Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

I believe he can. However, it greatly depends upon what kind of opponent he gets. If it someone with a similar style, mostly brute force, Ken stands a chance. Most importantly, the captains cannot be underestimated. HM arc was a fine example of how they can be surprising.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he already killed 3 Sternritters so he can clearly handle them. I doubt he can take Buckbeard, maaaaaybe the second in command but im guessing the fight will be a draw or Yama will intervene. That, or Ichigo will arrive during the fight and the Sternritter will retreat to the Ice Palace.
    Kenpachi miiiight beat #2 but not Buckbeard, its just not going to happen right now. I hope Kubo doesnt have Buckbeard kill Kenpachi right now just to show the VR's power... doubt it considering we've already seen how tough they are with Byakuya and Kira

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi couldn't even reach his true shikai yet, not to even think about bankai, and he's as strong as any of the captains (..well, I'd say as any that isn't old generation) in bankai, so this is a war exactly fit for him. I would argue that the three SR he killed probably were of the weaker lot (although still SR.. but they were offpaneled so they wouldn't be important and it usually goes that the unimportant ones = weaker ones) so I wouldn't put him > i.e. Kyoraku in his shikai if he doesn't easily win his fight, Kyo is fighting one of the six or seven that were shown at first (I think those are going to be important and lasting, like Espada)... but yes, this will be an arc for Kenpachi to show off.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Kenpachi couldn't even reach his true shikai yet, not to even think about bankai, and he's as strong as any of the captains (..well, I'd say as any that isn't old generation) in bankai, so this is a war exactly fit for him. I would argue that the three SR he killed probably were of the weaker lot (although still SR.. but they were offpaneled so they wouldn't be important and it usually goes that the unimportant ones = weaker ones) so I wouldn't put him > i.e. Kyoraku in his shikai if he doesn't easily win his fight, Kyo is fighting one of the six or seven that were shown at first (I think those are going to be important and lasting, like Espada)... but yes, this will be an arc for Kenpachi to show off.
    I agree with you that the dead SR Kenpachi has killed are probably weaker too and agree that the 6/7 shown in the "March of the Starcross" (i think that was the chapter) are the strongest/main SRs. Good points Darjaille.

I think im going to like this forum!! Everyone seems to know thier stuff about Bleach here. Im not a huge anime/manga fan but i started watching Bleach when i had Mono and have been hooked on it ever since. I'm glad i made an account and can actually discuss this stuff with other people. Most of my friends and coworkers give me strange looks when i tell them i read a manga lmao

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4