Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Eiji, those things will be good for your independence, imo!
    I used to have a really hard time to focus (I still do, whenever I'm not totally into what I have to do) and some instrumental songs used to help me a lot, I could concentrate better while listening to them. Maybe that will help?^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I feel great and I'll be going on a looooong hiatus. Might make an appearance sometimes, but not very often. Gonna be veeeery busy with life.

I wish you all the best people!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck with your life, Adichichi!

I confess I'm fucking miserable in this goddamn apartment for some reason. I've gone with the assumption of bad lighting, creating a dark atmosphere.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Best of luck with your life, Adichichi!

I confess I'm fucking miserable in this goddamn apartment for some reason. I've gone with the assumption of bad lighting, creating a dark atmosphere.
    Buy a lamp

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I just finished Portal 2 and god that game was fun. The final section was perfectly done (even though I skipped over dialogue because I'd react immediately to the game events.) And damn, GLaDOS does remind me of my older sister. It's scary.

So, it took my since July to finish. Yes I am a slowpoke.

Now onto trying to get some sleep. I had a midterm and assignment due today that I didn't get nearly enough sleep before. So now I need to catch up on the deficit...
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess a certain band is making me sound like a 15y old fangirl when thinking about it (Abney Park).

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Buy a lamp

I did.

---------- Post added September 30, 2012 at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was September 28, 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

I confess I'm confused as to why my new signature did not appear in the posts I made before the new signature when it usually shows the change...

right?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess - I'm really beginning to be bothered by my bad memory problems.
    Yesterday was such a fail....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess something good and something bad happened to me.
    (you can see both in my thread)

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that nothing is more distressing than a privileged child telling me that she doesn't want her taxes to go to welfare because welfare recipients are "all druggies".

When she hasn't worked a day in her life and I have been working since I was fucking 15 years old.

I see this moron crying out that she shouldn't have to pay welfare of the undesirables, when I have to work my ass off to help my unfortunate parents who would be called undesirables. It's just so upsetting, that there's this total disconnect between actions and consequences.

And I just think of how my Grandpa said that he never wanted to ever see someone starving on the streets again.

Why is there so much ignorant recklessness and hate in the world?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Because her parents have not taught her any better. put her with the welfare recipients for a month and she's likely gonna change her mind and start appreciating the money she has.

I confess that one of my motivation for getting rich is to help out the homeless by constructing homes where they can live in for free. Homelessness and hunger should never exist, and there'd be way less of it if the wealthy contributed.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I took my midterm and think it went really well! Very happy it worked out!

I'd say her parents taught her exactly what I'd expect. She's the daughter of a agribiz small company. However, considering how they run the business in Humboldt, I think it's a mediocrity (I've been near Silicon Valley biz and it's much more cut-throat). Regardless, she's using her father's complaining about how he has to pay more to cover his employees and that the same money he pays goes to the wacky hippies growing pot in the forest. Her solution? Drug test everyone who gets food stamps and throw them in a facility (and basically cut off all aid).

I was just horrified. Pragmatically, using the word "drug" is very general. I dinged her on how coffee and cigarettes are drugs and she twitched and practically tried to run to the door (I'm also a little ticked that this is an unfortunate result of the DARE movement. Kids are ignorant of what drugs are: compounds and molecules used for a particular pharmaceutical effect. The result is puritanical "all drugs are bad and alcohol is not a drug", up to the point that many college students jump to the opposite extreme because "hey this drug feels good, why was I told I would swell up and explode if I did it, so I'll just do more and more and..". The reality is neglected in this peculiar American morality complex over pharmaceuticals. Honestly, I've never done a stronger drug than tylenol and coffee and that's because right now I don't want to introduce something in my life that I could lose control over, like how I don't want a boyfriend. But associating morality with drug use is crazy.)

Tangent aside, I was pissed with her because people generally use drugs to ease the pain of their life. The worse the circumstance, the easier to get addicted to the few good things you have left. So these people need help - medical, employment, housing, etc. We can't eliminate people because of this insane morality standard.

As for her situation, I outlined that in her area, the reason why there might be people who are always "high on pot and remaining on welfare" is that there is a nuisance black market industry of growing pot there. The solution is not to cut off these people but to remove the attractive nuisance. But she ran away from that because she had to have her morality complex.

At the core of it all, it's the strange, almost abused, attitude that "if I could achieve the American Dream for myself and my life is full of pain, then why can't they? I never used drugs or government help!"

It's sickening, because there is a failure to recognize their own situation. They were fundamentally lucky. If everyone could achieve what they had, we wouldn't be having the unemployment problem. The system is rigged, but they like to declare "it's easy!". It isn't. I see this every day that my employed 20-something brother gets anonymous recruiters asking for meetings and my 50-something parents get turned away from positions because they are too old and "can't possibly know any of the new tech" (which is ludicrous, because the principles behind the tech industry have never changed. There are new products, new technologies, but the fundamental discipline hasn't changed.)

Everyone is fiscally conservative on everything but their interests these days. And one of the most distressing things I heard last night is "if I choose what charities my money goes to, I should be able to choose who my taxes go to."

It's this strange "I don't have to help anyone, you can't make me" and "I want to only support the purest Americans who are white, evangelical single mothers with three kids who do no drugs" attitude. Because of fear that they will be fools for giving "hard earned money" to people who will live on the given dime and do nothing. Just like the fear that terrorists could attack, so we must search everyone from a Middle-Eastern country.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your midterm! =D

She really claims she's achieved the American Dream? How? Why would she think that? She's done absolutely nothing but use her father's money, right? She has no right to think she's entitled to anything when she's worked for nothing. In any case, I think it's a horrible logic to say all druggies don't have jobs or don't do anything.

How old is she? Has she even experienced life or is she just going with the popular opinion/what her parents told her? Though, views on drugs are ironic or contradictory. ALmost no one will consider pharmaceutical drugs as drugs, but as medicine because we associate the drugs with making us better. Hell, alcohol and caffeine aren't associated with drugs because they either help us or is a more social thing. But things like pot (which is probably a safe drug) and cocaine get labeled as drugs? You could argue there's bad drugs and good drugs, but to dismiss drugs prescribed by doctors is just stupid and close minded.

Bad logic is bad logic. She's probably been sheltered a lot.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that - "The working man's day, we just piss it away. Leave it out in the weather."

That's how I felt after snoozing through that debate the other night.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that earthforge might be one of the genuinely most intelligent persons I've come across. At least on an online forum.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast