Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

36 48.65%
  • Good!

24 32.43%
  • Regular

3 4.05%
  • Boring...

3 4.05%
  • Bad!

8 10.81%
New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Spoiler Thread

Haha, no need to be so disapointed about RT, the RT plot wasn't the main plot pf this arc to begin with (the main plain being the arcadios knight's plan). I believe that this was just a little introduction of RT and that they'll be the main villain in another arc.
    Nice chapter anyway, Laxus just showed us how badass he is.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I still think that RT has something else going on... if not RT as a whole, Ivan mos def.

When a bad guy gets dragged off laughing... that usually means he has something else going on and or planned.

So as the old saying goes... lets not crap on the series/arc until it concludes with its current plot points.
    Agreed.

Not to mention the imp, and Mavis + Crime Sorciére noticing something and then CS saying it was the dark power they usually felt.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

RT loosing like that is a little bit convenient. They can always do that outside the ring but why put up a show? One of their goals I guess is to sow doubt to Laxus who is also eyed as the future leader of FT. As a previous dark guild they probably also know what is really going on behind scene of this tournament. The timing of RT loss just syncs-up to what is going on in the background. Their real plan should continue while they are taken away by the guards. Perhaps they are also trying to confirm if Laxus knows something about Lumen Etoile which could possibly stop what the antagonist is brewing (which they are planning to take over or take advantage with). Lastly the anti FT team is not for Laxus but Makarov who could probably cast or use the Lumen Etoile.

... or just crazy things happen as usual. I really like the pacing though. Everyone has a screen time and not boring at the same time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Fairy Tail B has been disqualified? Have I misread something or is this a mistranslation?
    Yes, it's mistranslated. In jap version, it's said about RavenTail was disqualified.^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Iwan and Raven Tail, they know too much about FT to be thrown out of the story and that little imp from RT got away. Am I the only one that think is was pretty dumb of Luxus to out Gajeel as a double agent?

I am curious to know if the power that Mavis felt from Chelia is the same that Ultear and the others felt. They always talked about a dark power that feels like Zeref but they have never seen what makes that power, maybe Arcadios gives some of the contestants dark powers without their knowledged.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lionheart555's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted epic for the chapter. And once again, Fairy Tail just trumps the big three jump mangas in interesting story. I couldn't care about Raven Tail either seeing as the major antagonist in this plot has yet to come into the open. Raven Tail did have a good buildup but they were satisfactorily trumped today by Laxus, who is no weakling in any regard.

Best things I heard all day

"This is for Gray" vs Narpudding
    "This is for Lucy" vs that chick forgot her name already

Vs Kurohebi, I could die laughing
    "My Family is Fairy Tail" --- fitting end to this fight

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't buy this chapter. In particular, I don't buy that ivan would be this weak and if anything it would make sense for him to be every bit as strong as gildarts. Heck, raven tail apparently had enough power before the timeskip to actually be a considerable force against the dark guilds, it simply does not add up. I think the whole arc as far as ravel tail goes has been a ploy for this particular fight and more importantly I believe ivan got away with it. I think the key lies in the way ivan attacked laxus. He basically threw thousands of little papers at him. What if among those papers there were a few which got stuck to laxus and perhaps others without anyone noticing? Its a bit cliche but I think it would make sense. Odds are that after this makarov will decide to tell laxus about lumen histore and at that moment the little pieces of paper which hypothetically got stuck will do their job. Perhaps ivan planned as far ahead as actually creating a situation where laxus could get a decent bit of extra trust from makarov.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    while I acknowledge Laxus = Boss and am happy for his glory it got tarnished a bit by Raven Tail being an utter disappointment. What a friggin letdown, he didn't have to go serious one bit. And a master, Makarov's son at that getting oneshotted by a slayer without even using more advanced DS attack let alone full Dragon Force? You gotta be shitting me what a whimp - and this guy felt Laxus was "too weak" back in the day? LMAO GTFO

more importantly, the Laxus hype distracts from the real shit going down here:
    Spoiler: tentative points in case show
    If the two are connected then you're a genius.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I feared most would happen happened. RT got curbstomped, even Ivan and Obra. The other 3 getting curbstomped is fine, but Obra and even Ivan? What the hell.......what was the point? Gajeel serving as a double agent for RT, that already ended up being pointless thanks to the 7 year time skip, but I didn't think RT itself would be pointless. After all that hype about what kind of magic Obra uses, we don't even see him actually use it, and Ivan gets defeated by a generic punch after Laxus delivers a speech about family.

Ivan is the son of Makarov, the father of Laxus, was thrown out of FT and developed a counter guild to defeat FT, plotted for years, and THAT'S how he goes down? Mashima didn't even make the interaction between Laxus and Ivan interesting. In the flashback back in the Star Festival arc, Laxus was angry that Ivan was kicked out. Now, he doesn't give a rats ass at all. How the hell were these guys in first place anyway? These were Raven Tails ELITE? How the hell are they supposed to counter Fairy Tail? Laxus just made all of them look like total trash. Why can't Mashima actually make a fight epic in this arc? Or at least without ruining it? Seriously, even Laxus' fight was a letdown. Couldn't Ivan vs Laxus at least have been a good fight?

I understand that it seems they'll return, but if Ivan is that easily defeated and that much of a pussy that he had to beg his son for mercy, then it's not much to look forward too. Mashima just can't make good antagonists.
    Last edited by exacta; June 15, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I still think that RT has something else going on... if not RT as a whole, Ivan mos def.

When a bad guy gets dragged off laughing... that usually means he has something else going on and or planned.

So as the old saying goes... lets not crap on the series/arc until it concludes with its current plot points.
    We can hope. He's certainly setting up something with Obra's imp, and it wouldn't make sense for the start of Ivan's real plan to be "demand the location of Lumen Histoire from someone that has good reason to have not been told, then beat him up as a group and call it a day with no fall back plan if he doesn't know."

It'd be quite disappointing if the imp is working for someone else and this is it for Raven Tail given their build up.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be honest I don't buy this chapter. In particular, I don't buy that ivan would be this weak and if anything it would make sense for him to be every bit as strong as gildarts. Heck, raven tail apparently had enough power before the timeskip to actually be a considerable force against the dark guilds, it simply does not add up. I think the whole arc as far as ravel tail goes has been a ploy for this particular fight and more importantly I believe ivan got away with it. I think the key lies in the way ivan attacked laxus. He basically threw thousands of little papers at him. What if among those papers there were a few which got stuck to laxus and perhaps others without anyone noticing? Its a bit cliche but I think it would make sense. Odds are that after this makarov will decide to tell laxus about lumen histore and at that moment the little pieces of paper which hypothetically got stuck will do their job. Perhaps ivan planned as far ahead as actually creating a situation where laxus could get a decent bit of extra trust from makarov.
    Pretty good theory you've got there.

And thinking about it a bit further, Ivan created a situation where not only will Laxus get a bit more trust from Makarov, but one that Laxus is more likely to question Makarov on the subject of Lumen Histoire and ask why Ivan called it Fairy Tail's dark secret etc. Excellent situation for Makarov to tell him everything, including it's location.
    Last edited by Krono; June 15, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn...when Laxus punched Ivan I almost punched my labtop screen...that was close

Dying to find out what Makarov told Laxus, and what Ivan told Laxus in the end.

Mostly dying to find out the reason behind Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy faces in the end.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.
    hmmmmmmm i dont know about that, gildarts went toe to toe with the acknowlegia dragon (if i remember right) now he did get torn up pretty bad, but he survived. i think that laxus is probably the second strongest, for now, behind gildarts

but i think natsu will eventually surpass them both , as he appears to be the main hero

but for now its probably something like

gildarts>makarov>laxus=mystogan/jallal>erza=natsu>gajeel>everyone else

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Haegar nice noticing it, but why would Zeref be masked as that imp and more importantly why would he be with RT?
    As Ivan has kindly supplied the information that Lumen histoire/etoile is some dark secret I lean towards it having to do with Zeref himself, his source of power or the reason for his demise back in the day rather than FT nakama in truth being revealed to be the darkest of magics.
    Regardless of that line of thought FT has by now proven itself to be the strongest guild participating, Zeref might easily use the tournament as an opportunity to check out the powerlevel of potential opponents, plus his Arcadios goon is interested in Celestial Mages and FT has the strongest with Lucy. Hooking up with RT undercover would be best opportunity to get info on FT as Ivan is obsessed with them anyways.
    In addition, ever since we found out Zeref was on Tenroujima I was waiting for some Mavis/Zeref connection. Somehow FT is guarding either knowledge or power that can hurt him or that he wants back as it was taken from him. Plus, being on a roll here, leaning myself out of the window very far I hearby call MavisXZeref("good" alter ego) ship in the past

P.S I am beginning to think that Lumen Etoile is either connected to or IS the gate Arcadios is talking about that he wants to open - maybe a way for Zeref to unleash his horrors and change the nature of magic like he did back in the day? And there seems to be a celestial angle, somehow I put Mavis /possible fairy as close to celstial spirits /Mages ...somehting has to be there that connects, probably I got the details waaaay of but there is some connection, I swear

/endeditrant

edit2: oups that was BS I sprouted there, since Arkadios constructed that eclipse gate it can't really be the same as Lumen, can it? .. well, still, maybe they are kinda connected or antagonist or I dunno...I think I am rambling
    Last edited by haegar; June 15, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

I never tought Laxus would have such an easy time, I guess Mashima just loves to troll us expectations.

I mean, Kubo got his Final Arc serious so somebody had to fill in for the job of troll king.

Seriously tough, there are a lot of reasons for Raven Tail's poor performance and I will point them out.

The major reason is Gajeel.

Ivan trusted him and based RT's strategy and powers around his flawed information.

I always though it was strange how RT had such weird magic when previous antagonists had their core members armed with something incredibly haxor.

Because Gajeel lied about the kind of magic FT uses and the weakness of their members, Ivan spent the last 7 years training his guild in the wrong sort of magic that would be the least effective on FT rather than being the perfect counter.

I knew something was wrong when Flare couldn't handle even Lucy without cheating.

The second reason is that Ivan has powerful suport magic, not attack one.

He toyed with the entire audience and his illusions could make him very hard to hit if they were aimed at Laxus.

Gajeel's misinformation led him to believe Laxus would turn sides if persuaded so he wasn't faced with the right kind of preparation. Had Laxus been under an illusion to he would have difficult fighting him.

The third reason is because Laxus is just that damn powerful.

We are talking about the man who went toe-to-toe against the strongest dark guild master of 7 years ago and lost because he wanted his comrades to finish the job.

Laxus is nearly at the same level as Guildartz, sure there must be some ground for the former to catch up but if we were to put that on power levels I would say:

Gildarts - 9001
    Laxus - 8400

Fourth reason is because the hot guy always owns the ugly ones.

Flare is Lucy's level, even if she is beautiful what do you expect her to do against Laxus.

Fifth reason is Mashima's pen.

Another reason is because RT is a plot device to uncover FT's dark past.

Zeref was sleeping on Fairy Tail's holy island for god knows how long, now Lumen Histoire is show to be something not necessarily good.

I am starting to think that Mavis and Zeref were once part of the same dark guild and when both changed sides to the light she founded Fairy Tail and hid her former master there where his unstable powers would do least harm until Natsu came to put an end to his life.

Maybe Lumen Histoire is the collected memory of that previous dark guild that Mavis buried in order for her new guild to prosper in the light, if the thing were to be released all that previous darkness would return and Fairy Tail would be ruined.

Imagine Magnolia Town or even the entire country of Fiore getting torn to pieces by the unleashed curses creaded by Mavis and Zeref while Fairy Tail tries to explain they are not responsible for it. Not particularly good, isn't it?

The last reason I can think of is that Raven Tail was being used as a decoy for the audience (us) and the characters to lose focus on the main plot.

Captain Arcadios is going to do something huge, hence he called his master Zeref and all of his allies to show off how great of a minion he is.

Gate of the Changing world is probably the alluded Gate of Tartaros that will herald the end of the world.

When that thing is used it will likely unleash the Ultimate Magic World and every muggle in the world will turn into a pool of LCL as some godlike eldritch abomination shifts reality to a twisted darkness.

Five points plus if Lucy is Ayanami!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol,I TOLD YOU LOT SO...i should get more like for my predictions..would you like a recap from the last isssue?
    Ok here you go,lol.

Now,lets get back to the ''illusion'' that Raven Tail has inacted.1st illusion is that of ALEXEI-kun..He's clearly not a proper
    member but Iwan in disguise..totally out of order(been a master and all)?Then we have the magic in it's self...Who's
    magic is it?Iwan,Orga? I'm betting on the latter.It's a shit illusion as there are several people that can't understand why
    Laxus is getting his arse handed to him...That i think is just down to Raven Tails arrogance and lack of realism.(They
    were incapable of seeing the fight any other way).But that's on the back burner for a minute.

Laxus,Will do a Ezra imo...Iwan might think too much of his ''specialized anti-fairy guild''.And we;ve se that laxus does
    not rate his ''shitty pops'' anyways.MASTER ENEMIES ARE MY ENEMIES..what a great line.I'm looking forward to seeing
    the result of his training...yes indeed i'm so looking forward to it teehee..fanboy moment,sorry.

The only thing i'll add is that.Lumile Historie/lumen etoile is the darkness that Iwan/Ivan was rapping about.Did you
    see the 1st/Mavis face?Oh i covered that as well didn't i?Lol.

Laxus was easily gonna mop up those punks...if Ezra did 100 monsters,it was only LOGICAL that LAXUS could take down
    five ''would be'' elite...from ANY guild.I see his counterpart in Sabertooth had a slight smile on his face too.(Laxus smiled
    when he showed his strenght).The difference here is Laxus knows his upper limits.He does not know laxus upper limit.
    Laxus WILL face off with him soon enough imo.

Wendy and Sheila fight does not interest me so much..who wants to see little girls fighting really?pmsl.But Zeref making
    a move does interest me greatly..I might as well see what you guys have wrote and cast my VOTE for sheer EPICNESS
    lol,that will piss off Los and a few other...sorry mods i couldn't help it.

New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast