Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Unofficial Nicknames or Titles for the Unnamed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial Nicknames or Titles for the Unnamed

Sleepy Tabatha because she always has her eyes closed when she tries sensing youki.

Pantsu Cynthia because she fights while wearing panties (and nothing more on top of them)
    Last edited by Goral; January 11, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about Clare's potential title for a while now. I've read all the suggestions in this thread and came to the conclusion that we've been going on about this the wrong way. Claymores gain their titles mostly from their own techniques/fighting style. However Clare has none that is her own. Instead she learned techniques from others. But what's more important, I believe, is the things she accomplished with the techniques she learned. So having that in mind I would suggest a nickname would establish Clare's reputation by pointing out one of her deeds. Something that would sound badass even to a ordinary civilian but only some warriors and awakened beings would know it's true meaning.

So I was thinking something like "Clare the Lion Slayer". Imagine the reaction Chronos and Lars would have if they heard that nickname.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leroid View Post
    So I was thinking something like "Clare the Lion Slayer". Imagine the reaction Chronos and Lars would have if they heard that nickname.
    Oooh I like it. She could also have "Dragon Slayer" aswell

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leroid View Post
    I've been thinking about Clare's potential title for a while now. I've read all the suggestions in this thread and came to the conclusion that we've been going on about this the wrong way. Claymores gain their titles mostly from their own techniques/fighting style. However Clare has none that is her own. Instead she learned techniques from others. But what's more important, I believe, is the things she accomplished with the techniques she learned. So having that in mind I would suggest a nickname would establish Clare's reputation by pointing out one of her deeds. Something that would sound badass even to a ordinary civilian but only some warriors and awakened beings would know it's true meaning.

I understand your points.
    "Clare the Lion Slayer" sounds very nice, but let's be honest Rigardo is no Abyssal. Slaying him is definitely an achievement, however, I don't think it should define Clare.

Using your points, I feel that maybe "Clare the Inheritress" or "Heiress Clare" would be more fitting, since she inherited many things from others.

Or since Clare's ultimate goal is to slay Priscilla for revenge, "Clare the Beyond Abyssal Hunter" or "Clare the Avenger"

@BleachFan2010

"Clare the Dragon Slayer" would only be appropriate if the story goes to main land and Clare starts slaying Dragons! :3
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; June 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    "Clare the Dragon Slayer" would only be appropriate if the story goes to main land and Clare starts slaying Dragons! :3
    Could you count Priscilla as a Dragon ? XD

And I thought of another one for Clare; everytime she meets someone who has had some sort of impact on her she gets their Technique (Teresa Illena Raphaela) how about Clare of Embodiment ?

You could also call her: Clare the Puppeteer, cos she's using other peoples powers. But that doesn't sound right with her name XD

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Sleepy Tabatha because she always has her eyes closed when she tries sensing youki.
    How about Sightless Tabatha ? because she close her eyes lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In a fanfic, Clare is unofficially nicknamed 'Clare of Many Souls' by the Ghosts... or sometimes 'that damn brat' - LOL
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2