Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

  1. #136
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Just be smarter with the cabbage

  2. #137
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Adi I have the same problem, I spend my money too carelessly. But I've got some dubloons saved up so I'm not at crisis-point but I could do better. I also have loads of lists of stuff I wanna get. Where is my winning loterry ticket dammit!???

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #138
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I am mad at Gamestop because they wouldn't let me Pre-Order Pokemon White 2.

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #139
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess that I'm not afraid of dying or what comes after. One of my greatest fears, however, is leaving this world unchanged.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #140
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Adi I have the same problem, I spend my money too carelessly. But I've got some dubloons saved up so I'm not at crisis-point but I could do better. I also have loads of lists of stuff I wanna get. Where is my winning loterry ticket dammit!???
    I knooow, right? Let's win the lottery together!

    Naomi, I have a similar fear. I'm afraid of my time coming before I've tried doing all the things I want to do, like chasing after my dreams and having a family.

  9. #141
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I confess that I'm not afraid of dying or what comes after. One of my greatest fears, however, is leaving this world unchanged.
    What do you want to achieve and/or remembered for before leaving?

  10. #142
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I confess that I'm not afraid of dying or what comes after. One of my greatest fears, however, is leaving this world unchanged.
    First part is the same. However, I want to have as much fun as possible. Seek the lulz, to put it aptly. I don't mind doing some of the most retarded things, as long as it's fun.

    My fear, however, I confess is losing fun. How so? Goin blind, becoming para or quadriplegic, etc. I love being able to see and hear, and I love the freedom to walk and go wherever I want. I would be scared shitless if I ever lost this freedom. I'd rather face death than stay in bed all day or resort to wheelchair.


    I confess I'm having horrible thoughts about the burden I'm putting on my parents, especially my dad, regarding our financial situation. We're having quite some problems, and my mom is not making me feel any better with all the nagging and blaming me. I'm thinking about few options, none which are too good. The least worst of them is just transferring all responsibilities to me and running away so they're not burdened, though I'm not sure how that'd work. The worst option would be devastatin for my parents, but I guess better.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #143
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    What do you want to achieve and/or remembered for before leaving?
    I would like to take part in a scientific advancement, but don't think I'll ever get to have enough education to really get to that goal.

    What I really wish is that I could be a teacher because I admire them so much and they are the single most important group of people (other than my mom) that've shaped who I am. Too bad I have zero patience and hate kids.

    If I turn 30 and still feel like I'm not really getting anywhere, I will resort to having a fucking kid. It's the easiest and most sure-fire way to make sure you've left a bit of yourself behind. I'm pretty sure it makes me a bad person for only ever wanting a child for such self-important reasons such as that, but eh. It is what it is. Plus I would probably make a pretty shitty mother.


  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #144
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Well I think you'd be a good mother. And a very cool one too. And good luck with your goals!

  15. #145
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    i confess i never thought i would miss her that much
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #146
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess that sometimes, when you're nice to other people, it really pays back.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #147
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I confess I'm having horrible thoughts about the burden I'm putting on my parents, especially my dad, regarding our financial situation. We're having quite some problems, and my mom is not making me feel any better with all the nagging and blaming me. I'm thinking about few options, none which are too good. The least worst of them is just transferring all responsibilities to me and running away so they're not burdened, though I'm not sure how that'd work. The worst option would be devastatin for my parents, but I guess better.
    Assuming you're not going on a shopping spree, I don't think there's any reason you should feel so bad to the point that you think about running away. It doesn't solve anything, on the contrary it makes both you and your parents miserable. If you leave your house, you have to find a job to make a living asap, you can do that without going away and rushing things, perhaps you can even contribute to the family budget. Whatever your mother says, I'm sure she wouldn't like to lose touch with you, no child is such a burden to his/her parents, it's just her way of relieving stress (contrary to bottling up her emotions) and pressuring you into doing what she thinks is best for you. Stress is your worst enemy, try to think with a clear mind and you'll be fine.

  20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #148
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I would like to take part in a scientific advancement, but don't think I'll ever get to have enough education to really get to that goal.

    What I really wish is that I could be a teacher because I admire them so much and they are the single most important group of people (other than my mom) that've shaped who I am. Too bad I have zero patience and hate kids.

    If I turn 30 and still feel like I'm not really getting anywhere, I will resort to having a fucking kid. It's the easiest and most sure-fire way to make sure you've left a bit of yourself behind. I'm pretty sure it makes me a bad person for only ever wanting a child for such self-important reasons such as that, but eh. It is what it is. Plus I would probably make a pretty shitty mother.

    Those first 2 are some really good targets, hope you get to at least do one of them. Teaching would be the easiest option and most feasible option, just depends on how much you want it I guess and you'd have to learn to be patient with children.

    While having a child is the easiest way to leave a legacy or a part of yourself behind, raising a child isn't easy, and again you'd need a lot of patience. But you're still young, by the time you're reaching 30 your opinion on children will most likely change and you'd be more prepared to have one. Life experiences and all

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    i confess i never thought i would miss her that much
    Miss who?

  22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  23. #149
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess that marathoning Code Geass season 1 was a bad idea before a math quiz. I'm still in something like a vegetative state (which always happens when I see/read something that surprised me) and I'm trying to cram this confusing abstract algebra stuff into my skull (since it's a summer class, it moved beyond me in 2 days and now I'm lost).

    Test - 40min and counting...
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  25. #150
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Assuming you're not going on a shopping spree, I don't think there's any reason you should feel so bad to the point that you think about running away. It doesn't solve anything, on the contrary it makes both you and your parents miserable. If you leave your house, you have to find a job to make a living asap, you can do that without going away and rushing things, perhaps you can even contribute to the family budget. Whatever your mother says, I'm sure she wouldn't like to lose touch with you, no child is such a burden to his/her parents, it's just her way of relieving stress (contrary to bottling up her emotions) and pressuring you into doing what she thinks is best for you. Stress is your worst enemy, try to think with a clear mind and you'll be fine.
    College and dorm room, basically. Costs 559 for the apartment and about 37 for utilities. Apparently dad's balking on insurance payment so I can keep the apartment. Plus, I tend to chalk up about $300 in credit card costs per month... around 2-400.

    Tryin to get a job, but it's hard. Plus, I wouldn't be that miserable. I'd be having an adventure! \o/ I'd 'miss the stability, but the unknown is what makes life fun. In any case, I hate being such a burden to my parents. All because college is fucking expensive, which is bullshit.


    IT's like America doesn't want you to get an education, or they prefer elites get education. Colleges are also operating more like businesses, hirin teachers that are fucking hard to understand. Annoys me so much.

Thread Closed
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts