Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Just make sure you go with a decision that you won't regret and go "what if" years down the line.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

... Adi. Don't do it. It's a trap

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    ... Adi. Don't do it. It's a trap
    xD But I love Skype!

Moa, muah-muah, good luck with your crush. There is this girl friendzoning moment where the girl actually likes the boy, but still doesn't know she does (personal experience tells me that xD).

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, first of all. I have to admit, I didn't feel anything when I heard about the shooting at Sandy Hook E.S. No remorse or sympathy for the lives lost because I didn't know them. I understood that 20 children lost their lives when they could have grown up into adults and have their own family and die old. I only got more agitated at the numerous amounts of Facebook Posts, Articles, and Comments on Reports and Articles, showing their sympathy, because I didn't know if they truly felt that way or only posted like that to get attention.

Yet today, I completely lost it. I get a Phone Call from my Mom stating that she just got a phone call from the Elementary that my little sister is going to. The phone call was telling my Mom that today a kid in my sister's 4th grade class brought a gun and knife to school. As soon as I heard that I completely lost it because... Well it could have been a similar incident that happened in Connecticut and I could of lost my little sister... I just couldn't bare the thought of losing her or actually attending a funeral for a 10 year old... So, now I know what most of America felt like... And now the vision won't leave my head or my heart.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ, glad your sister's okay. What the fuck is going on with this goddamn country?

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

When I think about losing my sisters, I get sick. Especially my youngest one. Just thinking about it, I already know that I would want to die. I would not want to live in a world without my older sister or my two younger ones.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the US... the world is sick and it's making people sick too.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    When I think about losing my sisters, I get sick. Especially my youngest one. Just thinking about it, I already know that I would want to die. I would not want to live in a world without my older sister or my two younger ones.
    I would die if I lost either my Brother or my sister... But we live in a world were we can't just send kids to elementary school and think they are safe anymore.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending you all love from here, guys.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I have a lot brothers and all of them are older than me... I not sure how I would react, I know that I would be pretty sad and would cry a lot on their funeral, but outside of that I don't know.
    I mean, bad things happen everyday, sometimes closer, sometimes far away. After they happen, there's no cameback, we can't change the past, so only thing to do is mourn the lost, deal with it on your own way and move on.
    Off course I'm talking hypothetically, if someone lose a brother I wouldn't say that... I would just try to be supportive.

anyway, get better! Be glad that nothing seriously happened to your sister

And the answer to this madness is simple... buy more guns, right?
    Last edited by TheMoa; December 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea behind buying more guns is that the people with guns are better able to protect. For example, if the principal had the gun, she could have shot the killer right in the face or something. They're saying that allowing more people to have guns can increase protection because they'd be able to fight back, since guns are more dangerous than knives and shit.

However, I wonder if they know that allowing more people to have guns increase the risk of more people going on a rampage or shooting someone.

Banning guns won't work either because people will refuse to give up their guns and even if they do, they can still get guns in different ways.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The idea behind buying more guns is that the people with guns are better able to protect. For example, if the principal had the gun, she could have shot the killer right in the face or something. They're saying that allowing more people to have guns can increase protection because they'd be able to fight back, since guns are more dangerous than knives and shit.

However, I wonder if they know that allowing more people to have guns increase the risk of more people going on a rampage or shooting someone.

Banning guns won't work either because people will refuse to give up their guns and even if they do, they can still get guns in different ways.
    That argument is completely retarded. Just think of all the bad things involving guns and compare it to all the good things that happen. Doesn't that seem disproportionate? It holds no water.

Banning guns won't work because its unconstitutional.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have parents and a brother. (I have more family than that but they abandoned us.) I often have to face the fear that they all might lose themselves in depression. We have so much working against us. My sib has to take on an increased workload to support us all while living with his mistakes at university. My parents aren't allowed to do what they love. Nobody wants to hire a couple of old fogies, even if they have greater mental acuity than their contemporaries who are dragged along by their friends to overpaying do-nothing positions. Every two weeks someone feels unappreciated and/or depressed, and it is so hard to talk them out of it when the world says "in no uncertain terms, fuck you".

I'm more fearful of stress-induced heart attacks or suicides than some anonymous nutcase shooting us. The latter is something that you can't control once the person has an agenda and a gun.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That argument is completely retarded. Just think of all the bad things involving guns and compare it to all the good things that happen. Doesn't that seem disproportionate? It holds no water.

I don't think banning guns will do but they shouldn't not let non militars or cops have acess to riffles.

I mean if it is for self defense revolvers are more than enough for that. Riffles are only used by these psychos.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post

That's what I got from some of the pics I've seen and from my friends' statuses. I would personally rather all guns be banned, but that's a naive idea. I even read that a middle east country has teachers with guns to protect the kids, and so far, nothing has happened as far as I know. Something could have, but I didn't see it, so I dunno if it's as effective as they say it is.

Fuck unconstitutional. People need to focus on safety. I think the blame lies with the mom, for the most part. She taught her kids how to handle guns, and I think she didn't even lock it up. She knew her son was autistic, why teach him ways of guns?

Thread Closed
Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast