Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

  1. #1351
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

    I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

    We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

    The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

    Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

    I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again

    What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
    Just ask her facebook bro.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #1352
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

    I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

    We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

    The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

    Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

    I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again

    What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
    I'd have said "I enjoyed talking with you," like Nuno said, and then give her my number and be all "if you wanna talk more, here's my number" or something like that. Or you could have asked for her Facebook, there's nothing wrong with that.

    Either way, she'll either say yes or no. No loss there. At least you have great excuse for exchanging numbers - both of you enjoyed talking with each other.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #1353
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I would ask her surname, then add her on the facebook. You would have the excuse of asking "how was your test?", "did you do well?".
    If she is from the uni's city, you can ask about the city, since you do need advice. Like what place you should visit or where are the good hang out spots, and so on
    You could ask her out with a simple "I would love to go there"... You can measure her interest that way too.

    But who am I to give advice? my life is a mess right now
    Last edited by TheMoa; December 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    ...

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #1354
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    I confess writing makes me feel at ease somehow and lets me put order into the chaos of my thoughts.
    I've been filling some pages every once in a while and it helps, but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #1355
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    PM Gary, he's usually a wise and patient person to talk to. Or Kaiten, he likes talking with people. Out of desperation.


    I confess it felt good when an old friend sent a message to me, even though it was on Twitter.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  10. #1356
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    PM Gary, he's usually a wise and patient person to talk to. Or Kaiten, he likes talking with people. Out of desperation.


    I confess it felt good when an old friend sent a message to me, even though it was on Twitter.
    Stop volunteering myself and others for things. Thanks.

  11. #1357
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Why? YOu know you'd love to read wizzard's thoughts. He's weird and intriguing in a weird way like that. D:
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #1358
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why? YOu know you'd love to read wizzard's thoughts. He's weird and intriguing in a weird way like that. D:
    It has nothing to do with him. You've done it before with other people, I'm just irritable enough to say something.

    So your best advice to someone is to talk to someone else? huh?

  14. #1359
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...
    ^ no, my advice for him is to talk to you.

    Take it as a compliment, Beary, that I refer people to you.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  15. #1360
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    ^ no, my advice for him is to talk to you.

    Take it as a compliment, Beary, that I refer people to you.
    No, I take it as you needing an excuse to post. So knock it off.

  16. #1361
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Not really, as I have plenty of excuses to post.

    It's called helping out .And by referring you to PM, I'm assured that you'll do your best to help out and provide some good insights, based on my experience with you. Stop being a douche, it's just a compliment. Jeez, you're such a hardass.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  17. #1362
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Not really, as I have plenty of excuses to post.

    It's called helping out .And by referring you to PM, I'm assured that you'll do your best to help out and provide some good insights, based on my experience with you. Stop being a douche, it's just a compliment. Jeez, you're such a hardass.
    Yeah, you abuse the hell out of this thread...I CONFESS

    Yes, helping out by telling someone to talk to someone else and taking a dig at Kaiten

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #1363
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    You also abuse this thread. Sod off, old chap.


    I confess I don't think I deserve the C in OPM, but am relieved I got C. If it was up to me though, I'd have probably asked why I got C instead of a D, and ask to change it since I feel I don't deserve such good grade at all.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  20. #1364
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    I confess writing makes me feel at ease somehow and lets me put order into the chaos of my thoughts.
    I've been filling some pages every once in a while and it helps, but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...
    I can understand the situation more or less. I have a habit of writing kind of mono-dialogues to avoid being overwhelmed by my thoughts.
    For the record, a mono-dialogue is a word I use to be able to refer to my style; splitting my persona into two and having a conversation that way.
    Anyway, I'd say talking isn't really going to make the same impact on you. Knowing a little bit from my case, I can make a bold case and say you'd not be able to explain what is going on in your mind at the moment properly even if you talked. This may be a wrong conclusion here now, but it applies to the mass, so, I couldn't quite rule it out, either.

    I advise you to get off to a fun start, make a twist for a touch of depression midway through, and conclude with hope.
    At the very least, this is going to make you feel better afterwards.

  21. #1365
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I can understand the situation more or less. I have a habit of writing kind of mono-dialogues to avoid being overwhelmed by my thoughts.
    For the record, a mono-dialogue is a word I use to be able to refer to my style; splitting my persona into two and having a conversation that way.
    Anyway, I'd say talking isn't really going to make the same impact on you. Knowing a little bit from my case, I can make a bold case and say you'd not be able to explain what is going on in your mind at the moment properly even if you talked. This may be a wrong conclusion here now, but it applies to the mass, so, I couldn't quite rule it out, either.

    I advise you to get off to a fun start, make a twist for a touch of depression midway through, and conclude with hope.
    At the very least, this is going to make you feel better afterwards.
    wrong , totally. I started running a second instance of my consciousness long ago, for the purpose of avoiding boredom or feeling loneliness. Often I contradict myself only for the purpose of having something to do, thought I still haven't figured out why and how people are able to play chess by themselves...(it's not like talking to yourself..)

    about the 2nd half, if you haven't noticed I almost always put things in a weird contexts for the purpose of making people minds work and by that enhance my own. Thought usually that's perceived as weird/strange/stupid and some other adjectives of the same group.

    But if I look at what you wrote as a preposition to fall back to the basics, it could actually work as a good advice ^^

    though the truth is I posted in the hope there comes another one saying stuff like 'waah, I do the same, let's exchange e-mails(or something)'

    fishing for interesting people is a hobby of mine






    Will you believe me if I told you this whole time I thought the post above this was produced by Lolisose
    Last edited by wizzard; December 13, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Thread Closed
Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts