Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

I confess I'm kinda depressed since after talkign with an old friend, another friend of ours was brought up. Haven't seen or talked to her in such a long time, and I horribly miss her. She was a bright presence and a good person, I even had a crush/feelings for her.

I confess I'm also conflicted as I'm not sure if she saw me as a friend or cared about me as much, considering few things. I hope she did, as I did a lot for her and went against a lot of people for her.

I confess I hope I get to talk to her soon or something, regardless of how I felt about her or how I think she feels about me. Either way, she was a great person to talk to.

I confess I think I'm one of the few who talk to people for who they are, not because I expect them to act or behave like this. Meaning someone could act like a douche or complete opposite of what I expect, but I'd still talk to them, especially if I enjoy it. I don't judge, but I'm probably wrong. Meh.

I confess I hate emotions and feelings. <_<

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I confess I'm kinda depressed since after talkign with an old friend, another friend of ours was brought up. Haven't seen or talked to her in such a long time, and I horribly miss her. She was a bright presence and a good person, I even had a crush/feelings for her.

I confess I'm also conflicted as I'm not sure if she saw me as a friend or cared about me as much, considering few things. I hope she did, as I did a lot for her and went against a lot of people for her.

I confess I hope I get to talk to her soon or something, regardless of how I felt about her or how I think she feels about me. Either way, she was a great person to talk to.

I confess I think I'm one of the few who talk to people for who they are, not because I expect them to act or behave like this. Meaning someone could act like a douche or complete opposite of what I expect, but I'd still talk to them, especially if I enjoy it. I don't judge, but I'm probably wrong. Meh.

I confess I hate emotions and feelings. <_<
    Don't hate them. Embrace them and when you do that, you'll be able to overcome any sort of problem without having much trouble.
    Without emotions, you'd be robbed of a good portion of what makes every person special on their own.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

no, lack of feelings = no problems whatsoever. -_- Without emotions, I'd be more blunt, honest, and myself simply because I don't give a shit how others would react.

Much like how Sasuke is blunt, or how Luffy or Zoro tends to be blunt. Life is much better when you don't care.

Just ask Tobi.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If you wouldn't be caring about anything, what would be the point of being blunt, honest or yourself? A complete of lack of feelings directly translates into a void personality and a human being cannot be void.

Sasuke? The guy spent all his life trying to kill his brother because he killed his parents, and then, after learning the truth, he is spending the rest of it trying to crush his own village because they put his brother under a heavy burden.
    Tell me how Sasuke doesn't care. He actually cares, but he is such an idiot that we think he's an emotionless moron or something.
    And Tobi? The guy is a maniac. For the record, I told you to embrace the feelings, and pain and being hurt is a part of it, too. Tobi did the opposite and is now after a pointless revenge although he blabbers on about "I'm nobody".

Anyway, being blunt isn't anything related with shutting down your emotions. It's about keeping yourself balanced. By keeping your essence (thoughts, emotions, ego, soul) in balance, you'll get to get a hold of your reactions to the events.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Being blunt means honest or truth, just telling it as it is. You don't need feelings for that. I never said Sasuke was emotionless, I said he was blunt. Blunt is not related to lack of emotion.

O_O

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we stop talking about Sasuke, Naruto, or any of this? What does this have to do with real life?

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Without emotions, I'd be more blunt, honest, and myself simply because I don't give a shit how others would react.
    Always remember there is a fine line between being blunt and being rude.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends. People are too sensitive or tend to get butthurt so easily.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends. People are too sensitive or tend to get butthurt so easily.
    I think thats cliched, I really dont believe it to be true. You see when a person gets butthurt about things, but you dont see the million other things that a person has not gotten butthurt over. It's confirmation bias at work.

Everyone has issues they are sensitive about, but what I am sensitive about is not the same as what you might be sensitive about. The same way you might appreciate someone being tactful about your sensitivities, you should try and be of others. Forthrightness doesn't necessitate rudeness. You shouldn't go out of your way to prove you are a blunt person to yourself, by offending others. It's called manners dude, colloquially known here as 'not being a twat'.

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

However, offending others is also a point of view thing. What one person says to another, might be viewed as offensive to another. Blunt is much better as it's straight to the point. Too many people tend to beat around the bush or tend to not understand until you lay it out for them, directly.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

However, offending others is also a point of view thing. What one person says to another, might be viewed as offensive to another. Blunt is much better as it's straight to the point. Too many people tend to beat around the bush or tend to not understand until you lay it out for them, directly.
    Offence is a two way street. It is given and it is taken. You cant control how its received but you can limit how much potential offence you give. Excessive bluntness falls under that category. Of course there are situations that warrant bluntness or ones that even make it necessary, it becomes a matter of judgement. I think problems arise when you set out to be blunt for blunts sake, and as I said there is a fine line, and you should be wary of crossing it into outright rudeness.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess my lack of confession.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Offence is a two way street. It is given and it is taken. You cant control how its received but you can limit how much potential offence you give. Excessive bluntness falls under that category. Of course there are situations that warrant bluntness or ones that even make it necessary, it becomes a matter of judgement. I think problems arise when you set out to be blunt for blunts sake, and as I said there is a fine line, and you should be wary of crossing it into outright rudeness.
    Oh right, excessive bluntness is what we all would rather avoid.

I confess that I've an awesome stalking/detective skills.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I watched the PBS Masterpiece Classic over Wuthering Heights today and cried a lot.

And as we're just a few minutes from the end of the three or four hour special my mom says, "I dunno.... It just feels like I haven't even read this book. I mean, when do they hang her?" I'm like "Hang her? She doesn't get hanged..." And my mom says, "yes, they hang her at the end of the book." To which I reply, "Mom/ You do realize that we're watching Wuthering Heights, right? This isn't Tess of the D'Ubervilles."

Mi madre: "Ohhhhhhhhh! Oh. Okay. Yeah, I've never read this book. But oh my god, now I definitely want to read it!"

She spoiled the entire novel for herself. And considering it's my favorite book, I was very disappointed. What a tard. She didn't notice she was watching something completely different until the last five minutes. Wuthering Heights and Tess of the D'Ubervilles have virtually nothing in common. I told her that I think the blonde hair dye is seeping to her brain.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Being blunt means honest or truth, just telling it as it is. You don't need feelings for that. I never said Sasuke was emotionless, I said he was blunt. Blunt is not related to lack of emotion.

O_O
    No, you exactly need feelings for it.
    I feel too honorable to consistently tell lies, so, it has a direct relation.
    In no way you can interpret a personal quality in a separate way, discarding your emotional state.

Thread Closed
Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast