Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

36 48.65%
  • Good!

24 32.43%
  • Regular

3 4.05%
  • Boring...

3 4.05%
  • Bad!

8 10.81%
New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    orga was surprised by the god slayer girl he also uses black lightning and shelias attack were black he is probably a god slayer as well. and i think wendy will somehow master milky way in the fight and beat shelia.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

i think zeref is god and thought shelia god slayer magic
    yeah why would he though?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Interesting chapter. Now it is clear zancrow was not batshit insane (at least his magic was god slayer magic) and with this we have 3 actual god slayers in the manga, each matching a DS. Somehow I can't wait for the metal DS to appear. If sting and rogue are light and darkness DS then it would be interesting to see them fighting darkness and light god slayers too. Black darkness and black light?

As for the fight, I am kinda surprised it wasn't even more one sided. When natsu fought zancrow the bottom line was that zancrow had the superior flame and thus could eat anything natsu could throw at him. In this case wendy's attacks were actually able to hurt shelia rather than being eaten by her which makes for a huge difference. Maybe the situation with natsu and zancrow was just a difference in skill and between more even opponents the GS magic is not actually superior to DS magic but rather they are actually even but merely work better against different creatures.

Now, what I wonder is why exactly wendy does not heal as she fights. Shelia clearly has the ability to do so so why is wendy having those problems? Does that have something to do with milky way magic? Or maybe she simply hasn't mastered the whole eating air thing yet? It would be interesting for her to master this, she would be able to theoretically heal people non stop. Such a thing would have made a huge difference back in the grimmoire heart arc for example. Now, the issue wendy and theoretically shelia would have here is that to actually finish the slayer with sky magic is that they would need to one shot the enemy otherwise the simply heal and have to start over. Of course, the implication of this is that the wind slayer is objectively better than any other slayer since their element is always there to heal them and power their attacks(perhaps other elements can simply burn the air around her but still...). To win this fight wendy needs to be able to eat the sky. Maybe once she is able to eat the air around her she will be able to muster the power to use her other magic and defeat shelia.

The last part was exceptionally interesting. With this we have evidence to suggest god slayer magic is somehow related to zeref's magic. Now, does this imply zeref is using god slayer magic hence the similarity with shelia's? Of course, gerard did not actually get the same feeling from orga's magic.... But perhaps wind magic is in itself special. If I recall everyone felt something special about wendy's magic when she first appeared. Now, the other issue here is that so far it would seem as if zeref is the DS of acknologia. So where exactly do creatures that are called gods come in here?

The whole thing got me thinking once again about the tartarus guild. In mythology, tartarus was a prison for the titans. I can't help but feeling this guild will be related to the god slayers and perhaps actually have something to do with an actual god.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Dunno is that actually makes sense lol. It doesn't even seem like they use a similar magic. I mean, zeref just seemed to eat away life around him, shelia and wendy merely manipulate the wind and the sky. Its in principle different.

What if zeref is both, a GS and a DS? Just a thought and such a thing would allow him to use stuff similar to when natsu ate zancrow's fire.
    No, I think Shelia might be misleading. If GS magic had a similar characteristic to Zeref's magic, Ultear would've mentioned it to FT. I'm guessing that Arcadias' plan is currently being put into motion.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to consider that Ultear was with Zancrow. She knows how God Slayer Magic feels like. So it's clear to me, at least, that it's not related to God Slayer magic as a whole...But related to Sky-God Slayer Magic.

That's why I think Zeref could have been the Sky-God Slayer before.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

But why is it specific to that one element?? that's rather odd, don't you think?? well, let's hope we get some answers soon.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    yeah why would he though?
    who knows maybe if he is evil he wants to create an army to destroy the world but if he is still the way he was before the time skip. he maybe creating dragon slayers to beat him. he wanted natsu to kill him but after the whole dragon attacking them he probably thought natsu died and wnated to create other to kill him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Ifrit
    Wow, You are clearly blinded with ur Laxus fanboyism, by what you are unable to see the big picture. Please understand: this is NOT about Laxus, BUT about Raven Tail. There is no need for you to defend Laxus, as I was not talking down on him in any notable way.

Let me tell you this, a protagonist can only shine if he has a decent antagonist. Light can only exist with shadow. This is physics, it is essential and it is fact in any kind of story telling! In order to get acknowledged, the protagonists has to face hardship. Only by conquering a tough time, you can truly shine.

Raven Tail was hyped to play (a arc) antagonist at some point in the future against Fairy Tail. A encounter with more than one character, basically a guild vs guild arc, just like against Phantom, GH or even O6. However a single member of FT (again, it it is irrelevant who it was) defeated the entire Raven Tail guild.

This was the worst writing, by one fight a entire segment of the story was trashed. Raven Tail didn't shine as antagonists and Fairy Tail didn't shine as protagonist. This was all about a mere flashy moment for one single member, while it could have been so much more. <- That's is my unfortunate disappointment.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please continue any discussion of chapter 288 in its thread and not in this one.

Thanks!

New Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14