Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 78, 79 and 80 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 78, 79 and 80 Discussion/Predictions

I originally wanted to wait with making this thread until we have a translation, but apparently that's going to take a little longer, so we'll have to deal with RAWs + summary for a while, sorry about that.

Chapter 78 RAW
    Chapter 79 RAW
    Chapter 80 RAW

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 11, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 78, 79 and 80 Discussion/Predictions

I have a feeling the bad guys are winning this. If score is 6-5, and almost one point from victory, then I think Niou/Atobe are going to lose.

Also, the 1st string took Games because of Niou being unable to serve. Still, I don't understand, how can Mouri dislocate his own shoulder? He wants to end his tennis life or what lol?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; June 11, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    how can Mouri dislocate his own shoulder? He wants to end his tennis life or what lol?
    Im so glad im not the only guy who is thinking WTF here.
    Both Rikkai players in this match dont want to be representatives it seems.

No.10 is likely to be challenged again, but with a dislocated shoulder he will have to forfeit his match.
    Niou cant challenge anybody if he loses, and if he wins, he cant keep his place coz his arm is damaged.

So its a lose-lose for both Mouri and Niou. No matter what, neither of them can play a match anytime soon.
    I think it was a stupid stunt from both of them but good for the story I guess.

It seems Niou impresses us so much after showing us he is the best Doubles-player in the series now, and then he cant play again kinda sucks. If Konomi wants to apply logic here, then it means Niou cant be a representative.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling the bad guys are winning this. If score is 6-5, and almost one point from victory, then I think Niou/Atobe are going to lose.
    To be honest, I'd kinda like Ochi/Mouri to win and lose at some later point, just so that the G10 looks a bit more threatening for the time being. Although regardless of how this match ends, it'll be kinda hard to top Atobe/Niou from the 2nd Stringers. Anything that doesn't involve Sanada or Akutsu seems inferior at this point.

Also, the 1st string took Games because of Niou being unable to serve. Still, I don't understand, how can Mouri dislocate his own shoulder? He wants to end his tennis life or what lol?
    Dislocating your shoulder isn't the end of the world, it's not like you'll never be able to recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    If Konomi wants to apply logic here, then it means Niou cant be a representative.
    Why? Tezuka could play again as well (granted, we don't know how long it took him to recover), I don't see why Niou shouldn't.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    To be honest, I'd kinda like Ochi/Mouri to win and lose at some later point, just so that the G10 looks a bit more threatening for the time being. Although regardless of how this match ends, it'll be kinda hard to top Atobe/Niou from the 2nd Stringers. Anything that doesn't involve Sanada or Akutsu seems inferior at this point.
    I want an all-MSer Top 20.
    Your saying a Plot-powered!Fuji cant compete with the Top 10? Dont forget Ryoma lol.

Dislocating your shoulder isn't the end of the world, it's not like you'll never be able to recover from it.
    I havent dislocated mine before, but a girl in my class did and it took a while for her just to draw, let alone play tennis at a level to represent your country. No shit he'll recover soon, its the time it'll take in relation to a new challenger.

Why? Tezuka could play again as well (granted, we don't know how long it took him to recover), I don't see why Niou shouldn't.
    Exactly that. The difference between Regionals and Nationals was a long time. U-17 Camp and Nationals was not quick at all really.
    Niou also, ISNT Tezuka like Ryoma stated. What's to say he can handle Tezuka's injuries?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure, Mouri, if the ball gets in the 1st string side, will have to forfeit, then the match goes to Niou/Atobe, or the match goes to 1st string, Niou and Atobe stay in Japan.

It's better for them to lose. Niou is injured. Atobe, with his current level, won't defeat stronger players like Tohno, Kimijima, Ohmagari, and a top 5. Ochi and Mouri are the best he can face and he's having problems. If he stays in Japan and trains as hard as he can, and , just like Ryuuji, the physical coach said: "he's the guy who had the most growth out there", if he trains during the time MS are away playing around the world, Atobe could evolve and become a beast, and develop an insane eye technique.

He could also ask for Mifune Coach and go to the mountains, and learn to hit 10 balls
    Last edited by LetalHawk; June 11, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, I don't understand, how can Mouri dislocate his own shoulder? He wants to end his tennis life or what lol?
    Some people are double-jointed and can dislocate/locate their joints at will.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Some people are double-jointed and can dislocate/locate their joints at will.
    Would be a nice feature to Mouri.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Your saying a Plot-powered!Fuji cant compete with the Top 10? Dont forget Ryoma lol.
    Not sure about Fuji. Add him and maybe Improved!Shiraishi to the list if you want, my point is just that it's hard to top Atobe/Niou. And Ryoma won't play doubles.

Also only MSers in the top 20 is pretty much the last thing I'd want, personally.

I havent dislocated mine before, but a girl in my class did and it took a while for her just to draw, let alone play tennis at a level to represent your country. No shit he'll recover soon, its the time it'll take in relation to a new challenger.
    Well, from what I've read, irl it takes around four weeks at least to fully recover, but for once recoveries here tend to be faster than they should be, and we also don't know when he'd actually have to represent Japan in an official match. If it's just another exhibition for example, he could keep his spot and just stay at the camp like Tanegashima did.

Exactly that. The difference between Regionals and Nationals was a long time. U-17 Camp and Nationals was not quick at all really.
    Niou also, ISNT Tezuka like Ryoma stated. What's to say he can handle Tezuka's injuries?
    What's to say he can't? What's to say he won't recover faster than Tezuka even? And again, we don't know when he'd actually have to play.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Every body is a world. One person can recove faster o slower than others. Niou maybe can heal faster, but again, it's impossible to predict.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouri has not shown much throughout this whole match, other than returning the zeroshiki serve and making comments randomly. But once he dislocated his arm to return atobe kingdom, that is pretty intense. That is not something that anybody can do, or would even be willing to do. So although many people including me have not too much about him for the most part, that move right there has risen him pretty high in my book.

It also kinda shows that he has some emotion/ motivation to win, because from his background and from the match, he has not shown to have so much emotions invested in the winning of the match, unlike atobe and Nioh who are pouring there hearts out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

lol this may sound random but i'm kinda hoping for ochi to stay 9 and atobe to get 10 with niou remaining at 15. although atobe and niou at 9/10 would be more deserved (esp for niou) as if niou goes back to 15, he would have played all this while for nothing.

or niou could just be trolling all of us with that arm shit

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekvilibriumm View Post
    lol this may sound random but i'm kinda hoping for ochi to stay 9 and atobe to get 10 with niou remaining at 15. although atobe and niou at 9/10 would be more deserved (esp for niou) as if niou goes back to 15, he would have played all this while for nothing.

You know I had the same hope. Of Ochi staying No.9 and Atobe taking No.10.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    Mouri has not shown much throughout this whole match, other than returning the zeroshiki serve and making comments randomly. But once he dislocated his arm to return atobe kingdom, that is pretty intense. That is not something that anybody can do, or would even be willing to do. So although many people including me have not too much about him for the most part, that move right there has risen him pretty high in my book.

It also kinda shows that he has some emotion/ motivation to win, because from his background and from the match, he has not shown to have so much emotions invested in the winning of the match, unlike atobe and Nioh who are pouring there hearts out.
    Motivation isnt always enough in this series.
    He dislocated his arm. Its admirable but reckless. It doesnt tell us that he has great skill though does it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekvilibriumm View Post

This would be the best trick ever! The ball is falling on the side of MSer, Niou gets up and he makes the point!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast