Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

36 48.65%
  • Good!

24 32.43%
  • Regular

3 4.05%
  • Boring...

3 4.05%
  • Bad!

8 10.81%
New Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by haegar View Post
    As Ivan has kindly supplied the information that Lumen histoire/etoile is some dark secret I lean towards it having to do with Zeref himself, his source of power or the reason for his demise back in the day rather than FT nakama in turth being the darkest of magics. Regardless of that line of thought FT has by now proven itself to be the strongest guild participating, Zeref might easily use the tournament as an opportunity to check out the powerlevel of potential opponents, plus his Arcadios goon is interested in Celestial Mages and FT has the strongest with Lucy. Hooking up with RT undercover would be best opportunity to get info on FT as Ivan is obsessed with them anyways. In addition, ever since we found out Zeref was on Tenroujima I was waiting for some Mavis/Zeref connection. Somehow FT is guarding either knowledge or power that can hurt him or that he wants back as it was taken from him. Plus, being on a role here, leaning myself out of the window very far I hearby call MavisXZeref("good" alter ego) ship in the past
    Everybody being suspicious of Mavis is making me feel suspicious now too....Mavis' presence has been a bit too convenient. Would be interesting if she was one of FT's true villains. Npw that you mention Mavis and Zeref having a connection, you just made me think of this: http://youtu.be/DYFw0DTlce0

Starting at 1:15 it starts mirroring Mavis and Zeref, even though they don't even interact at all. It is the anime, but I wonder if this hints anything.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

I wonder to what extent lumen hitoire is related to zeref. I would find it strange that hades would leave that alone (because he did know about it) if it had a deep connection to zeref. Would he actually fear that? Or maybe in the end he just couldn't bring himself to betray FT to THAT extent (which would imply that doing something with lumen histore is actually worst that murdering all of his former guild). Or perhaps he actually had no use for it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

nice bringing up the anime on that, dunno if it has meaning or not hard to tell. anyways, I am one hundred percetn behind Mavis being good/light - I think she might have taken responsibility/caretaker status for some of Zeref's dark magic / used it to boost her own powers back in the day or something like that? TBH no point building elaborate speculations on this, we lack the details.
    However, two sayings come to mind:

"fighting fire with fire" if Lumen is connected to power of nakama which no other guild has, might turn out in a way FTs special power comes from some old ancient dark magic? seems weird though - still in the past FT might have used questionable means to fight the darkness?

"wherever there is light, there is darkness (and vice versa)"
    - on this second one, suppose it were Lumen "histiore" one might intepret this as the "history" of the light side of magic - going with that saying no light can exist without darkness, maybe the magic world of today, with so many individuals using magic, but overall not the darkest of it was only ever made possible because of some grand attrocities in the long lost past into which both Zeref and mavis were somehow involved? maybe the reason fairies/spirits/dragons are removed from the world of the living has to do with some carnal sin the human mages of the past comitted? while common knowledge is that Zeref was the evil dude, perhaps the truth is more complex and there were others who benefited/were involved?

edit: to bolster up my hunch a bit also looking at last week again:
    http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/17
    I feel Mavis's words to Makarov are kind of forebearing: She states she likes the whole nakama spirit - and that the way FT look after each other and are a good guild is what she always wanted - but in a way her "you would do ANYTHING for your friends" together with the later "remember this third/sixt" 'might' have a subtle subtext. I'm calling utter BS on Mavis just coming by to watch the torunament and cheer her guild on, I say in the first place she lingers as a ghost as she still has some deep feeling of responsibility/guilt for something that happened in the past. And I say she sticks to her guild, knowing fully well that now that Zeref roams free it is but a matter of time till her/her guild's dark secret comes to the fore - she sticks around to make sure she can give the current gen what help she can in dealing with that legacy she left which seems to be an ambivalent one ...I guess she somehow dirtied her hands back then protecting those she cared about ...
    Last edited by haegar; June 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

That said, I don't think mavis herself has a personal relationship with zeref. Zeref is a guy from 400 years ago at least, I don't see how she could have been alive all that way back. Hades seemed to be in his 60s or 80s back when he made makarov master, and he was made master by mavis. If we assume a similar scenario then hades became master some 80 years ago. Even under the most extreme scenario it does not make sense mavis would have been around over 120 years before that. Of course, that does not mean fairy tail could not have existed in some other form in the past, there are plenty of ways lumen histoire could have been inherited to the current FT and masters.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ since Mavis seems special beyond simply being first master I wouldn't put it past her to have unusual long lifespan ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    [LIST=1]
    This arc would have been interesting enough with the dark presence/Charles vision plot and Sabertooth. It wasn't necessary to put RT into the mix. Honestly by doing that, I was actually more interested in RT than the other two plots. Simply because Ivan and RT have been a issue for about 3 years, to be more exact ever since chapter 128.

Spoiler: Makarov vs Hades show
    Not only was I more interested in RT because of all the reasons you've said, but Tenroujima KILLED any suspsense Charle's "visions" could create for me. She had a vision of people crying and someone laying on the ground. What happened in that arc? GH was completely and utterly defeated, and Acnologia nuked Tenroujima not only for everyone to completely survive thanks to a giant bubble of friendship but even the damn island itself was unscathed. Screw Charle.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway I've lost interest in the whole Laxus vs his dad and sucky RT, the thing that made this chapter really interesting was Mavis going from super cute "My ultimate guiild - I love" to super scary. I'm guessing she wasn't fooled by the illusion and over heard sucky woman beater talking about her super dirty secret (Not cool Iwan this chic can teach Erza a few things on how to look like beast without actually doing a thing). I also believe this lumen histroire could be a connection between Zeref and Mavis who appears to use her untraceable holy land like a vacation home, this alone made me suspicious but then throw in Iwans little speech about Fairy darkness and I'm sold.

However I don't agree that Zeref is that little monkey, only cause he over does the sinister laugh, nothing like the zeref I know but it could be either RT's escape route or Zeref's minion. Also my prediction Sheria has a similar magic type to Mavis since she seems to be familiar with it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heriko's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my fucking god
    actually i hoped for something like this, but never thought it really would happen
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/14
    mavis is looking... suspicious... the darkness of fairy tail? oO i thought mavis was full of light oO
    and surely the story of raven tail ain't over yet.
    But now the king can't take RT as scapegoat anymore!
    Let's see what happens next
    Yeah, Shelia... don't know. why exactly she?`... Oo
    The fire's shadow illuminates the village.
    - Yondaime Hokage Namikaze Minato -

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.
    - Hatake Kakashi -

Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.
    - Uchiha Itachi -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I wonder to what extent lumen hitoire is related to zeref. I would find it strange that hades would leave that alone (because he did know about it) if it had a deep connection to zeref. Would he actually fear that? Or maybe in the end he just couldn't bring himself to betray FT to THAT extent (which would imply that doing something with lumen histore is actually worst that murdering all of his former guild). Or perhaps he actually had no use for it.
    Or simply that he didn't know the true connection between Zeref and his former guild.

I mean, he keenly belived about the Zeref keys to the point he founded and directed Grimmoire Heart to commit atrocities just for their sake. As it turned out they were fake.

He was smart and powerful but even he couldn't graspt the real scheme behind Zeref's supposed demise.

I think that one thing he said was true tough.

All magic is born in the darkness, it's something unatural that defies reality and changes it to according to the mage's heart.

However, what Makarov said was also true.

Magic does change and becomes something different from time to time, I think the truth behind this is that the darkness of magic can be purified by the hearts of good mages that fight for justice and love/friendship.

Like I said before, Lumen Histoire is a seal, it holds back the darkness and curses from Zeref's and Mavis's past guild so that Fairy Tail moves foward in the light.

I go further and say that it's the friendship and deep bonds of Fairy Tail that powers that seal rather than it being the source of power for the guild.

Hence Mavis is so happy with Fairy Tail's current generation, they are the lights that can purify the darkness of her past sins and bring happiness to the future. They are her dream.
    Last edited by 1337 haxor; June 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I was never particularly impressed or otherwise interested in Raven Tail, so their defeat at the hands of Laxus was welcome. Ivan's mention of Fairy Tail's history does increase my curiosity about Lumen Etoile. It seems like Mavis may have cause to stick around for a while longer, which is awesome. Kudos to Laxus for pulling a Natsu, he was definitely channeling him during the battle while invoking Gray & Lucy's names. Excited about Wendy's battle, she has had little experience and has traditionally acted as support for the rest of the team, so we're likely to see something new from her. Sheila should have some interesting magic as well. Hopefully we'll get some good action.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner greenpiece's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's been caught up with the battle between Laxus and RT and the mysterious magical power that I don't think anyone has bothered asking this question yet: Assuming that this day with end normally, how will the battle portion of the 4th day work of there are only 7 teams left? They can't really fight without being an even number. Because I honestly doubt that anything too big is going to happen on Day 3 that's going to completely stop the Grand Magic Games in continuing into it's Day 4. If ever something will happen, it will probably be in the shadows. Like maybe to Crime Sorciere or something. I don't think Mashima will waste a tournament arc and disregard it's 4th day. Especially since that one is a tag battle and it'll be pretty interesting. So how do you guys think Mashima will do the battle portion on the next day?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Wendy fighting? She replaced Elfman, who fought. This means that either Natsu, Erza or Gray won't fight in the tournament. Bah.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably Erza, she was supposed to fight Bacchus but Elfman took her place by mistake.

Maybe they'll handle the odd number of teams by just throwing in a rune knight for someone to face, or rearrange the competition.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well going by the MPF the rune knights are a joke compared to the other competitors

as for the loli battle, I wouldn't be suprised if they both actually unpack some serious magic, I think Wendy's opponent will have some ancient magic that Mavis knows, I doubt it has to do with Zeref, that's just Hiro doing a herring ...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they can arrange the games so that by the end every team has the same amount of fights? Not sure how that would work out though. Or maybe just turn the thing into battle royales..... not sure how that would work either.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast