Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

  1. #1726
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Yes. You do not understand, for your mind is far too closed to comprehend. Open your mind, expand the realms beyond what you assume is true.

  2. #1727
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I would actually say: Are you easily detracted enough to throw away time you need to spend on your own? Are you weak-minded enough to fall in-line with other people's criticisms just to feel part of a group?

    Yeah, I am a major cynic when it comes to making friends because I have to fight the urge to value others more than myself. None of us can know someone entirely, so all we remember or know is just a shadow. It's important to treat people as people instead of the shadow. That means you can't care too deeply.
    You could always think along those lines, but you aren't going past your troubles through that path.
    It's because you have to treat people as who they are, you need to get to know them somehow and that needs faith in that very same person.

  3. #1728
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I've always read about these fancy and sophisticated machines used in chemistry to determine how much analyte there is in a substance, or what something might be made of.

    It's really strange that I'm actually using them in lab now. Sometimes, technology can be just as enchanting as a masterpiece fantasy novel.

    And I'm pretty sure the HPLC I'm using costs at least nine times as much as my car.
    So that means you actually did your homework? :P

  4. #1729
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    You could always think along those lines, but you aren't going past your troubles through that path.
    It's because you have to treat people as who they are, you need to get to know them somehow and that needs faith in that very same person.
    You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.

    Someone who seems nice and genuine is not necessarily a good person. Certainly not when they start to attack and manipulate you. You thought you could trust them, but then they show that you misread them entirely and the trust will be used against you. Then you can't tell anyone, because they all see the cover image of a nice person. Since our society can't deal with these nutzoids until they go postal and commit a crime, I'd rather be on the defense. The last thing I need is to deal with another kook who can damage my reputation.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    For some reason, this post makes me wanna cut my wrists. Kute's posts usually does the trick.
    Emo Milly?

    .
    .
    .

    *snicker*
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  5. #1730
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.

    Someone who seems nice and genuine is not necessarily a good person. Certainly not when they start to attack and manipulate you. You thought you could trust them, but then they show that you misread them entirely and the trust will be used against you. Then you can't tell anyone, because they all see the cover image of a nice person. Since our society can't deal with these nutzoids until they go postal and commit a crime, I'd rather be on the defense. The last thing I need is to deal with another kook who can damage my reputation.
    As unfeasible as it may sound, you can see the soul of someone else. Getting to read a person's soul isn't something easily achievable, however, which makes us think it's impossible within human boundaries. For that to become even remotely possible, you have to know who you are. Without that, anything further will sound just like pure imagination.

    Indeed, human beings aren't one-dimensional as one would like to think. You cannot avoid being hurt when you open up yourself. Though, it's the very same action that will lead to others showing their true sides more and more. There is nothing wrong with believing in people. That said, there is something wrong with believing in them more than you trust yourself.
    If you are really hurt by the fact that people are covering themselves with images and not being completely sincere, I'd suggest you to stop worrying about your reputation. It's nothing but a cover image people hold of about your personality, after all.

  6. #1731
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    As unfeasible as it may sound, you can see the soul of someone else.
    Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?

    We see what we want to see. We hear what we want to hear. We say what we want to say. But all of these are not necessarily true.

    Quote Quote:
    If you are really hurt by the fact that people are covering themselves with images and not being completely sincere, I'd suggest you to stop worrying about your reputation. It's nothing but a cover image people hold of about your personality, after all.
    Just one kook can ruin your life and career. I've seen it.

    You cannot be truthful about yourself when there are people who use it against you. You cannot control them because our system cannot control them.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  7. #1732
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?

    We see what we want to see. We hear what we want to hear. We say what we want to say. But all of these are not necessarily true.
    I have already replied to these with my following statements you quoted. It's not simple. It's impossible if you aren't really reaching your own heart in the first place.
    I disagree. People have identities of their own. Whatever deception they may try to use, it doesn't change at all. Saying that all depends purely on an unbalanced will is underestimating the value of this life.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Just one kook can ruin your life and career. I've seen it.

    You cannot be truthful about yourself when there are people who use it against you. You cannot control them because our system cannot control them.
    I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying just let it be. If you consider your entire life is a game of deception, degrading it to the level that there doesn't exist any sort of sincerity in it, why can't you just let it go?
    If the people I'm up against are morally corrupted and I really do care about that, what does that make out of me as a human? I can't have it both ways. Either I need to be sincere to my own and be a savior of my own life or need to be more evil than the devil itself and beat them at their own games, in which I can't complain about the defiled world around me any further.

  8. #1733
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I have already replied to these with my following statements you quoted. It's not simple. It's impossible if you aren't really reaching your own heart in the first place.
    Wow. So basically all those tragedies happened at the fault of everyone around the person who didn't try hard enough? That's cruel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I disagree. People have identities of their own. Whatever deception they may try to use, it doesn't change at all. Saying that all depends purely on an unbalanced will is underestimating the value of this life.
    Change is a fact of life. People change all the time and our views change, almost never to match each other. You can predict it, but you cannot always be right.

    I think that change is why life is so fascinating. But that's me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying just let it be. If you consider your entire life is a game of deception, degrading it to the level that there doesn't exist any sort of sincerity in it, why can't you just let it go?
    Hey, hey - where did I say it was all deception? I said it exists, so it's better to be on the defense and not get caught up in the illusion that a lack of friends is a direct reflection of yourself.

    Quote Quote:
    If the people I'm up against are morally corrupted and I really do care about that, what does that make out of me as a human?
    Huh? Did I bring up morality? I'm just talking actions here.

    It just makes you human because everyone deals with kooks. Mental illness is pretty prevalent.

    Quote Quote:
    I can't have it both ways. Either I need to be sincere to my own and be a savior of my own life or need to be more evil than the devil itself and beat them at their own games, in which I can't complain about the defiled world around me any further.
    Who says you can't live in between? Who says you can't survive?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  9. #1734
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Wow. So basically all those tragedies happened at the fault of everyone around the person who didn't try hard enough? That's cruel.
    I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Change is a fact of life. People change all the time and our views change, almost never to match each other. You can predict it, but you cannot always be right.

    I think that change is why life is so fascinating. But that's me.
    Ah, apologies for the confusion. Having an identity is an unchanging fact was what I tried to state. The identity itself is definitely due a change.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Hey, hey - where did I say it was all deception? I said it exists, so it's better to be on the defense and not get caught up in the illusion that a lack of friends is a direct reflection of yourself.
    You didn't, but rather, I concluded it from your statement.
    Isn't it a deception if it all comes down to a mere interpretation of the life, a perception?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Huh? Did I bring up morality? I'm just talking actions here.

    It just makes you human because everyone deals with kooks. Mental illness is pretty prevalent.
    I'm not so sure about that, but I can't really come up with a better explanation on my own, so, I'll have to agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Who says you can't live in between? Who says you can't survive?
    Me (=
    The one who brought up the morality concept.

  10. #1735
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    You see, that's the problem. You don't know who they are. I don't know who they are. It's the human condition: you cannot see the soul of someone else. You will never have faith in a person: only in what the shadow you see.
    You can get some insight into who they are, which can help you out. I guess the problem is that peopel begin to trust and become blinder. For those bad people, it's all about knowing how to be normal, I guess.
    Quote Quote:

    Emo Milly?

    .
    .
    .

    *snicker*
    Blame the posts from you guys, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Oh? And if we really had this magic power, why did all those children die at Sandy Hook? Why did someone gun down a bunch of people at a movie theater in Colorado? Weren't the people closest to them supposed to see the soul and stop the person before the tragedy happened?
    Because no one took the time to see the truth? Or do anything about it? Or have enough aknowledge? If I recall, it's the mom's fault for Sandy Hook.

  11. #1736
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Because no one took the time to see the truth? Or do anything about it? Or have enough aknowledge? If I recall, it's the mom's fault for Sandy Hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I know.
    And that's unacceptable.

    Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.

    Quote Quote:
    You didn't, but rather, I concluded it from your statement.
    Isn't it a deception if it all comes down to a mere interpretation of the life, a perception?
    Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  12. #1737
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    And that's unacceptable.

    Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.



    Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
    I wasn't specifically referring to the mental illness victims. I don't see a particular reason to consider them as the focus point of the subject, either.
    To put it simply, though, I could say the causes of the mental disorder is not limited to genetic heritage and is often directly related with how a person finds out a way to survive within the community.
    This is a world of associations. You can't ignore other people's sufferings, give no effort to understand them and then complain by looking at the end result. I don't really understand your last sentence, anyway. Who thinks that they deserve to be blamed? All people around the said person with disorder are to blame themselves for not being able to deal with it.

    Ah, I see. Just a difference of opinion. Deception in my book is the perception that we impose on ourselves. In short, a human only gets fooled by no one else but himself for me.

  13. #1738
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    And that's unacceptable.

    Because both of you are saying that the community is too blame for mental illness. That's a long-dead notion. Mental illness is commonly genetic and connected to structural abnormalities. It can be adolescent-onset or present from birth. Those with mental illness grow up with a distorted perception. Their families have to live with a fundamentally distorted relative. When the afflicted individual doesn't want to learn how to overcome their disability or adapts in an aberrant manner, it becomes a hopeless battle. Thanks to people like you and other stigmas, they have to hide it within the family because they will be unfairly blamed for a medical condition out of their control.



    Perception =/= deception. Perception is all we have. Deception implies that we are being fooled.
    You misunderstand me. I meant it could be the public or authority's fault for lettin things happen, not for the mental illness. I mean, look at how the mom bought guns and taught her kids, especially her autistic (?) kid, how to use guns.

  14. #1739
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess that I'm supernervous for my non-date date.

    So nervous...

  15. #1740
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess I'm on earthy's side, despite the fact that I haven't even read one post of the discussion.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts