Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter!!

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.65%
  • 2 (Average)

6 4.96%
  • 3 (Good)

31 25.62%
  • 4 (Great!)

52 42.98%
  • 5 (Epic)

29 23.97%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.83%
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: One Piece 672 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 672 Discussion/ 673 Prediction

Hm, right, Kaiten & japjapjunjun - Vergo thus Monet and CC still could work for the World Government - or the Marines. IIRC, Oda and Jump announced something in the time skip break about there's some kind of gap within the relationship of Marines and World Government IMHO possibly due to Akainu becoming the Grand Admiral - and Oda might start to unfold what he announced. :/ Even as former scientist of the World Government, CC still could work for the World Government without knowing. That's not a real problem as the World Government made Oimo and Carthy believe that their captains Dorey and Brogy were caught and forced them to work for about 50 years...

Well, I prefer to be open to any plot development anyways. Oda has never disappointed me for real.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course CC isn't working as a WG scientist. But consider the possibility that He and the WG are aiding each other.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: matzik
    Okay you guys should change the topic already before i delete all your posts . I don't wanna be forced to do that . Everyone has the right to state their opinion and of course everyone believes they are right so stick a IMO in between the lines and don't exaggerate . Peace

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Since Matzik is sweet and delightful, I deleted all the post that had ANY kind of subtle insults. I don't mind what you're discussing about, but respect each other. If you disagree put the reasons and that's it. If I read one more person being a bitch I'll take further measures.
    And if you're insulted by ANY post, don't answer it. Report it so Matzik and I can solve the situation before going to worst.

PD: If I deleted a post of yours that wasn't needed to be erased, PM me. I selected quite a few and I may have keep the post selected when deleting the rest
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on ! I just get it ! The important key on the island is Ceasar Clown. That's why Law told Luffy they had to capture him and once they had done and left the island, there would be no going back. That's also why Law had to find and go to Punk Hazard : that's where Ceasar had been living on since before the timeskip.

This is so obvious I can't believe nobody had ever thought about it before. Law told Luffy to take care alone of that first part of their Yonko plan alone because he needed Luffy to get involved without any possible drawback, and he himself went with Chopper because he had to take care of the children matter as to prove Luffy he was a real friend of his.

The next question is how will capturing Ceasar bring chaos to New World ? I have a new theory - last one being Big Mom covers Ceasar in exchange for drugged candies - and I'm so excited just thinking about it. This - added to other things of Law's plan - is going to bring war between two of the fuck*ng Yonko ! That's definitely how you bring chaos on these seas ! Make Yonko go to war with each other !

I'd say that all this shit going on with Law is all about bring war between Big Mom and Kaido. Big Mom is completely irrationnal and "once a pirate she wants something, she just takes it" whereas Kaido is likely a man who doesn't want anyone to interfere with his business - his intervention against Whitebeard was to prevent the old man from attacking MHQ. Thus Ceasar will be the key to launch war between the two of them and Luffy and Law will take advantage of that situation so that they can defeat one.

Now I guess Kaido would be the one behind Velgo, Monet and Joker's organisation :
    • he is a bastard as proven by Moria's testimony - who wants to make use of Ceasar's weapons thus following his researches
    • he has very likely had connections with Vegapunk since one of his islands is a mechanical one, so he was aware of Punk Hazard - see my Yonko theory on him being a former Marine, that's also why he knew about Marine research and Ceasar's works, Joker was a Marine of his when he was G-5 Vice-Admiral.

Now how is Ceasar going to fit with Big Mom ? I guess Law is going to make Big Mom addictive to Ceasar's drugged candies. That's why we saw candies being brought back already in the storyline. Thus Kaido's organization will want to take back Ceasar for the Yonko's weapon plan whereas Big Mom will want to keep Ceasar for her drugged candies and selfishness. That will cause a huge and epic mess within the Yonko balance.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; July 03, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you over-thought this, don't you? It's an awesome theory. Although I would wonder why Law then would make this when He can just steal the formula of the addictive candy.

And while I think it's a perfect way to start a war between the Yonkou, I think it's somehow too far-fetched to think that it's CC the key on all this. If he is, must be by the knowledge He has while working with Vegapunk.

BTW, I honestly prefer Virgo as part of a secret organization rather than belong to Kaido.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks Uriel and Matzik. It was no my intention to offend anyone and I offer my apology to everyone that had been offended by the gifs stuff.

Lord Rayleigh, as usual you always say interesting things. Yeap, I was thinking on Kaido vs Big Mom when I posted the hypothesis of war between 2 Yokous here. That is really amazing, and it blowed my mind when I thought about it. Sure it is a way to bring chaos to NW.

CC would be the important key only if he is being hidden by a Yonkou and, at the same time, if he is very important for the other one. That could be possible for sure. But I think it is not obvious at all, and also that important key could be another thing literally hidden in PH (and not metaphorically, as it would happens if CC is IK).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

In One Piece you can easily tell Oda is often inspired by real life issues. This is one of the many reasons why this manga has a great impact on me. While each arc is fictional, you also read small parts of our global history. I believe this arc is no different. There are conspiracy theories (in real world) saying secret organisation have their influence in the world of politic, media, crime organisation and I don't know what else... *hust Illuminati* xD Now I believe there exist a similar organisation in OP.

I think this organisation was firstly introduced with Doflamingo attacking Moria "at command of" someone higher than at the time Fleet-Admiral Sengoku. Since then we had a shadowed figure (<-higher) in front of the WG symbol, a spy in G-5 communication department and lastly the Punk Hazard operation (CC, Mone and now Vergo). So all in all, the organisation seem to have its influence in the Shichibukai, Marines, World Government and some ppl outside the organs. Maybe even the media is involved (tbh I don't think so, but would be quite a feat). Regardless, my point is they are everywhere, thus influential and powerful!

We don't know the mastermind(s) nor their agenda. But there is one thing I'm pretty sure about; considering the effort Oda put in building the organisation and hiding the individuals, I'm pretty sure the people behind it are not any known powerful figures. Basically not Kong, Gorusai, a Yonko or any MHQ executives (Admirals). Because it wouldn't make much sense for any of these influential ppl to do their business in secret. This manga has hyped them as mighty individuals, to be able to act on their whim. Any secrecy would just contradict to that. As such Im strictly against any Gorusai, Yonko or Admirals theory. Furthermore if a already hyped powerful figure turns out to be the mastermind of this plot, the writing would be simply to dull for Oda. Honestly this would hit borderline troll for my taste

Anyway, I believe the mastermind is the guy with Flamingo. This man seems to be within the WG, so basically the organisation is a fraction of the WG. Definitely not a Yonko or any of the WG/MHQ executives (Gorusai, Kong, Admirals). Im putting my money on Vegapunk, because he has the perfectly fitting mystery build-up.

Just my two cents - bhair
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 03, 2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The other possibility is that the Vergo is part of the World Government or Marine, completely neutralizing the power of the Yonkou. The closest Yonkou could have full knowledge of operations at Punk Hazard, but be unable to do anything about it without declaring war on the government.

There is no reason to believe that a secret organization is behind the activities at Punk Hazard. Just because they are acting secretively does not mean the organization is secret. If Vergo's boss is a high enough Government official inserting a minion in G-5 would not be much of a problem. It would also explain why Vergo and his boss are interested in G-5 in the first place. Based on what we know right now Yonkou and Secret Organizations would be a major stretch:
    • Caesar Clown is preforming gigantification experiments on kidnapped children.
    • The government and marine have long been interested in gigantification.
    • A marine at a nearby station is working to cover up CC's presence at Punk Hazard, including the kidnapping of children.
    • Punk Hazard is a former government weapons lab, run by and named after Vega Punk.
    • Caesar returned to Punk Hazard three years ago, one year after the incident.
    • Caesar's assistant Monet is secretly a spy for Vergo's boss, who does not trust Caesar.
    Instead of assuming a Yonkou or secret organization is behind this, let's consider what Oda has actually told us. Caesar is working on experiments that the Government and Marines have long been interested in. A Marine is aiding him, ensuring he can continue his experiments. He is conducting his experiments in an abandoned Government facility. Vergo's boss has enough of an interest in what goes on at Punk Hazard to plant Monet as a spy. But Vergo's boss has seemingly not interfered for three years, allowing Caesar to continue conducting his experiments. We can assume that Vergo's boss has some interest in Caesar successfully developing a gigantification formula. We already know that Caesar has the aid of the Marine. We also know that the Marine and World Government have long being interested in gigantification. Wouldn't the logical answer be that Vergo's boss works for the World Government, has an interest in gigantification experiments continuing in secret, and the means to ensure that they do? It would also be reasonable to believe that Vergo's boss and Joker have some sort of connection. Either they are the same person, Joker works for Vergo's boss, or Joker is Vergo's boss. The latter seems least likely, altering press releases seems like minion work.
    Wow Kaiten this is solid! The theorist inside me is giving himself the biggest facepalm ever! I order you to not stop posting.

FuS

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    ? vs ?
    -------

Since I assume there will be a showdown or at least a final duel in the end of this arc, I find it still very difficult to guess who is going to fight who. There are a lot of parties, which I assume will be as well involved in a fight.

For instance if Luffy fights Vergo, who is going to fight CC? and what about Smoker, Tashigi, Law and the rest of the Strawhats?

My gut feeling tells me:

Luffy vs. CC (Revenge)

Monet vs. Robin (I hope they will fight, while they are both flying.)

What do you guys think? Any ideas?
    MY PREDICTION:

1. luffy vs doflamingo (joker)
    2. smoker vs clown
    3. law vs vergo or other high ranker after joker

4. zoro and tashigi - officers of the org.
    5. sanji and kinemon - officers of the org.
    6. ussop and franky - cool brothers or other officers.
    7. robin and chopper - officer
    8. nami and brook - officer

New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18