Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1994

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Also, I confess that I act pretty self-centered in this thread. Most times I just come here to vent off my feelings, and for that I apologize. I really do need to change...
    No need to apologize. That's what the thread is for.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I'm seriously considering choosing another course. Right now I study Architecture, and while I do love it and the subject with the same name, I feel that that I'm really not that into the other subjects that revolve around it, particularly the more scientific ones. This is really stressing seeing as I really would like to be an architect, plus I love the people in my course. Seriously, pretty much all of them great, never before have I befriended so many people so quickly. I feel that if I continue doing this course I'll just end up failing later on. It's really annoying :I

Hey Crude do you study at UTL?
    I have a friend on the second year of architecture that studies there too. Do you happen to know him? His name is Wellington Vinicius.
    If I had choosen to stay at Portugal I'd probably be studying there too.

I'm also starting architecture this year. And I find the mosre scientific part of it interesting and necessary you need to know the basics of engineering at least.

Don't give up on your dream just because of that. Once you graduate you won't use it thatttttttt much.

Architecture is lovely so it's worth anything

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice is that if you love architecture, stick with it. No matter the major, there always will be tedious coursework in peripheral subjects. It's a bit like going to the doctor and having to get an injection. All you can do is close your eyes, grit your teeth, and do your best to ignore the pain. This is my second time attending university, and that is a hard won revelation. The stress is normal, vent all you need, and be sure to try your hardest. Don't sacrifice something you love for the sake of something you hate.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that architecture is a difficult degree and it can take a long time to get it. And yet, there aren't that many good jobs in the market. If you're considering changing, then I think you'd be right to seek out other majors. I know that you love it, but I don't want you to end up unhappy because there isn't demand in that field and you have to end up doing something else anyway.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard horror stories about how demanding and soul-crushing a architectural student's final project can be, so it doesn't surprise me that the courses for it are just as demanding. If it's your passion, do your best to stick with it. Passions are hard to come by.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically, do what your heart tells you to do. DOn't be like me, as much as I love doing marketing, I'd enjoy going into medical but I'm not because I barely put effort in school and don't want to waste money. You need to focus on what makes you happy, and remember that short-term despair can a good price to pay for long-term happiness. Tough it out if you think you'll be happy with architecture as your career.

Basically, choose the path that'll give you least amount of regrets, no matter how hard it is. You'll feel even better for having have worked hard and succeeding.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the best advice I can think of; follow your heart, and accept your not going to love everything about the path you choose. Take any stress, frustration, even any failure (no matter how minor), and let it make you stronger. The hard part only makes success more rewarding. Accomplishment without struggle feels empty.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I don't really feel like I love my father. I think I never really have.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

And I don't think he's ever actually loved me.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think that, though? He probably loves you but has a shitty way of showing his love. Us men aren't allowed to be weak and show something like love, we must be tough and badass!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think that Adi? Like... for example, my sis and my dad have a bad relationship, but I know he loves her...

Spoiler show
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I need some advice people.

The girl who asked a date with me it said she's tired of waiting and now it hates me. I helped her with doing that... but now she gets near me everytime even while work periods. Such a nuisance.

I will read it after 4 days though, tomorrow i have to travel to Colombia for a business trip, wish me luck

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

She doesn't hate you...obviously

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanna go out with her? Make time.

Don't wanna go out with her? Tell her to fuck off.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Wanna go out with her? Make time.

Don't wanna go out with her? Tell her to fuck off.

Wanna fuck her? Go out with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Thread Closed
Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast