Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 118 of 133 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But do they have a good reason for not allowing her to see the guy?
    That's a mixed perception. For them, I bet they have all the reason to act so, but it would seem pretty meaningless from where the young people will be looking at it. Having their own reasons for an action doesn't completely justify the action, unfortunately.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But do they have a good reason for not allowing her to see the guy?
    Their reason is that he's not from the same town and her last relationship was a long distance relationship too. After she broke up with this guy she was hurt pretty bad.
    Stuff like that, they're trying to protect her. But come on, she's not a girl and they don't know the guy... so it's unfair to both of them, to make this kind of decision

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Their reason is that he's not from the same town and her last relationship was a long distance relationship too. After she broke up with this guy she was hurt pretty bad.
    Stuff like that, they're trying to protect her. But come on, she's not a girl and they don't know the guy... so it's unfair to both of them, to make this kind of decision
    Well, I could understand where the parents are coming from. They truly don't have any faith in him, and if they don't know him well enough by any means, they have all the reason to be overly protective.
    I think your friend has to meet the girl's parents at any case. If a meeting can be arranged and he can be convincing enough about his feelings, he can get the nod. Rather than making a sharp move, the girl has to be the mediator between the sides, so, she has the toughest task in hand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Adorien, i will take a look over there and i'm fully prepared for it!

Have something more to tell about confessions, yesterday i had a date with a worker pal and she didn't came at the meeting point then i asked what happened and she said he awoke 2 PM (our date was at 4 PM) took breakfast and had to go out with his father to buy some sports shoes to him. Dissapointing, don't you think?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

she didn't bother to call you?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Figured. They're justified, but they're doing the wrong thing by not letting her live the way she wants. Restricting someone never helps them grow up. Like I said though, the daughter should talk to her parents, try to reach a compromise. Maybe even meet the guy. I don't agree with the parents' decision, but I can't really blame them for wanting to protect their daughter.

I hope the daughter does appreciate that her parents are looking out for her though.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well then, I confess that each night I try to undergo self induced sleep paralysis.

For those not knowing, it's phenomenon where the body becomes unable to move, like as if an arm or leg fell asleep.
    More importantly, it's often leading to severe Hallucinations and Feeling of Terror.
    I'll just quote the wiki.
    Quote Quote:
    Many people that experience sleep paralysis are struck with a deep sense of terror, because they sense a menacing presence in the room while paralyzed—hereafter referred to as the intruder.
    Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are symptoms commonly experienced during episodes of sleep paralysis. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for reports of alien abductions and ghostly encounters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8ke4Zs8-c
    Last edited by Beatrice; January 26, 2013 at 03:16 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

That happened to a friend of mine but she didn't intend to go through it at all.
    Why do you wanna experience it? xD

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Well then, I confess that each night I try to undergo self induced sleep paralysis.
    Interesting. Do you aim to achieve something in return if you succeed in undergoing it or what?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice
    I confess that I have been trying the same thing for over 2 months(well,actually it's not,I've been trying to get lucid dreams),and the only thing that I managed to get is nightmares :\.Hell,now,even if I try to sleep normally,I get terrible nightmares.But,tbh,I do enjoy having nightmares(I know,it sounds really weird)so it's not that much of a problem...I did scare my mother once though when I was having a particularly gruesome nightmare and I felt in the dream that something caught me(smth like a ghoul/zombie) and screamed as hard as I can...turned out I also screamed in reality,not only in my dream,my mother heard me screaming from the other room lol...

But lately I've been quite lazy and don't attempt it anymore,mainly because you have to sit still,completely still for more than half an hour,and you must not think of nothing,your mind must be empty.And I can't get my mind to stay still,random thoughts of everything simply go through my head and I can't focus on not thinking.I'd say my subconscius has tons of things to tell me...

I want to try it simply for the fun and the ...weirdness of this thing.I mean,let's say you become lucid while dreaming.Then,everything happens as you want it.I can't even imagine what would happen if I think "I want to talk to myself".Would an image of me appear ? Would that be my subconsious ? Things are pretty interesting regarding this phenomenon.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn now this conversation gets this interesting. I have only felt it once as a kid and it was quite scary, I wanted to move but couldn't and then I tried to scream but no sound was coming out after like a minute it went away.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to do it too when I wanted to have lucid dreams (and I can have them) but as godzax said it takes longer to fall asleep that way cuse until your body starts to feel numb and you shift between reality and dream takes a while. And I usually need a lot of time to rest so I don't do it anymore nowadays.

But I agree the first time I felt it I was kinda desperate cuse I couldn't move, but it's actually more of self hypnosys than a biological thing so once you muster up enough will you can get out of it easily.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

For those not knowing, it's phenomenon where the body becomes unable to move, like as if an arm or leg fell asleep.
    More importantly, it's often leading to severe Hallucinations and Feeling of Terror.
    I'll just quote the wiki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8ke4Zs8-c

It's not that hard it just takes time.

Lay on a confortable position with your belly facing upwards. And then close your eyes. You need to relax completely and slowly start to mentalize that you can move. You need to imagine that your arms and legs are weighting more and more... and more until you feel like you can't move them.

Then start to do the same with your head and torax. They are getting heavier and heavier and number. after a while you won't be even able to feel your breath and you won't be able to sense or move your body.

But once you decide to end it you can end it easily. It just take will.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am the only one who just wants to sleep when going to bed... xD

14. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

she didn't bother to call you?
    No, everything what i knew and said here it was wrote in a mail. After that, she tried to get a date again with me, tomorrow... don't know if really going though.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I love you fuckers

Thread Closed
Page 118 of 133 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast