Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

I've always believed that emotions, metaphorically resemble human fingerprints. As a relative feeling, pain is shaped by the personality of a person and the external factors surrounding that person(exact situation, faith, family, friends, culture, society, etc). Hence pain is "unique" to every person. I'm not saying that one can't relate to pain, because in the end, suffering means suffering; but rather, I'm suggesting that its effects or its symptoms (if you wish) shape the degree of pain. Hence, outsiders can relate to pain (because heck, everyone suffered in one way or another), but they cannot completely understand it because their whole experience and way of life were rather different.

For example, a mother who lost her child can relate to another mother who experienced the same thing. However, external elements impact the degree of pain. Imagine that one lost a child at birth, whilst the other lost an teenage child. One was married, the other was a widow...one had children, the other did not...one had a good financial situation and the support of her family the other didn't. One was a strong believer, the other was not....etc, etc, etc, etc ~ the list goes on and on!!!!

Bottom line is that pain exists to be felt...it's simply the way it is. However, how you deal with it is important...and what Milly suggested is legit ~ a positive attitude towards life helps you move on, continue to live so that you can experience happiness...not only pain.

@Haku...just for the record...why would you want to change a person?
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a variety of explanations one can come up with to this, but if I were to say neatly, I would say it's related to the inner desires.
    You are trying to shape the world into your own comfort zone, consciously or subconsciously, cause you desire it to be that way. That's pretty much the same as desiring to go live in an island, isolated from society by any means. If you cannot change people, which is something you won't be able to do, you shut the door on them, so that their opinions will not get to you.

In one other way, you may choose to become friends with those who constantly stress your major issues considering your view of life.
    Then, every friendship, every bond becomes a challenge.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    I'm the type of person that envisions life as a sewer carrying loads of shit. However, from time to time this sewer has manholes which can help one climb to the surface. Yet, reaching the surface is dependent on the decision to find the manhole and in some cases to climb it up. What I'm trying to say here is that you can decide with whom to become friends. As they say: you can choose your friends; but you can't choose your family. In life, you will meet many people but not all will share your interests, opinions, and ideas. Hence, you will choose to befriend those you can relate to. Besides, you have to realize and accept that people are different and imperfect (even you). Isolation is not the way to happiness...acceptance is! ~ at least, I see it that way. I'm not saying you should accept shit, I'm just saying that you should try to accept that, maybe, no one can meet your expectations.

Similarly to you, I am a visionary. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that mentality can't be easily changed. So my advice is to be like Galileo Galilei (I hope you know his story)~ don't renounce an idea only because others are against it, but rather convince (without imposing) them that your idea is legit. Besides, you have to be aware that maybe in your lifetime, no one will accept your ways/opinions/methods. But that should not stop you from trying. Maybe, future generations will thank you for it.
    ms.ancy...my fondness grows for u with ur every post....

Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I see.
    You have come up with a very good explanation of yours here.

It's because I acknowledge my imperfection, I developed a tendency to have a go at myself as if I'm as weak as a nobody. That shouldn't be the way to treat your self, either. In my judgement, it was a poorly developed plan over years, so, I had to throw it away as a whole.
    There are two ways to get out of that unending road down. One, embrace yourself as who you are. Two, embrace other people as who they are. If one can achieve both, he'll embrace the life as it is, which is supposedly the only way not to make a hell out of this world in my eyes.

I myself already gave up on trying to force things through. Now, I'm more observant and understanding. However, I cannot easily cast aside the emotion I feel radiating from people around me, so, in the end, I can totally ignore one's presence based on intuitive perception.
    I feel like this is another mistake, but I couldn't come with an answer to it yet.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always believed that emotions, metaphorically resemble human fingerprints. As a relative feeling, pain is shaped by the personality of a person and the external factors surrounding that person(exact situation, faith, family, friends, culture, society, etc). Hence pain is "unique" to every person. I'm not saying that one can't relate to pain, because in the end, suffering means suffering; but rather, I'm suggesting that its effects or its symptoms (if you wish) shape the degree of pain. Hence, outsiders can relate to pain (because heck, everyone suffered in one way or another), but they cannot completely understand it because their whole experience and way of life were rather different.

For example, a mother who lost her child can relate to another mother who experienced the same thing. However, external elements impact the degree of pain. Imagine that one lost a child at birth, whilst the other lost an teenage child. One was married, the other was a widow...one had children, the other did not...one had a good financial situation and the support of her family the other didn't. One was a strong believer, the other was not....etc, etc, etc, etc ~ the list goes on and on!!!!

Bottom line is that pain exists to be felt...it's simply the way it is. However, how you deal with it is important...and what Milly suggested is legit ~ a positive attitude towards life helps you move on, continue to live so that you can experience happiness...not only pain.

Please don't take this too seriously but when I saw Ancy's posts I went...

tl;dr

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

:cookieface..........that shows how little you know about me, Niichan....I confess that I'm more than meets the eye!
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am being sponsered to go to a Magic Tournament in Dallas in January... I am excited

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I am being sponsered to go to a Magic Tournament in Dallas in January... I am excited
    ...to never get laid again!!!!!

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    ...to never get laid again!!!!!
    #YOLO

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this for real?

Who wastes money in sponsoring people to play Magic?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wait, I spoke too soon. He is going to Dallas

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't know. Maybe you're right in calling me negative.
    I used to call myself a crybaby a while ago.

It's just I find the kind of lifestyle too ignorant and motive-lacking in reality. In the end, perspectives are different and no matter how hard you try to shape a person as you wished, he'll end up where he's supposed to be.
    Did you like being a crybaby? Are you a crybaby now? If you don't like it, then change. I hate it when people whine about somethign they can change. One person I follow on Twitter whines like a little bitch, and when we, especially I, try to give him advice, he comes up with plethora of excuses after fucking excuses that I just said "fuck it, I give up." now I'm sure he's doing it for attention and is a dumbass.

What lifestyle?

And no crap. It's up to the person himself to change. You can threaten to change the person all you want, but he'll regress unless he truly wants to change. Changing one's self is hard, it takes time, it takes determination. It's not easy. Anyone who says it's easy is bullshitting, or hasn't really changed. All you can do is guide the persona and help him stay on his path, but you cna't force him to change.

I agree, pain is always a point of view thing. For example, I don't see the pain in HxH being on hiatus, but I was said when Naruto was on hiatus before it got shit, even if for two weeks compared to HxH's month long hiatus.

Positivity is helpful. I try to be positive mainly to avoid getting angry, getting revenge, etc. It helps as well. Positivity can let you see things in a better way and new light, instead of focusing on negative. I firmly believe that there's always at least one door open no matter how many doors close.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Oh wait, I spoke too soon. He is going to Dallas
    I think when Naomi sees this. She will slap you.... Metaphorically

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think when Naomi sees this. She will slap you.... Metaphorically
    *Figuratively

Maybe, but considering I may enjoy it she might reconsider.

Anyways, good luck with the nerdgasm

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast