Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

36 48.65%
  • Good!

24 32.43%
  • Regular

3 4.05%
  • Boring...

3 4.05%
  • Bad!

8 10.81%
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

As it looks now Wendy won't be able to take this girl down as she still seems pretty week even with doubling her magic power by Ultear and learning two new Secret DS moves...
    Wendy looks already pretty exausted and injured, so I doubt she will last long, especially as she has close to none battle experience and is also younger than any other DS.
    Still, we might at least learn more about God Slayers if the girl really is one as it seems that they are real. Maybe Godslayer is an actual upgrade of DS?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    you absolutely certain about "god slayer" part? if yes then its interesting.
    Because the furigana says "God Slayer". So I'm 100% positive.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

to think that lamia scale got their hands on such a rarety as a GS plus they got Jura, not bad

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok.... the last page is interesting. Let's hope the scanlations come out soon.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The pictures were just so lovely. I love the scene of Wendy eating air, it was so cute! Her new moves were pretty amazing too. I wonder if Chelia was really Chelia. She seemed questionable by the end of chapter since Jellal went where the tournament was despite the danger and Doranbolt noticed him. I can't wait for the translations to come out!

SO many things may happen. One the tournament, from the looks of it might be stopped because it feels like all the mess is starting to unfold already. Since the chapter was amazing and at the same time beat up Wendy, I wonder if Wendy could beat Chelia? Jellal being there, his thoughts and the seriousness in his expression is disturbing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

am i the only one who isnt happy about her being a God Slayer? :/
    It was supposed to be Lost Magic, rare and forgotten but shes the second now. Most likely Orga being the third. In a few more arcs we will have fodder with god slayer lacrymas

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuja View Post
    am i the only one who isnt happy about her being a God Slayer? :/
    It was supposed to be Lost Magic, rare and forgotten but shes the second now. Most likely Orga being the third. In a few more arcs we will have fodder with god slayer lacrymas
    well it is rare but we should atleast get to see god slayer of each element no?

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

its out ft chap

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get some of the pictures is she healing herself back up cause she got beat down at the end only to get up looking untouched ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy... ghostexiled's gonne be mad on me. T_T I didn't mean to start a discussion.

Spoiler show

BTW, mangateers has the chapter on english.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the raws should be out soon right? we arent on break this week are we?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    well it is rare but we should atleast get to see god slayer of each element no?
    Yeah but 3 in 2 arcs is a tad much and not really rare xD

So Wendy is out of magic power now, kinda like natsu when he nullified his magic power to eat the god flames. Wonder if Wendy can eat Shelia's Air next chap.

Hope Mashima wont let the fight end with a punch, because of the next chapter title "small fist". Kinda doesnt fit Wendy or Shelia to knock out someone with a punch xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Cr*p, Wendy's in trouble. Should've seen the Sky God Slayer Magic coming, since everybody is suddenly a God or Dragon Slayer. I'm wondering why Chelia took Wendy's attack, when she could have eaten it. Either way, Wendy needs to either learn to eat Sky God Slayer Magic, or use her secret technique again if she's going to win this, though I doubt she will.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. Now it is clear zancrow was not batshit insane (at least his magic was god slayer magic) and with this we have 3 actual god slayers in the manga, each matching a DS. Somehow I can't wait for the metal DS to appear. If sting and rogue are light and darkness DS then it would be interesting to see them fighting darkness and light god slayers too. Black darkness and black light?

As for the fight, I am kinda surprised it wasn't even more one sided. When natsu fought zancrow the bottom line was that zancrow had the superior flame and thus could eat anything natsu could throw at him. In this case wendy's attacks were actually able to hurt shelia rather than being eaten by her which makes for a huge difference. Maybe the situation with natsu and zancrow was just a difference in skill and between more even opponents the GS magic is not actually superior to DS magic but rather they are actually even but merely work better against different creatures.

Now, what I wonder is why exactly wendy does not heal as she fights. Shelia clearly has the ability to do so so why is wendy having those problems? Does that have something to do with milky way magic? Or maybe she simply hasn't mastered the whole eating air thing yet? It would be interesting for her to master this, she would be able to theoretically heal people non stop. Such a thing would have made a huge difference back in the grimmoire heart arc for example. Now, the issue wendy and theoretically shelia would have here is that to actually finish the slayer with sky magic is that they would need to one shot the enemy otherwise the simply heal and have to start over. Of course, the implication of this is that the wind slayer is objectively better than any other slayer since their element is always there to heal them and power their attacks(perhaps other elements can simply burn the air around her but still...). To win this fight wendy needs to be able to eat the sky. Maybe once she is able to eat the air around her she will be able to muster the power to use her other magic and defeat shelia.

The last part was exceptionally interesting. With this we have evidence to suggest god slayer magic is somehow related to zeref's magic. Now, does this imply zeref is using god slayer magic hence the similarity with shelia's? Of course, gerard did not actually get the same feeling from orga's magic.... But perhaps wind magic is in itself special. If I recall everyone felt something special about wendy's magic when she first appeared. Now, the other issue here is that so far it would seem as if zeref is the DS of acknologia. So where exactly do creatures that are called gods come in here?

The whole thing got me thinking once again about the tartarus guild. In mythology, tartarus was a prison for the titans. I can't help but feeling this guild will be related to the god slayers and perhaps actually have something to do with an actual god.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.
    Dunno is that actually makes sense lol. It doesn't even seem like they use a similar magic. I mean, zeref just seemed to eat away life around him, shelia and wendy merely manipulate the wind and the sky. Its in principle different.

What if zeref is both, a GS and a DS? Just a thought and such a thing would allow him to use stuff similar to when natsu ate zancrow's fire.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

orga was surprised by the god slayer girl he also uses black lightning and shelias attack were black he is probably a god slayer as well. and i think wendy will somehow master milky way in the fight and beat shelia.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

i think zeref is god and thought shelia god slayer magic

New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast