Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

1 5.00%
  • Normal

2 10.00%
  • Good

7 35.00%
  • Awesome

10 50.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 192 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 192 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    also it seems like grinpatch, kaitora and that guy are from a ethnic group or a race people , seems interesting.
    That's quite a notice. You seem to be right.

About Chiyo switching sides, there was no need to be that brutal. It seems she she rly hates "appreciation" since it didn't hep her through the pain of loss. I do understand that. But I don't get why she needed to trash her former comrades and Chin, after all he went through the same pain.

I thought Chin and Chiyo were just good mates, their marriage or relationship was surprising. Chin didn't give any impression of someone who lost his "love". So I didn't see that coming.

Toriko 192

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    also it seems like grinpatch, kaitora and that guy are from a ethnic group or a race people , seems interesting.
    If this guy has four arms as welll then I think you're right. However, the question then would rather be why Grinpatch has a fake set of arms? Perhaps someone injured him in the past or something like that.

Anyway, the chapter was good, at the end though it still feels like the representatives of the Igo are still outnumbered by the bishokukais even when counting the four heavenly kings. I guess what they lack in number they make up for in strength.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Chin & Chiyo's relationship was a surprise for me. There wasn't anything to suggest that sort of relationship between the two. Interesting that we are likely to begin learning about Acacia's Full Course in detail as the manga progresses. I've always been curious about the other ingredients on the list. And it looks as though we're going to get to see some action with the big guns of IGO in the Gourmet World, which is awesome. Good build-up, looking forward to see what comes of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^Yeah, there were a few things I didn't see coming but Chin and Chiyo having a son was a big surprise. Another good informative chapter though. We finally learn a little about Acacia's missing full course item. I think Midora knows more about the missing ingredient than Jirou or the IGO Pres.

I always had a feeling that there was 1 or more other ingredients out there that may end up being more special than God.

Was Love actually flying like a bee on those last pages?

Man, it's kinda hard to predict what's gonna happen next. We could either get a chapter of the meeting the guys at Biotope 0 are about to have, we could see Komatsu trying to cook the bubble fruit and learn the revitalizing knife techniques, or we could see something totally random like toriko at his house eating with Terry and reflecting on the last arc and thinking he hopes Komatsu is ok. Komatsu might go back to work and try to hone his cooking skills more on his own.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Komatsu thinks that Ootake want to resurrect somebody too. Maybe "Ume-chan"? Ootake said he didn't even remember Ume-chan's name, but maybe he was just pretending.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 192 Discussion Thread

The chapter was damn interesting! I really liked the twist about Chin actually having a son with Chiyo... And his death and Chin's "apritiation" triggered this drastical change in Chiyo's heart. I like, when authors explains and write their characters really deep.
    It was also great to see how Revitalising Kife works. It might be really great if Komatsu manages to learn this as it might make Toriko progress even more and that will help him to fight strong opponents later and also clear GW more smoothly.
    It was also great to hear about Acacia's hidden ingridient. If it works as announced... then it will be a damn badass Arc for us to enjoy. Would be actually interesting to have it sooner, even though it's obvious that it would be in GW.

Also it was finally great to see oth Biotope and somSpoon to counter attacks as a shield. It would be great if Toriko manages to use it this way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter. Could Acacia missing dish be Devil? Hopefully after Ichiryuu the IGO 0 members talk we get see what Zebura, Sani and Coco been up. If Toriko learned food honor maybe the other 3 HK got there own special thing.
    Last edited by Demon Roronoa Zoro; June 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

The masked person who told Chiyo about the last, hidden ingredient of Acacia's Full Course could be none other than Joa.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/109102/...mata-noboru/12
    Look at the silhouette, it certainly fits Joa's head's shape, and the eyes.
    http://images.wikia.com/toriko/images/9/96/Joa.png

We know Joa has Acacia's notebook and has knowledge on some of his Full Course' ingredients.

Chiyo didn't say that the masked person is a member of the Bishokukai, she did say that she doesn't know who that person is, something which she wouldn't have told Chin if said person was in fact a member of the Bishokukai. Nobody actually knows who Joa is, that's another point. Chiyo joining the Bishokukai makes sense since they're a large group with the means of gathering lots of ingredients.

As for Chiyo's change of heart, it makes sense, really. She lost her son, and I suppose Chin didn't really show how much painful it was for him as well while telling Chiyo to keep appreciating. It drove her crazy at some point.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that masked man is Joa. He seems to like working from the shadows and is very good at it.

Quote Quote:
    So, Komatsu thinks that Ootake want to resurrect somebody too. Maybe "Ume-chan"? Ootake said he didn't even remember Ume-chan's name, but maybe he was just pretending.
    This is very interesting and easy to overlook from all that happening in this chapter. It would make for quite a twist for Ootake to actually have noble goal.

Also, did you guys notice those creases forming on President's forehead and his hair getting longer. It seems he got pretty serious and he just doesn't stop eating.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I also think that masked man is Joa. He seems to like working from the shadows and is very good at it.

This is very interesting and easy to overlook from all that happening in this chapter. It would make for quite a twist for Ootake to actually have noble goal.

Also, did you guys notice those creases forming on President's forehead and his hair getting longer. It seems he got pretty serious and he just doesn't stop eating.
    Yeah the creases on his forehead are starting to look like Zebura ones, i guess Midora growth really must be fuc*ing awesome is Ichiryuu has just been eating constantly.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing chapter!! I never expected that reason for chiyo join the bishokukai , seems like the one that told chiyo about acacia dish was joa but better wait that shows Shimabukuro to us.

Also is interesting see one ingredient that revived death what name could it have??

I like the biotipe 0 people gathering its great to see all those carachters again and finally see Ryu the boss of yakuza.

BTW im still thinking that This guy is from the same race or tribe/clan that kaitora and grinpatch even if he dont have extra arms.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Take has such noble intention. He's just like a kid who is jealous of his more successful friend. Such a sith potential. I think why a lot of us hate the fact that he became sort of rival to Matsu is because his character have not been establish properly. Common rivalry in shonen is always someone close that had gone thru the same hardship but something happen which made them went over to the dark side like Chiyo. The amount of hardship that Take gone thru cant be compared to what Matsu experience....unless we see some flashback

ps: oh and someone voted this chapter was bad. To whoever it was can you tell us your reason? Or its just a troll

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Take bribed his ass into the top 100, was jealous of Komatsu as he is partnered with Toriko and did not even remember his old friend, who is apparently not doing so well in the cooking world. In fact if Komatsu wouldn't have been famous for the century soup he would have forgotten him too. He is scumbag, fitting a villain. Take to have noble reason would be stupid twist.

Imho turning him good would just disturb the plot in a long run. I mean the same happened with Itachi and Nagato. Kishimito killed both charakter for me. I don't like 180° personality change, its always cheesy and destroys the established character.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Imho turning him good would just disturb the plot in a long run. I mean the same happened with Itachi and Nagato. Kishimito killed both charakter for me. I don't like 180° personality change, its always cheesy and destroys the established character.
    I can agree about Itachi. But Nagato never was a completly bad guy.

He wanted peace for the world, he just thought that the end justifies the means. So his contrition and redemption wasn't really a sudden "turn" in his personality.

We still don't know that much about Ootake, he seemed greedy and vain, but until we know something about his past, I wouldn't discard any theory.

(Sorry for my bad english)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So in the upcoming chapter we might either see a bit more about 0th Biotope with a bit of presenting of new characters and also some plot development or we might have Toriko and Komatsu going on their quest for the last ingridient on Toriko's list from Ichiryu. Matsu also might try to prepare Bubble Fruit or learn how to use Revitalising Knife (though I doubt he will show it in the current Arc even if he learns how to use it more or less now).
    It would be great if Toriko has actually learned how to use Spoon. Though he might have already learnt it, because otherwise I don't know how he managed to get to the fighting place so fast.
    Would be also great to learn what is the last ingridient on Toriko's list.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast