Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 20 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

I confess I pissed off a former member here on Facebook with my status passively aimed at him. Commented on the status, called me names, and probably blocked me.

I confess I couldn't give a shit. He was getting too annoying with all his whining about his relationship every week or two. I actually feel liberated. If he got butthurt over me saying relationship needs work instead of whining on FB, then his problem.

I confess this is actually inspiring me to be fully honest, especially to see how people react. Best way to judge.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not honesty. Honesty would have meant telling him what was on your mind in a mature and diplomatic manner. Making your Facebook status a thinly veiled reference to him was passive-aggressive, not honest.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 16, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was directed at others too, hence why I made it into a status. v.v

I like telling people what's on my mind in a mature way.

People like reacting in an immature, stupid way. hrugs

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Using your facebook status is not a mature way to tell people what is on your mind. Speaking to people individually, in private, without hostility is the mature way to handle conflict.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, I was questioning how people dealt with shit.

Cuz yanno? Few people have complained about relationship problems, though this guy took it a step further.

Besides, the problem with me being honest is: I can be mature about it, but people will usually react in a douchey way no matter how true it is. I've tried it plenty of times even on here, but got dismissed, so no point.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

B-but Milly, we all love to mock you D: I believe the greatest part of us is just kidding with you when we're douches (at least, I am). Kait has a point there, though xD even when you separate those groups of peeps. There are better ways of dealing with people's problem than exposing those shits xD

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

HOW?

I try being honest. THey get all kolaveri di. I try being nicely honest, they either dismiss it or get all kolaveri di. USUALLY GET NOWHERE.

It's like, people only like honesty if it makes them feel better or look better.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're still pissing you off can't you just ignore them? or maybe they enjoy teasing/pissing you off on a regular basis even if you're honest with them?

I would just ignore them...but even that has limits I guess if it's recurring and they don't get hint. <_<

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignoring never works. D:

Though admittedly, I didn't try ignoring until way later.

I confess the only reason I'm going to NYC second Saturday in a row is to meet my cousin after a long time. Don't wanna go, but I wanna hang out with him.

I confess I'm also pretty annoyed at my dad using the car I drive to drop our friend/random worker at home. Nigga smells bad, and he makes the car smell bad too. X_x Dad still ignored me telling him to use the van instead.

---------- Post added July 17, 2012 at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was July 16, 2012 at 04:22 PM ----------

I confess that after reading my fortune, I do feel lucky that I'm still a mod despite the shit I've said and possibly even done. Especially for this long.

I confess the ironic part of this confession is that it says that I have a style of my own. Which I agree with. Probably the only reason why people put up with me. :x

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I'm just not okay. I feel so very lonely, even though I go out more often than before. I'm just not happy. I'm slowly drifting away. I don't feel like doing anything, time just passes me by. I feel so pathetic.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Today, I said fuck it to my current self and things needed to change about me. Firstly I am working on not being so nice and caring.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that my parents' divorce will never stop haunting.

I confess that there's always some new bull shit with it, and I no longer have the emotional capabilities to deal with any of it.

Eight years and it seems like nothing has healed, eight years of practice with numbing, bottling up, or just flat out hardening my heart to it. Unfortunately, it's seeped into other aspects and relationships I've had and I feel like it's too fucking late to do anything about it. I'm tired of being sad and I'm tired of how that's formed into hatred. It's easier to be angry than it is to be heart-broken and it's easier to feel nothing than to let either one eat away at me anymore.

I am fucking tired.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I confess that my parents' divorce will never stop haunting.

I confess that there's always some new bull shit with it, and I no longer have the emotional capabilities to deal with any of it.

Eight years and it seems like nothing has healed, eight years of practice with numbing, bottling up, or just flat out hardening my heart to it. Unfortunately, it's seeped into other aspects and relationships I've had and I feel like it's too fucking late to do anything about it. I'm tired of being sad and I'm tired of how that's formed into hatred. It's easier to be angry than it is to be heart-broken and it's easier to feel nothing than to let either one eat away at me anymore.

I am fucking tired.
    You're not them. You don't have to be them. Don't be them.

However fucked up it is between them it resulted in you. It resulted in your sisters. It resulted in a family. Those are facts, and they're the only ones that actually matter.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I dreamed about my girlfriend cheating on me... with my cousin... even though I know it was just a dream I feel scared for some reason when I think about that possibility (though not with my cousin lol)

Yeah it's a baseless fear but sometimes dreams feel so real and really scare me like one time when I dreamed that my best friend had a huge fight with me due to a school project that was putting us under lots of pressure. After that dream I avoided him as many times as possible waiting for that fear of our relationship being ruined by a stupid project was over.

I hate how some dreams can make me paranoid sometimes.

Plus the dream reminded me of a previous experience when an ex-gf used to tease me using one of my friends. Of course I broke up with her as I was fed up with her attitude but I liked her a lot and the way she played me and other people left some scars I guess.
    Last edited by BBB Banana; July 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I made another D on my cal 3 exam. I need a C in the class to move on to differential equations. And if I can't move on to diff eq, then I can't take physical chemistry and then I'll be set back an entire semester.

And at the same time I'm sitting here thinking "If I can't pass something as easy as calculus 3, how the fuck am I ever going to pass a class like physical chemistry?"

I hate how I'm not good enough for all of the things I want. I consistently feel disappointed in myself.

Thread Closed
Page 20 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast