Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

36 48.65%
  • Good!

24 32.43%
  • Regular

3 4.05%
  • Boring...

3 4.05%
  • Bad!

8 10.81%
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.
    Mashima never rly explained magic and its relation. He also never went into detail when its comes to fighting. Therefore I never rly understood the powerlevel in Fairy Tail, as it seems he only cares for the outcome of the fights, but not for the battle itself.

I agree, Laxus fared better against Hades, than Macarov did. So based on that, can we assume Laxus is stronger than his grandfather? I don't know. I know for a fact that this simple power-system of A > B > C doesn't work in many manga I read. Heck, it doesn't even work with Pokemon, as far as I remember. But Im honestly not sure about Fairy Tail. Mashimas lack of explanation is one of FTs biggest flaw, imo.

Anyway, I gave up on powerscaling in FT and I rly don't care how Laxus does against Mac and Gildarts. My concern is about Ivan. He shouldn't go down with one attack. I rly hope Ivan played weak for some reason. If Mashima destroys another potential great villain, Im not seeing any future for myself with this manga.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Mashima never rly explained magic and its relation. He also never went into detail when its comes to fighting. Therefore I never rly understood the powerlevel in Fairy Tail, as it seems he only cares for the outcome of the fights, but not for the battle itself.

I agree, Laxus fared better against Hades, than Macarov did. So based on that, can we assume Laxus is stronger than his grandfather? I don't know. I know for a fact that this simple power-system of A > B > C doesn't work in many manga I read. Heck, it doesn't even work with Pokemon, as far as I remember. But Im honestly not sure about Fairy Tail. Mashimas lack of explanation is one of FTs biggest flaw, imo.

Anyway, I gave up on powerscaling in FT and I rly don't care how Laxus does against Mac and Gildarts. My concern is about Ivan. He shouldn't go down with one attack. I rly hope Ivan played weak for some reason. If Mashima destroys another potential great villain, Im not seeing any future for myself with this manga.
    Dunno what Ivan said at the end to Laxus, but it could be his scheme... Maybe even this defeat is staged, who knows... But too bad for Ivan, even for a villain he sucked, Erigor had still better charisma than him

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Laxus you are the man! Damn!

He beat all of them, Makarov told him some sort of secret and now we even get RT being arrested. I'm beginning to think that they actually wanted to be arrested. I can't think that they are this weak. But well, they might be.

Mavis is pissed! Look at her face!

And then the little imp guy was going to do something. What exactly?

Now it's Wendy vs the Klutz from Lamia Scale xD

Zeref's power? Really? Wow this is going to be good

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.
    The thing is, Laxus vs Hades says very little about Laxus's power level compared to the others. Laxus may have gotten more hits in than anyone else, but one attack that Natsu was able to casually tank brought him to hiis knees. And Laxus had the advantage of not being stunned by facing his former master like Makarov did, and of not starting the fight injured and exhausted like Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, and Wendy did.

So we still can't say he's at Gildarts level, much less that he's surpassed Makarov.This does less to hype Laxus, and more to deflate Raven Tail and Ivan's hype and make them look like weaklings.

Especially as Raven Tail being ousted means someone has to fight twice the next day, which likely means Sabertooth's vs FTA, and Sabertooth vs FTB, and if Laxus has a real fight vs Orga instead of a curb stomp, then he definitely wouldn't be Gildarts level.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Iwan goes down in one hit? Really? That's kinda lame... I mean he's a Guild Master and Makarov's son. On the plus side, I didn't care much about this fight, so I'm glad it's over with quickly! :P And we got to see Laxus be a bad-ass, even though he seemingly only used a fraction of his power.

Anyone notice Orga's approving look on page 12? I smell a Lightning Dragon vs Black Lightning match brewing... Smells... kinda crispy.

EDIT: Damnit, next week's a Wendy chapter.

EDIT 2: If the points get reassigned retro-actively because RT have been eliminated then they'll end up going like this:
    They came 2nd in Hidden, so everyone but Sabertooth (1st place) goes up one position.
    FT1 will get 10 points for Lucy's fight.
    They came second in Chariot, so everyone but Quatro Puppy (1st) goes up one position.
    Lamia Scale gets 10 points for the second day battle portion.

I think this would put the scores as follows:
    Sabertooth: 35
    Mermaid Heel: 35
    Lamia Scale: 34
    Fairy Tail A: 34
    Fairy Tail B: 22
    Blue Pegasus: 21
    Quatro Puppy: 15
    I think Ogra is a Lightning God Slayer, similar to the Fire God Slayer we saw last arc - but likely stronger. It will be a good match. Most of the matches are pretty obvious by now. We know gray is gonna fight that girly man guy and the swords lady from mermaid vs. Erza is inevitable as well.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Mashima has done it again...
    RT were thrashed like babies, and they have waited for so long and trained so hard only to get beaten like that. Ivan who's supposed to be the rival of Gildartz isn't even stronger than his son. Ivan is a disappointment so far.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

what some of you are saying here doesn't make any sense to me..

Makarov Vs HADES: He was shocked to fight his previous master. This is why he was trashed. (YOU SAY)

Laxus Vs Ivan: Ivan was shocked to see what he thought as "Weak Son" strong and kicking his guild members ass, so this is why he was trashed.

Then why some of you are upset for Ivan to take that fall. Its the same thing here ...... LOL

More likely Erza fans, and now its obvious Erza is not even near Laxus level
    Dreyar Style

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This wasn't awesome. It was horrible. Ever since Ivan was first mentioned, we were teased with Raven Tails Powers. Up till now they were one of the favorites of the tournament. And now all of them, including their guild master were completely trashed? WTF!

I mean, right now the entire Raven Tail plot feels completely pointless! I really hope Raven Tail just played weak.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys please remember to discuss the chapter and not start comparing who is stronger than who... we already have a couple of threads dedicated to that discussion.

Thanks!

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't over, there will be another twist. Maybe the little thing that escaped is after laxus lightning dragon lacrima.. all in all i'm disappointed by the outcome a bit, because i also thought that ivan has to be at a way higher level (maybe laxus got some critical information about their powers from gajeel?).. i don't care for the other RT members because they really didn't seem to be that powerful all in all.. except for their cheating power. i'm still curious how nullpudding cheated in the first competition.

I can totally live with Laxus owning the 4 members.. well maybe it was a bit too easy, but i can't see laxus struggling one second against opponents like that girl with her hair magic who nearly lost against lucy (nothing against lucy, but laxus is a complete different level).

Maybe he also got ultear-boosted?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Darklord_NS's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Chapter is out at Mangateers Enjoy it

http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail/287/

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then why some of you are upset for Ivan to take that fall. Its the same thing here ......
    Because Makarov getting trashed hyped up the villain of the arc who'd been hooveing in the background for some time, where as Ivan getting trashed deflates the hype of a villain of the arc, and the only one of the villains who'd been hoovering in the background for some time. Rather than make it so that Laxus is at Gildarts level, it says Ivan was never even close to Gildarts level.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurohitsugi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    This wasn't awesome. It was horrible. Ever since Ivan was first mentioned, we were teased with Raven Tails Powers. Up till now they were one of the favorites of the tournament. And now all of them, including their guild master were completely trashed? WTF!

I mean, right now the entire Raven Tail plot feels completely pointless! I really hope Raven Tail just played weak.
    I agree. It's funny how a single chapter destroyed a whole arc/subplot about Raven Tail, Makarov-Ivan-Laxus and even Gajeel. No need to mention that it took out a fearsome (at least till now) team from the Tournament. It was a disappointment.

Fairy Tail's OPness makes me wanna support Sabertooth now.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Either Ivan took the fall on purpose after realising that Laxus didn't know anything in order to try to get his son to turn against FT, or he really was that weak in which case I'll be very disappointed. Mashima doesn't really care much for power levels I know, but this is just stupid. RT and Ivan have been hyped up for so long now and when we finally get to see the father vs son match we get this? Ivan was supposed to be Gildarts' rival and Makarov's son, he managed to fool everyone in the stadium with his illusion magic including the likes of Mavis and Makarov, and yet he was essentially fodder against Laxus? Doesn't make sense.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

very disappointed by rt and especially ivan. i thought he was going to be gildartz level.... and how apart from obra were they anti fairy tail magics? i wouldnt even say obras was unless it only works on ft members. so very lame. so shelia has zerefs power? thats what i got from the last part of the chapter.

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast