though.
    Thanks
    So Fuji Yuuta > Saeki Kojiro.

It just confirms how awful he is really.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura's special abillly isn't "to return every shot." He's just technical enough to see through the dynamics of a lot of the super-exaggerated moves that Ryoma used on him. If he could return every shot then he would've returned all of Ryoma's speed serves via PoP.

Yukimura's just that great a player. If Ryoma never used PoP it's a given that he would've lost.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like Airgrimes said, Yukimura probably would return all of Oni's shots. After that, Oni would get, into Yukimura's world where he thinks that he's winning and then the reality shows Yukimura completely overwhelming him and 6-0 all the way. Oni isn't the kind of player, from what I've seen, to have a strong mental. Irie is the HS of the HS trio who has the highest mental, obviously, the yips wouldn't be effective against him, however, Oni isn't mentally as strong as Irie.

However, that doesn't make him any stronger than Yukimura. I'm sure that Yukimura would return Oni's B.Tomahawk even if he sacrifices some points. Oni isn't getting out of Yukimura's improved yips, no way.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; June 17, 2012 at 06:17 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved their match. Yeah, Amane was/is/was cool. Dunno if he will ever have a match in the storyline ever again so I think he is amongst the many forgotten bros.
    Forgotten bros examples: Sengoku, Oshitari. Y, Shishido, Fuji. Y, Ibu etc.
    Don't name them, I miss this guys Konomi you bastard...

Being a 1st Year captain only made me respect the team less. You think I could be a lot older than my captain in a school team?? Especially when the little kid isnt even the best in the club? F*ck no.
    That's the reason I liked Kentarou, the old misteryous guy trusted this little moron, so I thought "Oh, this guy is gonna be important in the future..." but Konomi had other plans (Konomi you bastard again -.- )

Listen, Hiyoshi > Aoi. Anyday. Whether you like Hiyoshi or not. That is the case.
    Mizuki VS Aoi, would be a good match. Nothing suggests Aoi really improved from Regionals to now. While Mizuka has access to U-17 Camp training.

To be fair to Hiyoshi, he has only faced awesome opponents. (Although his apparent loss to Amane is an embarassment.)

How many people can defeat Atobe and Ryoma? NOT MANY. So he hasnt done that badly.
    Wakashi is PoT's Yamcha, enough said.

If he could return every shot, he wouldnt be Demi God he would be actual God/Jesus now wouldnt he?
    A Jesus character would be cool lol, just imagine Ryoma against this guy

Spoiler show

Ryoma loosing 6-0, looks like a miracle, and the episode ends with this face:

Spoiler show

Yeah, Jews of Tennis FTW.
    Last edited by Hardy; June 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    A Jesus character would be cool lol, just imagine Ryoma against this guy

Spoiler show

Ryoma loosing 6-0, looks like a miracle, and the episode ends with this face:

Spoiler show

Yeah, Jews of Tennis FTW.
    Dafuq did I just read lol.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Dafuq did I just read lol.
    hahaha that's weird

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which matches would you like to see?

...my imagination had no limits apparently And holy crap I hated Wakashi a lot

Anyway, let's revive this thread.

I used to hope that, instead of getting just Tokugawa vs Byoudouin, we would get an 8 man tournament to decide the no.1 spot (Oni, Byoudouin, Ryoma, Tokugawa, Irie, Kintarou, Yukimura and... I dunno, Fuji after a huge improvement to defeat PoP ). It would end up being something like this:

Spoiler show

Other than that, I'd love to see Jirou or Sengoku play against a decent tier character (Kabaji doesn't count) and actually win.

And Zaizen. At least against a wall. Like, seriously, just give him a tennis racquet.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    And Zaizen. At least against a wall. Like, seriously, just give him a tennis racquet.
    This made me laugh too hard.
    I really want a Sanada/Atobe doubles match(and I think there''s a good chance it will happen,right?).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Korean Kuroko: Atobe/Sanada doubles happened in one of the filler episodes of the original anime.

On topic, I'd like to see Yukimura vs Byodoin. Best HS vs best MS. If Yukimura can see though every shot, he should be able to see through Byodoin's techniques but probably won't have enough power to return it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Best MS are three way between Echizen, Kintarou, and Tezuka right now. Yukimura is shown to doesn't have an easy win against even a mere #11. And Sanada, with Black aura upgrade, just got whoop hard by #2 6-0 2 match in a row.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about this for a while but I want an old match to happen. I was wondering who would win between nationals Yukimura and Nationals Tezuka?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Best MS are three way between Echizen, Kintarou, and Tezuka right now. Yukimura is shown to doesn't have an easy win against even a mere #11. And Sanada, with Black aura upgrade, just got whoop hard by #2 6-0 2 match in a row.
    I thought Yukimura''s match was pretty one sided in his favor.

@ChinkyCandie: I want current Atobe/Sanada with Atobe Kingdom and Black Aura(That sounds like a pretty frightening team to me).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Korean Kuroko: Hahaha good point there. That would be an awesome doubles pair.

@ Ken: I would suspect Yukimura is the best MS since he is termed as "Demigod". Others don't have a fancy nickname like that. The only thing that we've seen that could defeat him was PoP. Without it, Echizen/Kintaro are no match for him. We're not sure about Tezuka though.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast