Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 5.2 / 7)

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

    3 6.82%
  • 6 (Epic)

    13 29.55%
  • 5 (Good)

    21 47.73%
  • 4 (Average)

    4 9.09%
  • 3 (Bad)

    2 4.55%
  • 2 (Horrible)

    1 2.27%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 658

Thread: Claymore 128 Discussion

  1. #331
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    But why would that be important?
    Maybe because it offers better protection in battle than their standard black clothes.? I don't know but those things he touched look a lot like pauldrons on Claymore shoulders.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  2. #332
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    (...) Does Miria suspect that Raki may be the key to release the blob?YES

    Than, LOGICALLY, it would be incredibly super-uber-iper MORONIC to let Raki near the blob because even if there is only a little possibility that his presence over there could affect in some unpredictable ways the blob release, i don't see why they should add also this risk to their already super risky plan. (...)
    Yeah, except Miria's reasoning is anything but LOGICAL and that's my point. And you using words such as "fact" along with "probably" was strange to me hence my reply (I'm referring to your first post on that topic). The truth is that Raki being the trigger is only that - a possibility and judging by what we know it should be even less likely than Miria or Deneve or a freaking group of 6 beings emitting youki (everyone besides Tabitha, even Galatea emits youki if only because of her encounter with Agatha and later regeneration, which BTW shows that regaining cloaked status isn't that easy even if Claymore used it once - I'm jumping to conclusions here but the only other occasion for Galatea to release youki was when male ABs attacked and from what we've seen she wasn't using it then even when being in a tough spot) being the triggers.

    After all it's youki not a voice sound that has the most chance of reaching to beings inside a blob assuming it's similar to Raciella's state (and that is a sensible assumption). What's more, we don't even know that a sound could reach the inside so unless the blob is all ears (literally) there shouldn't even be any risk. But youki? Now THAT is a huge risk. Even more so since Priscilla might have recognized Deneve's or Helen's youki and even more so since Miria in a way was a trigger to Priscilla's "awakening" earlier. At least it appeared so and it was a huge risk for someone of her youki signature to go even near Priscilla.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

    In other words, the reason (convincing to me) for Miria taking Raki along is that he increased the chances of reaching Clare. After all, Clare was looking for him even after 7 years have passed and Raki is connected to her past so it would be stupid to leave him behind. If you don't know which wrench you will need you bring a toolbox. And Raki is only one of the wrenches that might be the right one. But I don't see any basis for Miria to think that Raki > them in Clare's eyes.
    Last edited by Goral; July 03, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

  3. #333
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Winterfell
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    It would be very dull an unimaginative of Yagi to hand us Clare's victory by sheer means of absorbing Raciella's power. We might as well be playing Diablo or Bard's Tale. Just how many Exp. Points can we gather to gain strength and kill off all that stand before us. Honestly, I don't mind seeing Priscilla as the most powerful being currently in existence. Although Clare has Teresa's flesh within her, we have seen many times before that she is not her mother's equal.

    Shieky suggested a truce between Priscilla and Clare. I haven't fully considered this ending but for some reason it doesn't sit well with me. However, I would much rather have that than the Power Up scenario. My jaw and my heart sunk at the ending of Marked for Death. I hope Yagi gives us something that emotionally overwhelming at the end (doesn't have to be murderous in nature, but certainly striking and powerful).
    I tink one of the main reason yagi give to cleare the flesh and blood of teresa it because he want to make the power of teresa play a role on the final battle wherever is her power of is teresa come back even it we have no see any indicios of teresa activity inside of cleare otherwise he never would make cleare possess the flesh of teresa just because teresa was the Parsons she love yagi should foreseen the future of the manga and the role that will play the flesh and blood of teresa.

  4. #334
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    @Ryus
    Good analysis Ryus. Strange that your post got so little attention because IMO it's one of the more interesting topics to discuss.

    Depending on several factors it is possible that they would gain such advantage over Cassandra (e.g. if Cynthia's drawing was very inaccurate). I wonder though if sailing along the shore is easier than sailing on an open sea? I would think that it could be more dangerous (especially in the night) but on the other hand you don't have to be a navigator for that. And I'm not sure how it is with winds near the coast but at least sea breeze blows from land to sea in the night and in the opposite direction during the day. Don't know how it's with other winds or currents. It's a shame we have no sailor here. Once thing is for certain though, they would still need a considerable skill if only for the fact that wind wouldn't be blowing in the same direction (and what would they do if they would need to sail upwind? I doubt it's something a noob could do).

    Anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    So for this to really work
    a) Claymore must travel slower then I stipulated (maybe they need more rest and Clare was just really pushing it in the first ch)
    b) There ships must also travel slower than stipulated and therefore not quite at later level of sailing tech.

    or

    c) They also walked a great distance from the ships landing port on the shore to the center of the island... then likely Raki's human requirements slowed them down a bit which is really what ate up most of there time of those 10 days. So the ship could have done 15 knots for all we know. Though page 1 made this seem less likely since it appeared they just walked over a hill from the ocean and where at the holy city

    Britain is only about 600 miles long and Japan about 700 with only the main island or about 1,200 with all of them, for reference.
    I think that option C is most likely except I would find it stupid if they would adjust to Raki's pace instead of carrying him (especially under those circumstances, i.e. apocalypse coming near so it was no time to be shy). Unless Claymores really have no better stamina than humans...

    BTW, we know that Claymores for the most part have the same physiological needs as humans. They breathe, eat, drink, pee, sleep and maybe do other things. And Raki travelling with 6 chicks 24/7 for 10 days would by default bring some interesting developments. Especially since one of these chicks already flashed Raki. And I think I don't need to tell anyone that on a ship (especially the one they were most likely sailing on) there were no bathrooms or any room for a privacy for that matter. ];>

    P.S.
    About Octavia's hair, I also prefer Fantasy's version, auburn hair seems most fitting of the 4 but it might be because I saw it first and once I like something I usually stay faithful to it.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #335
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Excellent posts Haeger - I didn't think I was being harsh, but at least you also agree that it's often the little things and little conversations that have the most importance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooral
    It's really super strange to me that Miria considers some kid who Clare knew maybe for a month (which I've pointed out almost 2,5 years ago on AS) as someone who could influence Clare more than Yuma, Cynthia, Helen, Deneve, Tabitha or herself who were living with her for over 7 years.
    .....Roflmao, you know, I never really thought of it that way XD.

    I guess they simply aren't dense - Miria knows that all the Ghosts are not as close as all that and that Claire has been trying to find this boy again for all of the seven years they've spent together...It's sad, but she actually gathers that he would have a better effect in reaching out to her then all of them.

    And yet, it still is pretty weird when you think about it XD...maybe it shouldn't be, and this is Carebear Miria after all who dazzles us with her assumptions and does everything for their "own good", but it is something to be noticed...that they are trusting this boy they barely even know, or understand his relationship with Claire, in being able to help their friend far more then all of them....you would think after seven.years, they'd have a much bigger effect even if the relationships were strained and even if the relationship between Raki and Claire really was romantic....it's definitely something better off not thinking too hard, but I get how weird it is.

    Especially when you consider, as ever, Miria going off on her own and doing everything in the ridiculous notion of trying to take care of and help everybody....truly, the relationships between the Ghosts, who should arguably be among the happiest groups of people on the island (being that happiness is often tied to your social life, how many people around you and so on...isolation and loneliness is definitely one of the core problems for people on the island), is almost ridiculously strained....even after seven years, they are still seemingly acquaintances in alot of ways then actual friends - it's one thing to still have skeletons in your closet and not want to reveal your deepest, darkest secrets....

    But when your leader actually goes off on a one-woman-army solo-mission because she feels the rest of you can't handle it and it's for your own good, and some little boy has a better chance of helping your friend more then all of you combined, even though you've known her for seven.years....that's when you know things between you are really messed up.

    Again though, we're probably just not supposed to think about it too hard; certainly not in a realistic way....it is what it is, and it fits with the context and setting of the story, even if it's not really what you'd call realistic.....it's almost as if Time isn't a factor at all and, even though people should naturally grow and change overtime, some things just never change -- I'd hope things would be warmer, open and more honest between the Ghosts, but after seven years, they plainly are not and questioning it feels moot.

    As for the whole Claire being a pedophile, I wouldn't say that assuming what they feel really is a romantic sort of love - probably just because I love this post so much, I'll direct you to here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...stcount=2601); at least it gives you my perspective on the whole thing .

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone
    As for this chapter, the thing that strikes me most is Raki.
    He starts by hitting on an AB (with what looks very much like a super-deformed anime expression on his face), then proceeds to the final leg of his 7 year quest (which including years of training, fights against ABs, nearly getting killed by Priscilla, and crisscrossing the continent) to go into an nearly abandoned city surrounded by ABs and soon to be attacked by an AO, meets Galatea-sama who basically says: "Let me take you to Clare", and what does Raki do? "Cid! Galk! Good to see you again! Let's go have a drink! Huh? Who? Clare? Oh, that can wait till later. Look guys - It's Cid and Galk!". That boy is so easily distracted it almost warms me to him. It seems almost unfair to pick on him anymore... Poor Clare.
    See, this is why you need to show up more Cyclone ; not as crude as ulquihorror, but hilarious all the same

    ---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

    Quote Quote:
    BTW, we know that Claymores for the most part have the same physiological needs as humans. They breathe, eat, drink, pee, sleep and maybe do other things. And Raki travelling with 6 chicks 24/7 for 10 days would by default bring some interesting developments. Especially since one of these chicks already flashed Raki. And I think I don't need to tell anyone that on a ship (especially the one they were most likely sailing on) there were no bathrooms or any room for a privacy for that matter. ];>
    Oh I am so passing that onto Dany -- considering how we don't even see anything that happens on the boat at all, a hilarious boat fan-fic sounds like a nice idea; Helen can put on an eye-patch and go 'arrrrg' XD
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

  7. #336
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
    (...) About the present ABs... honestly, I'm not buying the "we are just curious to see such a strong monster so we all came here and sit down waiting" bullshit. It may be the case for some of them but I'm also inclined to believe several of them have their own hidden motives and goals. Maybe to kill Priscilla, or to try to ally themselves with her, who knows.
    I agree. These ABs surely know that their current situation is not the best. With AOs dead and the power balance shattered they might as well become everyone's target. Priscilla might wipe them out so that they wouldn't steal her food, Claymores might hunt them down and with them being no longer occupied with new ABs being produced that would mean trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting for the ghosts to appear so they could measure them (assess their power) and decide what to do next. The same goes for Priscilla. They could prefer to face her now and be done with it (one way or the other) than to live in fear of being decimated by her. If she would ignore them there would be a good chance they could live as they lived before, if not then tough luck.

    Anyway, here are some of the options they have:
    1. They might attack Rabona once the rest will be occupied with Priscilla. After all Miata, Clarice and Galatea didn't stay behind for nothing.
    2. They might aid the ghosts in neutralizing Priscilla
    3. They might try and become Priscilla's subjects although I don't see why Prisiclla would agree to it
    4. They might really only observe waiting for these forces to clash and wipe each other out (or greatly weaken themselves) and they will finish the winner off
    5. ...

    I wonder though what were Cynthia's or Galatea's thoughts on what they will do with the remaining ABs once they've learned they're working together. After all hunting them would mean war between them and ABs and could result in many deaths or more awakenings. Yagi might resolve this without any bloodshed by either killing them off in one swoop or by revealing to us suddenly they don't eat humans but pigs or by banishing them from the island (although that would be only sweeping the problem under the carpet, not geting rid of it).

  8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #337
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    @Goral

    First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong in the way i use the word "fact" and "probability",not one bit.

    Second,what you say about Helen or Deneve being a risk since Prissy could sense them is 100% absurd for an obvious reason: Prissi is ALREADY trying to come out of the blob, Prissy IS NOT the one that can decide to release the blob (all she can do it trying to escape, and obviously she is already trying.....), Claire is the one that supposely is sealing Prissy,not the other way around.

    Not to mention that the ghosts have already been in contact with the blob and nothing happened, so it 's not possible for Claire to release the seal for them.

    Also Goral, like i have already said, what you think about this matter is not important, all that matters is the FACT that Miria belives that Raki will probably be the key to release the blob, so even if Miria is not sure, it makes perfect sense that she won't let Raki near the blob until it's the right time.

    Also you say that Miria's thinking is not logical, but that's not true at all: a very strong emotional link (they love each other) is more than enough to at least suspect (and hope) that Raki could indeed have some effect on Claire.
    It's not that Miria can look around on "Google" and look for "how to release a friend inside a giant blob".

    Also you are forgetting a detail that instead could be VERY IMPORTANT to understand how Claire could sense Raki: remember that Chynthia could also feel the flow of emotions when Claire received Raphs's gift (not to mention that even Prissy could sense emotions....and Galatea too in the past....).....so imo you are greatly understimating the possibility that Claire has to sense Raki's emotions, just saying.....
    ....and since it's possible to sense emotions, than Miria's choice is VERY logical contrary of what you say.

    So yes, Goral,you are actually wrong,lol.


    ---------------------------------


    Also Goral, the reason why Raki is so important (more than her friends) for Claire is because he is the one that,like Teresa, saved her soul,not just her life.....not to mention that they are more or less lovers that haven't stopped looking for each other for years even if the chances to reunite were almost zero.

    Her friends are important for Claire, but Raki is probably the only one on the same level as Teresa in Claire's heart.

    Also time is not really important for Claire since we have already seen that she decided to dedicate her life to killing Prissy, and tbh it's not that she stayed with Teresa a lot of time too.....
    Last edited by MalakTawus; July 03, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #338
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Funny enough, as soon Raki found Cid and Galk he ran to pub to drink beer with them, he totally forgot about Clare

  12. #339
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    Her friends are important for Claire, but Raki is probably the only one on the same level as Teresa in Claire's heart.
    As much as I would like that to be true, I don't think it is. I mean she hates priscilla more than she cares about Raki. She would have awakened and died fighting priscilla. I know she deeply cares about Raki, but I don't think she loves him as much as she loved Teresa.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #340
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Just because she was ready to die or awaken to kill Priscilla it doesn't mean that she hates Priscilla more than she loves Raki.
    IMO the problem in your logic is that you think that she values her life so much while instead it's obvious that there are several things that Claire values more than her life.

    She hates Prissy a lot, but do you really think that she would give even Raki's life if that would grant her to kill Priscilla? I don't think so,not one bit.....

    So yes, actually i'm pretty sure that Claire would ALWAYS choose Raki over Prissy if she had no other option.....instead giving up her life to kill Prissy is nothing big for her (relatively speaking of course, it's not that she doesn't care at all to die,lol).
    Last edited by MalakTawus; July 03, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

  15. #341
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    Just because she was ready to die or awaken to kill Priscilla it doesn't mean that she hates Priscilla more than she loves Raki.
    Clare was willing to die fighting priscilla and never see Raki again when she could have tried to run away (probably impossible, but still) and found Raki before she went to go fight priscilla. She wouldn't let Raki die just so she could kill priscilla, but she would rather die fighting her then see him again. That is pretty obvious because that is exactly what happened.

  16. #342
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    So what?
    Like i said that doesn't mean at all that she hates Prissy more than she loves Raki.
    If i follow your logic than i can also say that Claire was ready to give up on her revenge to kill Prissy just to save the life of a total stranger (Jean's team), and that was only one of the several times that she did something that were against her revenge, so what?

  17. #343
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Did you guys forgotten the anime ending? Clare choose Raki over Priscilla there.
    Who is to say that the same thing won't happened in the manga too, when the time comes for that?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  18. #344
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    If i follow your logic than i can also say that Claire was ready to give up on her revenge to kill Prissy just to save the life of a total stranger (Jean's team)
    My logic does not work that way. Clare wanted to save her comrades. In fact she briefly gave up her quest to find Raki to try and help the other claymores.

    And what are you talking about "going against her revenge"? What you are saying is irrelevant. Clare went ahead and tried to awaken to fight priscilla because she hates priscilla more than she wanted to find Raki. Clare taking little "side quests" has nothing to do with it. Her whole reason for living is to kill priscilla. Even if she was already with Raki and they met priscilla, she would attack her without a second thought, regardless of whether or not Raki was there.

    Quote Quote:
    Did you guys forgotten the anime ending? Clare choose Raki over Priscilla there.
    Who is to say that the same thing won't happened in the manga to when the time comes for that?
    The anime is not canon. And no, I don't think it will end the same way because that would be terrible.
    Last edited by Claymore1; July 03, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

  19. #345
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

    @Claymore1

    Sorry but no.
    What you actually say is THE EXACT SAME THING.
    You can't dismiss those things as simple sidequests since in almost all of them she had very little possibilities to survive and she perfectly knew it.
    So no,following your logic, everytime that she did those things she was actually doing something that was COMPLETELY against her personal revenge, because in case you didn't notice, it's not too easy to kill Prissy if you are already dead.


    Also even if the ending of the anime was really REALLY rushed, i think that the concept of that ending is probably what Yagi had in mind from the very beginning (infact it's very probable that it was Yagi himself to decide the anime ending)

New Reply
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts