Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Um, I guess this depends on how we look at it. I don't think I'm being condescending when I generally avoid confrontation. Not giving value to their opinions is more of a return of the favor. It's natural for people to do that, I guess. Even when we say that we really care about what people think, are we being completely frank or do we just call it that way because it's how we would like to deceive ourselves? I have doubts about that.
    The answer cannot be given that easily, no matter how I look at it. At least, for now..

Oh, and for the record, I don't look down on people. I confess I was just messing up with MJ again
    Ah okay.

It seemed from what you wrote that you deliberately avoided being courteous. Courtesy goes hand in hand with how people view you, its hard work but the more courteous you are to people the more courteous people will be to you. If anything, that in itself is a worthy goal to strive for. Most people can tell when you are outright dismissing them and its helps you avoid being that obnoxious person that no one likes.

And I disagree its not "natural" to not value the opinions of others. It's completely natural. Agreeing or disagreeing with someone else is another matter, but valuing other peoples opinions is important. Self esteem is the value we place on ourselves and valuing others is an integral part of our own self-esteem. It is part and parcel of our need for respect from others and this need is important in having a healthy level of self esteem. It's part of the human need for recognition and acceptance. Abraham Maslow goes into it in a lot of detail.
    Last edited by Imperium; January 18, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I'm not sure if you answered it as your prose is really vague and hard to decipher. But anyway I was curious as to why you chose to be condescending to people? It seems like a choice rather than a habit if you dont mind me saying.
    Tons of people are shitheads, so it's hard not to be condescending to them. Like, unless I act serious, staffers tend to talk to me condescendingly because I act like a shithead most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Oh, and for the record, I don't look down on people. I confess I was just messing up with MJ again
    Dickhead.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    I confess I 'measure' my friends. I mean I measure our friendship. I value friendship a lot, my friends mean the world to me, especially my closest friend. I like my friends for who they are, I love them even with their flaws. But one of my friend is someone I seem to start disliking a bit once I got to be more around her. I care for her, but something tells me we won't be getting along if I continue to be this close around her. I'm starting to think I can only be friends with her from a distance.

And I know this may not make any sense, or it may sound the wrong way, but it is what it is. I feel kind of strange about it. I kind of feel like a jerk for feeling this way. So maybe I'm hoping to hear that other people have the same kind of friendships, I guess.
    It just sounds like self-preservation.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no reason for you to feel bad, perhaps it's not the right type of person for you. That doesn't necessarily mean that person is bad, it's just that you may have different tastes. You don't have to befriend everybody around you, sometimes you can keep your distance when they make you feel uncomfortable. Rather than acting on false pretenses and eventually lashing out at the girl, it's more appropriate to cut your meetings gradually to a minimum.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First: it's not about you, it's her. If she wigs out like that, then she's probably got a problem. Miyagi is right - slowly go distant. It's impossible to drag out the reason for the behavior of such people.

Honestly, I find people who do that self-absorbed enough to take out personal frustration on others. It's best to get away from it before they decide to destroy the relationship and burn all bridges.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys. It's a bit too complicated to explain in details, but I'll keep in mind what you have told me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Two Texans have finally met, details later. I guess. :P

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    The Two Texans have finally met, details later. I guess. :P

Did you guys make out?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post

Did you guys make out?
    Yeah. It was so intense that we fell over right on top of some guy's Magic card battle and messed it up. They were so pissed, we were thrown out.

No, we didn't make out! Is that all you think about, Googz?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MER GAWD

WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT'D YOU DO? WHAT KIND OF DEBAUCHERY HAPPENED? TELL US EVERYTHING.

I BEG, PLS

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Kevin show you his Pokemon cards?
    Such as the rare or limited Charizzard or legendary Pokemon?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Did Kevin show you his Pokemon cards?
    Such as the rare or limited Charizzard or legendary Pokemon?
    ....He did show me his Pokemon cards....

23. Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    ....He did show me his Pokemon cards....
    I knew it - that bish had some rare cards.

Can you say how things went or are we going to have to wait until Kevin gets here?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Damn - the only thing I remember about Kevin was that he had pokemon cards....
    What-esle was there.... god..
    I'll go and re watch his video post.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Well, we could wait so that he could tell you too. I'm going to upload a short video post.

Thread Closed
Page 112 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast