Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 5.2 / 7)

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

3 6.82%
  • 6 (Epic)

13 29.55%
  • 5 (Good)

21 47.73%
  • 4 (Average)

4 9.09%
  • 3 (Bad)

2 4.55%
  • 2 (Horrible)

1 2.27%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 128 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

It's totally out of their hands Gooral.....obviously, concerning the Awakened Beings, it's a tense situation; even within the Awakened Beings, I can't imagine it wouldn't take much to start a fight, and obviously what happens after Priscilla comes out, is a totally different thing altogether. They'll, more likely then not, get what they want and see Priscilla first hand...what will happen then?

This neutrality is as superficial as can get, but it's one the Ghosts will be smarter to not try and mess with whatsoever....Is it strange that the Claymores actually had a conversation with Awakened Beings? Yes it is...the whole thing is awkward and like walking on eggshells.....but this whole thing is completely out of their hands -- the odds are most definitely outside of the Ghosts' favor; the Ghosts are all high-digit warriors with Miria herself essentially a No.1 in her own regard....the Awakened are all seemingly high-level themselves and we don't actually know how many Awakened their actually are....

If the Ghosts actually got into a fight with all of these Awakened, would they actually win? Obviously I would say yes...not because of anything logical but simply because the story would demand it, especially given how nobody is capable of death anymore....nevertheless, I'm happy that, thus far, nobody is trying to kill anybody and things can at least seemingly progress in a way that won't be too hollow and easy for the Ghosts because, again, regardless of what happens, we know they are going to survive unscathed, so we can at least show some more interest in how things are exactly going to play out.

---

Off-topic, but oh happy day....4th of July....Europe destroys ACTA....Higgs Bison particle....lots of good things are happening today ^_^.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Is it strange that the Claymores actually had a conversation with Awakened Beings? Yes
    It may have been strange but I do like Octavia and Chronos. Wish we see more of them. But they will probably die soon anyways

Quote Quote:
    Higgs Bison particle
    The God Particle
    I still don't even know what that is...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It may have been strange but I do like Octavia and Chronos. Wish we see more of them. But they will probably die soon anyways
    Yes they will, and that will probably mean more characters to fill out and play with in fanfiction....fun for the fans I guess, but I wish such short-lived superficial characters weren't really made at all and more time was devoted into fleshing out and developing the characters and relationships we already know and have known for ages...but I've already ranted plenty on that XD.

Quote Quote:
    The God Particle
    Well, here are 2 important things so far...

1) It has nothing whatsoever to do with God or proving whether or not God exists. Actually, I've heard that "God Particle" is supposed to be short for "Goddamn Particle" XDXD.

2) It also means that we don't have to re-write lots and lots of textbooks - the ramifications of the particle basically says that many predictions and things scientists have known, or at least believed, for decades, were indeed right after alll.

But still, it's just crazy....it's crazy how many scientific things seemingly are making breakthroughs this year alone - a few months ago, IBM even said that they were "on the cusp of Quantum Computing" which is another thing that would have huge ramifications.

Makes me think of exponential growth, Ray Kurzweil, and the supposed "Singularity"....whether or not it come true, or all the things he says come to pass (I feel, right now, that at least most of them will, if not all), it does look like many incredible things are happening faster and faster and we will to witness many amazing achievements within our lifetime - that's something, I can feel pretty comfortable saying .
    Last edited by Shiek927; July 04, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, here are 2 important things so far...
    IT"S MAGIC

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    IT"S MAGIC
    I said two things, not two words

As for magic....well.....it might as well be, actually. The best part about science, is that it doesn't lose it's "magic" and awe even after you discover how it works and so on, unlike when you normally think of magic when you're deliberately not supposed to question how it works....which is strange because, if I actually studied how a fireball attack worked, it's not like it suddenly wouldn't be interesting or cool....then again, some people feel if it's mechanics are understood, it's not 'magic' anymore but boring old science......Whatever.

At any rate, let's steer things back into Claymore before God Eye Galatea or somebody starts posting pictures and gifs to get us there - I swear, you guys love using them far more then I ever did on Animesuki XD
    Last edited by Shiek927; July 04, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked they are even allowed in the first place, much less so many -- Just posting one on AS made me feel like I was walking on stilts and I was going to get modded (XD).

And Gooral....I'm not surprised whatsoever about the lack of discussion; mind you, it's still early on the month, but what exactly did this chapter give us to talk about?

I guess there was material worth talking about....but it seemed pretty superficial - Nostalgia, for me, seemed to be the main good point of this chapter; information-wise, I don't feel we actually learned all that much...

Then again, maybe we're just now thinking hard enough -- whatever the case is, we'll talk about something to get us through the month, as ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if i asked this already but anyone here think that Octavia could be the number 2 of Riful's generation ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Dont know if i asked this already but anyone here think that Octavia could be the number 2 of Riful's generation ?
    I don't think she is, but that is my opinion. She does seem to act like Riful but I don't think they are from the same generation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

like I said earlier....
    I like to see Octavoia & Chronos back stories.....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    The God Particle
    Let me explain to you: Scientist are speculating that at the very beginning of everything ( like 5 seconds before Big Bang ) there was one particle that started it all. And in CERN they are colliding two particles at the speed of light to try to bring matter in that collision to the moment before big bang so that they could see that particle and study it.
    But if you ask me it's just a cover-up for something else, most people think that they are experimenting to try to one day build Alcubierre drive ( similar to Warp Drive from Star Trek, the only difference being that this drive is scientifically theoretical while other is pure fiction ). You think it is just a coincidence that they found a particle faster than light and after several days told us that was a mistake? I hope this brought some answers to you

On topic: Everybody talk about the 'most powerful being in warrior's history', but it seems that most of them were with Isley and sice Isley was with Priscilla how is possible that they don't know her already as most powerful being? That made me thinking: what if they are actually talking about Clare? Maybe the changes in blob is something happening to Clare that will make her super powerful and Priscilla is trying to escape it? I know this is just a theory but giving that we don't actually know all details about the blob this can also be a possibility.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
    one other thing that has irritated me and i know other ppl think so as well and it's miria. this know-it-all personality/role that's yagi-sensei has her playing. how the heck she does know, who those awakened beings were? i mean, seriously?

she even knew the names of lesser known male generation warriors; chronos and the other one... lars i think. i can understand miria knowing about octavia cuz she might've been in a female warrior generation that wasn't a long ago.

the boat scene was skip, definitely not kewl. 10 days? there went helen being a pirate on the high seas... xD btw only miria knows that raki can sword fight really well right? sure deneve and helen knows raki protected the trainees but they don't really know he can fight claymore-like so to speak.

raki needs to re-make his armor and get the sword bak. can't believe he travelled with the gang without any of those in the first place. even if it's that many claymores around, he would've still carried something to protect himself with. i don't like the idea of him gettin' told 'to go hide somewhere until it's safe' from miria, deneve or helen for that matter.

free raki! :frustrated: he needs to be bak to his awesome badass self that he is and screw the rest. xD raki and clare ftw! :
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
    It has been outright stated that Miria has been nosing around the Organization's archives for information, so her knowing the names of prior single digits isn't far fetched, especially ones from the male Generation who are of considerable power.
    Yeah, except they haven't shown their unique techniques (or any techniques for that matter), they just sit there (in their human forms) doing nothing and none of them has any unique features (scars or Claymore emblems) so that she would be able to tell them apart just from a description in some MiB archive (which I've written already here). So the only logical explanation for this is that Miria has met these ABs before.

Although I don't see when it could happen, certainly not more than 7 years ago since she didn't know then that male ABs even existed (so if she learned about them then it was after the Slasher's incident) and at that time she has already investigated many things AFAWK (unless at that time she knew only what Rubel told her).
    I don't see how she could met them after Pieta incident (up to the point when Clare decided to go south) since for all we know they were in the North this whole time and clearly these ABs were not (although I guess the possibility of Miria going south on her own exists but taking into account that she wouldn't risk it until she was cloaked and how slow in reality Claymores travel I seriously doubt it). Rabona is also a no-go for obvious reasons and HQ even more so (ABs wouldn't risk coming near it unless they would be cloaked like Prissy). So yeah, it is a plot-hole and I agree with clarakiss~.

@Brother Coa
    It's been explicitly stated in the manga how many ABs (and all were males at that whereas out of the 10 Abs we see only 2 or 3 appear to be male) were with Isley and all of them were killed by either Riful or Alicia. So no, most of the ABs we see in this chapter were not with Isley. And they surely can't be talking about Clare since for the time being she's still rather insignificant power wise compared to Destroyer and Priscilla.
    Last edited by Goral; July 05, 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally agree that Teresa was indeed stronger than Prissy, but since it's a super dangerous topic i won't go further,LoL.

About Roxy being at abyssal level, well, of course she is. I mean, ok, Cassy showed to be a bit stronger (afterall she won a fight in a fair way, it's different from Prissy's situation: Prissy LOST the fight, she killed Teresa with betrayal,not with a fight..............and also should be noted that Cassy didn't have a particular context that gave her some sort of advantage in the fight with Roxy,so her victory was even more "fair") but it's not that being of the "abyssal power class" means that the power is exactly the same, it's normal that there are some differences, it's just that those differences in power aren't huge (like instead is the gap with awakened n.2s.......well,normal n.2s.....).
    Also Histy's death doesn't exactly gauge her power imo, just her stupidity,lol.
    If she would have fought seriously against one of the other abyssals i doubt she would have lost that easily since her speed was a REALLY scary weapon, unfortunately for her, her pride was a big weakness and thanx to that Miria was able to trick her.

Precisation: Anyway i agree that it's not 100% certain that Cassy is the strongest between the 3 revived, but i'd say that the probability is very very high.
    (As it's very probable that Isley was indeed a little bit stronger than Luisella......just a bit.....)

Edit: with "not normal n.2s" i mean basically all the n.2s under Teresa,since they could have the potential to be monsters that would have been n.1s in other generations.....but not in Teresa's generation,lol.
    Irene and Rosemary could have normally been at n.1 level......and Prissy, well, we know.......
    Last edited by MalakTawus; July 05, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Let me explain to you: Scientist are speculating that at the very beginning of everything ( like 5 seconds before Big Bang ) there was one particle that started it all. And in CERN they are colliding two particles at the speed of light to try to bring matter in that collision to the moment before big bang so that they could see that particle and study it.
    But if you ask me it's just a cover-up for something else, most people think that they are experimenting to try to one day build Alcubierre drive ( similar to Warp Drive from Star Trek, the only difference being that this drive is scientifically theoretical while other is pure fiction ). You think it is just a coincidence that they found a particle faster than light and after several days told us that was a mistake? I hope this brought some answers to you

On topic: Everybody talk about the 'most powerful being in warrior's history', but it seems that most of them were with Isley and sice Isley was with Priscilla how is possible that they don't know her already as most powerful being? That made me thinking: what if they are actually talking about Clare? Maybe the changes in blob is something happening to Clare that will make her super powerful and Priscilla is trying to escape it? I know this is just a theory but giving that we don't actually know all details about the blob this can also be a possibility.
    As we can see in the extra charter went Priscilla meet isley that was the only time she use her power as one awake and as in form Human after that she use her power no more until she meet Alicia and Beth, so I don't believe those awakens know something about Priscilla they don't not her face as a human and nevertheless her form as one awakened.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

@serpico Good point, I also remembered that Isley spread the story of how he beat her in the North when it was in fact the other way around.
    But I guess we will just have to wait and see what will happened.

On a note, someone mentioned the other Claymores that stayed at Organization. I don't think that they will make it in time to do something that will matter in the coming Rabona battle as they would need at least 20 days to reach Rabona according to Helen.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Also i agree with Brother Coa that normally the other warriors shouldn't make in time to arrive at Rabona......but if there was a second ship......
    There probably is a second ship. I would find it hard to believe that the Organization only had one ship.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast