Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How many characters are going to die in the war?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 15

3 12.00%
  • More than 10

3 12.00%
  • More than 5

13 52.00%
  • None or More than 1

6 24.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul Society Death List

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Soul Society Death List

Simple thread; just say who has more chances, in your opinion, to going down in this war (you can say why if you want). Can be captains, vice-captains or "helpers" (Urahara, Hiyori, etc.)

These are my choices (for now):
    - Yamamoto (He will lose to VR leader, putting SS in a headless chaos. Who's gonna be his succesor?)
    - Kyouraku
    - Ukitake
    - Komamura
    - Iba
    - Kenpachi (Shock! He will die in his element, but not before dragging down two or three quincies, and a good flashback too?)
    - Ikkaku
    - Maybe some vizards

What are your choices?
    Last edited by Kokuryuu; June 11, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul Society Death List

It would be pretty bad if Ukitake and Kyouraku go down here, they're still far to mysterious and have to explain their relationship to Isshin somehow. We also get to know more about Kyouraku, since that's what Kubo promised in his R&R interviews.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It would be pretty bad if Ukitake and Kyouraku go down here, they're still far to mysterious and have to explain their relationship to Isshin somehow. We also get to know more about Kyouraku, since that's what Kubo promised in his R&R interviews.
    Well, they don't have to die right now in their current battles. I was talking about during the whole arc, so we can still get to know a lot of things about them, but I'm seeing their ends, if that's the case, as dramatic or heroic ways to die.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Kenpachi and Ikkaku dying, and I hell hope Uki and Kyo stay alive and and become the "elders" giving wisdom to the younger generation after CC dies.
    Or maybe Ukitake, as we're not sure whether his illness can be, ever, cured. If he dies, Kyoraku going berserk doesn't sound too bad...
    But Uki T__T

I think there's a fair chance that Rose dies in the current battle. There is the "revenge factor" though...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not select any option, because if Kubo will actually finally procure the set of balls needed to kill a few characters, I doubt it will be more than five. Seems like too big of a sudden jump. I'm talking about just this battle though. More people might die later on. And in my book, Kenpachi is pretty much the only guaranteed survival besides plotkai characters.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want anyone to die. Not like I'm some kind of crazy pacifist but I think it's much more interesting when you don't want someone to die, but they do for the plot's sake. So, I'll go with "nobody will die".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

yamamoto
    hinamori
    komamura
    komamura VC
    unohana VC
    mayuri
    rose

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I don't want anyone to die. Not like I'm some kind of crazy pacifist but I think it's much more interesting when you don't want someone to die, but they do for the plot's sake. So, I'll go with "nobody will die".
    Yeah, same here. I never really understood the need of deaths, but seeing how Kubo says he's going to do what he wants at last, and that he'll go all out in this arc, and seeing that now it really isn't safe for anyone (...if Kira doesn't survive I guess, somehow, but still...)..
    It seems that someone will.

ex oriente lux

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe killing off many characters isn't a good idea. They're the main force that drives the plot, without so many of them the manga would be bland and suffer in the long run. Sasakibe has already died and Kira's death is a strong possibility, I guess Komamura may not survive this war too, I see it less likely that we'll get more than that. Yamamoto is a potential candidate but I doubt Kubo would end him without showing us his bankai.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only soul reaper that I would like to die is Aizen. I dislike him with a passion because of all the harm he did. First he screwed up the vizords and Kisuke's life, then toushiro and hinamori, now Ichigo and his friends.
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Captain Yamamoto
    2. Yourichi or Kisuke
    3. Byakuya Kuchiki
    4. Shunshi
    5. Mayuri
    6. Ukitake
    7. Komamura
    8. Rangiku
    9. Tessai
    10.Hachigen
    11 Ryuken Ishida
    12. Isshin Kurosaki
    13. Ikumi
    14. Aizen
    15 the rest of Xcution

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara, Yoruichi, Ryuuken and Isshin, I don't see... it's only that "hunch" or "intuition" or something, but it would feel.. well, not Bleach XD

I wonder whether we'll see some Vizards going down, there's many of them and not all can become important XD

ex oriente lux

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I put Kenpachi on my list, but with the latest events I'm seriously wondering if this guy is "deadable" at all

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with Gin, Ulquiorra and now most likely Byakuya gone, I don't want any more death. I've had enough of my favourite characters going down!
    Ukitake and Kyoraku shouldn't be dead. They're my candidates ( with the most likely one being Ukitake ) to replace Captain Commander.

My dying list includes:
    Captain Commander
    Komamura ( Can't see him living a purpose with Captain Commander gone )
    Kenpachi ( Maybe not initially, but later on )
    Several VCs ( Rangiku, Hinamori who has been due a death for several years from now )
    Ishida

@mrsticky005
    And how come will the others survive with so many powerful people falling?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think going from "no death" to "loadsa gratuitous death" is pretty lame story-telling; if for the entire story we were watching people get killed left, right and centre ten loads more deaths in this arc would be expected. And somehow I just can't believe that Kubo's gonna start now, having killed off no one but a few Arrancar in the entire story (but I may well just be in denial :P) so I'm not going to vote. I am going to make a list of people I hope die;

-Yamamoto: because we already got told he dies against Aizen; Kubo lied to us and I want my revenge! Die, old man!
    -Kira: somehow it would be very satisfying if we were already dead; the number of times Kubo's dropped someone's Reiatsu to nil or done huge amounts of damage to them and everyone's been worried but then they've turned out to be fine....
    -Hinamoro: violently and quickly. Whilst she screams "Oh my God, I have wasted my life! Why did I spend it being so weak?! I regret everything, and anyone who sees me as a role model and voted for me in the character polls (the Japanese public) should rethink their values system!!"
    -Kuchiki Byakuya: for never cracking a smile and being boring.
    -Hitsugaya: same reason.
    -Aizen: off-screen, but definitely killed. Not escaped or disappeared, killed by decapitation. But off-screen, because I don't want to see his face; let Kubo tell us about it in a character book.
    -those two Shinigami Ichigo met at the start of the arc: quickly and with a minimal amount of zero talking.
    -that Shinigami we met a few chapters ago that looked just like a blonde Aizen: as above.

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't mind some gratuitous violence.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast