Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

this is an interesting question, one that we should know the answer to all too soon

i look forward to he and ichigo teaming up to try to save SS

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure the answer to this question is yes, Kenpashi doesn't even need a Bankai to be insanely powerfull and strong. He will probably play around a bit, making some medium/higher up think he's got the upper hand and then he will pound this person to death while sounding disgusting at how pitiful the oponent really is. At this point in the manga, even if he's paired against the strongest oponents I highly doubt he will die, we might see him have to use something he never used before but It wouldn't make much sense if he died.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he's even better than most captains because he doesnt rely on bankai . stealing threat means nothing to him and while most captains will feel limited he will be just fine

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that most of the Captains are quite weak without their Bankais now. For example Hitsugaya who not even relies on his Shikai, but practically uses it as sealed sword. And most of the time he uses Bankai, so now after loosing his Shikai and Bankai he is destined to loose his fight. The same aplies to Komamura as he is close to useless without his Bankai. The same mostly goes for guys like Mayuri, Byakuya and Soi Fong as they also fight at least in Shikai and if Mayuri's and Soi Fong's Shikais are quite deadly, then Byakuya's Shikai is quite useless after not even SS Arc, but actually after he pounded Shiba Ganju, if you remember the guy.)
    And the same Kenpachi without an eye-patch was on par with Byakuya in his Bankai, and he didn't even use Kendo. So I believe he might take most of Sternenritter, especially if he won't play too much with them.
    His only problem is his lack of long-range attacks.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    The thing is that most of the Captains are quite weak without their Bankais now. For example Hitsugaya who not even relies on his Shikai, but practically uses it as sealed sword. And most of the time he uses Bankai, so now after loosing his Shikai and Bankai he is destined to loose his fight. The same aplies to Komamura as he is close to useless without his Bankai. The same mostly goes for guys like Mayuri, Byakuya and Soi Fong as they also fight at least in Shikai and if Mayuri's and Soi Fong's Shikais are quite deadly, then Byakuya's Shikai is quite useless after not even SS Arc, but actually after he pounded Shiba Ganju, if you remember the guy.)
    And the same Kenpachi without an eye-patch was on par with Byakuya in his Bankai, and he didn't even use Kendo. So I believe he might take most of Sternenritter, especially if he won't play too much with them.
    His only problem is his lack of long-range attacks.
    Well, hitsugaya does limit his own techniques a decent bit to say the least. We have seen him use shikai and bankai a few times however we have not actually seen him use the full extent of either for most of the time. remember when he fought gin? That was the only time we have seen hitsugaya use his shikai and weather control at the same time. Basically, that was the only time we saw him use the full extent of his shikai. Against harribel he used bankai and weather control but only when his bankai was weakened enough for him to be able to control the damn thing. Now, I am not saying his shikai along with weather control would make up for the loss but overall his shikai does have a decent bit more power than what it has generally shown. Hitsugaya at least should be able to hold his ground if he uses the full weather control thing. Ultimately, weather control is fucking weather control lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a matter of whether or not Kenpachi is strong enough, it's how much of a beating can he take. The way Kenpachi fights is to return more powerful blows to his opponent than his opponent deals to him as opposed to not trying to get hit at all. Kenpachi would likely charge in and take the arrows full on in an attempt to deliver a final blow to the attacking Quincy. The thing is, if these Quincy are strong enough, then they'll be able to injure Kenpachi enough before he attacks to render him useless.
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be quiet a disappointment if Kubo made him act like that, the failure would be put on the author here, because not even Zaraki is that dumb to forget what's going on and that he's needed the the most in this kind of situation. Kenpachi was shown to be able to parry, so no worries here from me. :P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui was dodging the gunfire from Starrk who was pretty fast but that old quincy managed to shoot him quickly using Grimaniel technique. I wonder if Kenpachi can be successful against a quincy who employs a hit-and-run strategy.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy who was fighting shunsui was not precisely doing a hit and run thing. He was being pretty forward for the most part and has hardly run.

Anyways, a hit and run against kenpachi would have risks IMO. Mainly, the hitting part would be an issue. For one thing, the kenpachi is already prone to getting hit. This overall has not bothered him much. Kenpachi has his natural resilience and overall his reiatsu alone has been shown to be strong enough to stop ichigo's slashes and even nnoitora's at times. For a hit and run to work the hit would have to extraordinarily powerful basically. IMO it is kinda unlikely a lone quincy arrow would actually be that strong. Overall the issue here is that if such an strategy is used then kenpachi is likely to simply risk taking the hit to get a hit on the enemy which is likely to be more devastating considering kenpachi is the master when it comes to raw damage.

For me the issue kenpachi could have with a quincy is the long range aspect of the fight. Kenpachi has not kido or ranged attacks for that matter. A quincy actually keeping up with kenpachi in close range is IMO rather unlikely however if the fight is more long range then kenpachi is likely to get wore down little by little and be in trouble. It is not such a strange idea that the final form would be enough to keep distance from kenpachi after all if the speed alone is enough to surprise shunsui.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned Kenpachi doesn't need a bankia or shiki the man hacks,slash and wins. I see Kenpachi having mid lv difficulty with the Sternritters, their Blut he'll most likely Kendo through it once he figures out how hard he has to swing...And Their attack may riddle Kenpachi with holes leave our guy all Bloody the way he likes it, and then Wham Kenpachii owns.....He's going to win though our guy never loses a fight and only makes it look like he's losing Kenpachi is such a drama queen lml....Eyepatch for FTW

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The only real problem for Ken-chan in the fight against Quincy is that he doesn't have any long-range attack with the exeption of Kendo, but he performs in rarely, so at first he would need to get considerably closer to his opponent and only then be able to inflict damage. Also taking in account Blut ability of the Quincies it also won't be an easy task for him to take them down. Though if he will start from not the strongest, then he might easily take the challenge as Äs Nodt was injured from just Byakuya's Shikai and we know that it's practically nothing in terms of current power-levels in the manga. So Ken-chan can actually have a chance if he won't prolongue his fight too much and will take off his ey-patch quicker than usual as now he should know that the opponents are ruthless and won't hesitate to go for head-shot or something like a backstab.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi dealt with Nnoitra and Yammy who had the two strongest hierros out of all arrancar, I don't think blut will pose a big problem unless he goes easy on his opponents. The main problem is whether he'll mess around or get straight to business, lots of shinigami are already dead and there's no time to spend on playing games. I wonder if his opponent will try to keep his distance and try to shoot down Kenpachi or engage in sword combat which may not be a wise move. If the former option comes true, we may see Kenpachi's shikai abilities for the first time assuming he's communicated with his zanpakuto during the timeskip.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Kenpachi struggling, would like to see some Eneru-shock faces once he slizes through them as if their blut is butter. He and Byakusa beat Espada 0 Yama as if he was a simple disturbance to them.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 07, 2012 at 06:28 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I don't see Kenpachi struggling, would like to see some Eneru-shock faces once he slizes through them as if their blut is butter. He and Byakusa beat Espada 0 Yama as if he was a simple disturbance to them.
    Tbf they were pi$$ed off with each other and were most likely aiming for the other :P
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken's fight with Noi shows he doesn't need a primary long distance attack he can close a Gap quick enough to cause Damage. Also when Ken swings his sword he can send his slash's a distance like Sepiroth when he wings his sword. I forgot the name Ichgio used when he did a weaker version back in the FullBRing arc

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast