Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 5.1 / 7)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

2 4.65%
  • 6 (Epic)

13 30.23%
  • 5 (Good)

21 48.84%
  • 4 (Average)

4 9.30%
  • 3 (Bad)

2 4.65%
  • 2 (Horrible)

1 2.33%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 128 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    Nah, the next strongest one should be Octavia as she is a past No.2, but there may be other past No.2s among the awaken beings as well.

The awaken beings may be gathered there for a purpose. An all out fight against Priscilla fighting along side Cassandra with her self back to further weaken Priscilla. Or they are there so that when the Dragonkins come to invade, we can see how powerful the Dragonkins are.

Her nickname is funny though lol "Wild Horse Octavia" may be it can be translate to Buck Wild Octavia? lol But I fear the worst for her as the No.2 is a cursed position. Look at Irene, Rigaldo, Agatha, Rosemary, Beth, Rafaela, even Priscilla, and more or less Roxanne too.

Regarding the things Cid is referring to, I still think it's something they could use for fighting, I think may be it's some type of explosive or fire works. Or shield or other protection like haegar said.

@number12 Michael

I don't think it's yoma parts. I don't think they need yoma parts for the treatment of Clare's scar as it never imply they need yoma for that.
    then how do they become claymores?

And my bad i forgot about octavia being No. 2

Roxanne was a #1.. so no she dose not share the same fate.... personally i think Roxannes fate is much worse and more deserved
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    Also, Clarice seemed OOC. Really, why did she cry that heavily after seeing Miria? Its not like she was a character that could take much, but that was simply a joke.
    It seemed understandable really. Inside the city, Priscilla is coming out. Outside, the city is surrounded by Awakened Ones. So it feels like they are doomed. The news of an Abyssal One coming, is just icing on the cake at this point.

I'd be surprised if the Awakened Beings actually did much that was useful, though who knows. Dae could at least have resurrected Teresa when he was creating this mess.

--

I wonder if there is going to be a main land arc. Probably not considering how many years it has taken for the story to get here. Somebody needs to give this mangaka an anime license to continue his story with rather than monthly chapters.. argghh!!

Still, one wonders what hundreds of years of war, with whatever claymores and awakened beings are on the mainland, have done to the place. Or if its a cold war with neither side really fighting and maybe even some more advanced culture - if they are more powerful civilizations.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Her nickname is funny though lol "Wild Horse Octavia" may be it can be translate to Buck Wild Octavia? lol But I fear the worst for her as the No.2 is a cursed position. Look at Irene, Rigaldo, Agatha, Rosemary, Beth, Rafaela, even Priscilla, and more or less Roxanne too.

Regarding the things Cid is referring to, I still think it's something they could use for fighting, I think may be it's some type of explosive or fire works. Or shield or other protection like haegar said.

@number12 Michael

I don't think it's yoma parts. I don't think they need yoma parts for the treatment of Clare's scar as it never imply they need yoma for that.
    I like "buck wild Octavia" . I fear though we will have to wait for her technique being shown till we can tell which one of the three meanings gernot offered suit her best... as for explosives, at first I thought "it's honking cannons" but then on second thought Cid could not carry two of them himself, not even one, at least not if they are big enough to hurt an AB - and the barrel would be like half a meter in diameter roughly estimating by the drawing, that thing would weigh at least a ton - also I felt Yagi is smart enough to not pull something like this out now - so far this story did without gunpowder, and to suddenly unpack it just to blow up Prissy's ass would be really lame... so I go for shields ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    then how do they become claymores?

And my bad i forgot about octavia being No. 2

Roxanne was a #1.. so no she dose not share the same fate.... personally i think Roxannes fate is much worse and more deserved
    Roxanne was a No.2 before she was a No.1.

Yes, they used yoma to make Claymore warriors. Why would they need yoma parts when someone is already a Claymore?

@haegar

May be the things are horses lol for escape!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they used yoma to make Claymore warriors. Why would they need yoma parts when someone is already a Claymore?

@haegar

that would be like this:
    Spoiler: HSDK page external link show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@haegar
    Your idea with shields is the best one so far. Personally I thought it was something to eat (because of what Gernot wrote - see the footnote) like apples maybe or a cask of wine but it wouldn't make much sense for Miria to ask them to gather them.

I've noticed something else though. It looks like Miria has met some of these ABs earlier. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to tell who they are. It's not like they've shown their unique techniques, they just sit there doing nothing and none of them had any unique features (scars or Claymore emblems) so that she would be able to tell them apart just from a description in some MiB archive.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I was wondering myself if she had met Chronos and his shadow guy specifically, or if she rather was able to deduce all this info on them due to her research into the ORG's archives, she might have read reports on older gen warriors including their descriptions ... basically it could be Miria has memorized the databooks on some of the more outstanding warriors said still to be at large on the island as awakends? (I mean Chronos should have been listed as mia/awakend in the Org's old documents as he was on of the first prominent cases of awakening? maybe she also recognized him as he was described as smart and always acting with this other guy? I forgot his name, he seems to be to Chronos like Rigard was to Isley ) It would have been sensible thing to do to check out that intel if it was available to her at the time?
    Last edited by haegar; July 02, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@haegar

Teresa was a lower digit before she was a number one, thats irrelevant because when Roxanne died she was the number one and her power is that of a number one ... She was strong get over it people :3 . and was miria not number 17??

And did they not say that theres a chance that claire may come out of the destroyer without her scar? and if that happens then they will have to re-preform the surgery on the spot?
    Last edited by number12michael; July 02, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Translation was out pretty early. Great job Gooral .

What was Cid talking about at the end of the chapter?

Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa was a lower digit before she was a number one, thats irrelevant because when Roxanne died she was the number one and her power is that of a number one ... She was strong get over it people :3 . and was miria not number 17??

And did they not say that theres a chance that claire may come out of the destroyer without her scar? and if that happens then they will have to re-preform the surgery on the spot?
    I don't know where you are going with this.. It was never about how strong Roxanne was or who had lower number before becoming No.1. I was just saying No.2 is a cursed position, Roxanne was a known No.2 in the manga before she was a No.1, so more or less she shared a similar cursed fate of a No.2.

To my knowledge, Deneve never implied that Clare would come out without the scar. She only said that Clare may come out with the scar in a untreated state.

@Claymore1

No one knows for sure. Perhaps it's something useful and important for the fight in the upcoming chapter.
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; July 02, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you are going with this.. It was never about how strong Roxanne was or who had lower number before becoming No.1. I was just saying No.2 is a cursed position, Roxanne was a known No.2 in the manga before she was a No.1, so more or less she shared a similar cursed fate of a No.2.

To my knowledge, Deneve never implied that Clare would come out without the scar. She only said that Clare may come out with the scar in a untreated state.
    lol pretty sure the first time you hear of roxanne is with the 8 Strongest number ones

and i think it is helen who say's "its even possible that she could come out in a state before treatment"- but then again i could be wrong
    Last edited by number12michael; July 02, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

lol pretty sure the first time you hear of roxanne is with the 8 Strongest number ones

and i think it is helen who say's "its even possible that she could come out in a state before treatment"- but then again i could be wrong

I meant the manga flat out stated Roxanne held the No.2 position when Cassadra was No.1, thus Roxanne had offically been a No.2 before.

I believe it was Deneve who told Raki about the scar as she was flashing him.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant the manga flat out stated Roxanne held the No.2 position when Cassadra was No.1, thus Roxanne had offically been a No.2 before.

I believe it was Deneve who told Raki about the scar as she was flashing him.
    yeah were just going in circles lol

yeah it must have been Deneve then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    When they listed the past #1s they said the ones who died with their bodies intact (not awakened or completely destroyed)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So this Chronos dude and that Lars dude seem to be hanging out alot together. Could this be a hint towards homosexual relationships between claymores? There were earlier theories about Roxanne and Cassandra sleeping together, if I recall correctly

New Reply
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast